Rear Axle / Front End Question for Ice racing

Started by Krandall, October 24, 2008, 09:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SULLY0556

When I was plowing Sunday,  I could see the bottom of the lake thru the ice it is that clear!  The water is about 8' deep but it was so cool, it looked like I was just driving on clear open water.  I was happy to see some cracks so I knew how thick the ice was.  :lol:
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Krandall

Thats how my wifes parents lake is this year. It's so clear, Nice we got a solid freeze before the snow came to make it a really pretty looking ice. And freakin baby's butt smooth.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

SULLY0556

It's going to be a good year for riding.  Last year the ice was soft, this year it looks hard which will be nice.
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on December 09, 2008, 09:39:14 AM
Thats how my wifes parents lake is this year. It's so clear, Nice we got a solid freeze before the snow came to make it a really pretty looking ice. And freakin baby's butt smooth.

Man with no baby makes "baby's butt" reference? Questions will be asked...... :lol: ???
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

SULLY0556

06 700R with:

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

SULLY0556

and here when he was talking about knobbies and studs I was thinking tires..... ???
06 700R with:

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on December 09, 2008, 01:17:31 PM
no comment.?  ::)

good plan. :lol:

Quote from: SULLY0556 on December 09, 2008, 01:22:09 PM
  and here when he was talking about knobbies and studs I was thinking tires..... ???

I knew better....

you northerners are cracking me up with your ice discussion. Hard, soft, smooth. WTF it is F**king ice!

:lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

SULLY0556

Just think of it as "special corn"  Iowa boy.  :lol:
06 700R with:

Peelz

Quote from: SULLY0556 on December 09, 2008, 01:27:40 PM
   Just think of it as "special corn"  Iowa boy.  :lol:

:( I hate corn...but I like corn flakes....go figure  :lol:

Bert

Quote from: Peels660 on December 09, 2008, 01:23:56 PM

you northerners are cracking me up with your ice discussion. Hard, soft, smooth. WTF it is F**king ice!

You'd think so but last year the ice here was soft. In South Dakota the ice was hard
???

Peelz

Quote from: Bert on December 09, 2008, 01:50:08 PM
Quote from: Peels660 on December 09, 2008, 01:23:56 PM

You'd think so but last year the ice here was soft. In South Dakota the ice was hard
???

It is frozen water, it is cold...and I hate it. Classifying it makes it worse. :lol:

There are but two classifications for me. Will my quad fall through..or not. :lol:

Krandall

It's like Meth....

You go out to Cali. You get the GOOD stuff... No let downs. Pure and clean.. It's Meth...

You go to Iowa.. You get the back woods barn sh*t mixed stuff... semi pure not so clean... It's meth...

Different makes and models. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Mad Dog

Quote from: Peels660 on December 09, 2008, 02:00:26 PM
There are but two classifications for me. Will my quad fall through..or not. :lol:

Let's just say the guy going into the corner first is the one most likely to make it to the straightaway.

Dampness awaits those who let off...

Peelz

Quote from: Mad Dog on December 09, 2008, 04:04:20 PM
Quote from: Peels660 on December 09, 2008, 02:00:26 PM

Let's just say the guy going into the corner first is the one most likely to make it to the straightaway.

Dampness awaits those who let off...

..and hypothermia. :lol:

Krandall, comparing ice to Meth. :lol:  We mix our $hit in Trailers here, not barns. Get it right! :lol: