Rear Axle / Front End Question for Ice racing

Started by Krandall, October 24, 2008, 09:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

Quote from: SULLY0556 on December 17, 2008, 10:36:51 AM
   I got kind of stupid yesterday and ordered 2" spacers for all 4 hubs.......  I know it's not like running 2+ arms but I just wanted to try it out.  My front end widening kit (which I loved) wouldn't fit with the CCP so I can't use it anymore.  :(

I have those because of wheel offset error. THey work great for the rear, fronts... never tried. Steering might be Jerky, but your on ice who cares?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

SULLY0556

06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Peelz

Quote from: SULLY0556 on December 17, 2008, 10:51:44 AM
  It'll look like a spider on the ice..  :lol:

+3 arms +2 widening kit, lowered, +2 studs. Dude, that would be like +16 total.  :grin_nod:  Better flip the rims FTW!  :lol:
Forget that 50" business. ;) i' M TALKING 65" :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

SULLY0556

The one thing I was told by a few of the guys that race ALOT is that the Rath tires feel spongy because of the pyramid shape taking away some meat on the knobby.  I'm not that good so I don't know if I'll feel it or not.....
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

SULLY0556

Quote from: Peels660 on December 17, 2008, 10:55:28 AM

+3 arms +2 widening kit, lowered, +2 studs. Dude, that would be like +16 total.  :grin_nod:  Better flip the rims FTW!  :lol:

Send pics!!   :lol:
06 700R with:

Mad Dog

Quote from: Peels660 on December 17, 2008, 10:55:28 AM

A quad that wide might be pretty hard to pass...though I'm not sure how well it'll turn either.  Never tried it any wider than the 50" or so I have now.

SULLY0556

That would be my strategy!!   No one could pass my slow-ass!   :lol:
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

Feb 7th is our big ice-party up here.  If anyone want's to come over I'll set you up!!  We'll have grills going and lots of good riding.  You'd love the group, no head-cases and everyone helps each other out.  :thumbs:
06 700R with:

Peelz

I would totally hug the middle too. And slide as far sideways as possible.

I'd need some giant friggin' nerf bars though. :lol:

SULLY0556

My nuts didn't show yesterday so tonight will be a mad rush to get them done so I can re-mount them Friday and run Sat.  :(

Here's a few pics of the tires studded before I tuned them.
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

A few more plus the bikes we were setting up.
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

Here's a few of us plowing the tracks last Sat.  There's a full sized oval, an 1/8 mile drag strip, a .94 mile road coarse, a kiddie oval, and parking for 20-30 trucks.  :thumbs:

Takes about 2 hours to plow everything with 2 bikes.
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

06 700R with:

Bert

Quote from: SULLY0556 on December 17, 2008, 10:36:51 AM
   I got kind of stupid yesterday and ordered 2" spacers for all 4 hubs.......  I know it's not like running 2+ arms but I just wanted to try it out.  My front end widening kit (which I loved) wouldn't fit with the CCP so I can't use it anymore.  :(
You could check with Brad @ RPM Axle, he is working on a kit thats similiar to Diamond J Customs kit on ebay & will be Super Moto worthy....seems like a great way to lower the quad & widen it  :thumbs:

SULLY0556

Sounds good but will it fit with a CCP Stabilizer?   ???
06 700R with: