Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Rear Axle / Front End Question for Ice racing  (Read 16130 times)

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
  • Just livin' the dream!!
    • Email
Re: Rear Axle / Front End Question for Ice racing
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2009, 08:55:07 AM »
  The invitation is open for anyone!  P/M me and I'll set you up.

First weekend of Feb is our annual Badwater race day.  :boat: 
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2009, 05:19:50 AM »
   :mad:  No riding this weekend,  5" of water on the track and lots of open water where the springs pushed thru the ice.   Too much warm weather and snow in the last week.  It's a mess right now but the track should be nice when the water on top freezes again.....
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2010, 06:45:59 AM »
06 700R with:

Offline norby449

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »
I have seen guys try to off set tires, It does not work. You do not want to go with a plus anything forward a-arm and you really don't want to extend the swinger! On the flat track we run +2 wider +0 forward a-arms we run stock length or -1 to 1.5 swingers, 5.5 x10 fronts and 59 x10 x10 or x9 in the rear We run sway bars and if you change the off set or stretch one side forward it will not work right. 50 inches is max for width, and lower is good but do not go to the point that the a-arms are level with the ground the does not work either. Sometimes guys will run different tire compounds, harder on the right and softer on the left. You will always offset tire pressure, and change it as the track condition changes. Suspension it critical, compression rebound and preload. Most of this will not matter for someone just starting, but as you learn to ride and turn left it makes all the difference. Remember that one second slower in a ten lap race on a ten second oval puts you a full lap down. Have fun the adjustments never end and the track or tracks change all night long.