4gunz4x4z Raptor Rebuild Thread!

Started by preddy08, July 15, 2011, 04:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

How sexy are those hubs gonna look behind the OMF wheels!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gunz

John told me he had a stock head-tb boot for you. He's gonna punch it out. The Crank got some weight added to it and the center pin replaced. Tranny will be back next week. Darren said all the dog-ears were rounded off. R&D is doing a procut to the tranny, next best thing to apple pie. You probably won't get the motor back until the end of August. I told him to throw a 14:1 in there, but he wasn't sure if they had a 106 14:1 piston.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Alkire193

Quote from: Gunny on August 11, 2011, 07:56:48 PM
John told me he had a stock head-tb boot for you. He's gonna punch it out. The Crank got some weight added to it and the center pin replaced. Tranny will be back next week. Darren said all the dog-ears were rounded off. R&D is doing a procut to the tranny, next best thing to apple pie. You probably won't get the motor back until the end of August. I told him to throw a 14:1 in there, but he wasn't sure if they had a 106 14:1 piston.

You can have it made for 600-700. Both the reps from JE and CP contacted me and said they would do a single 106mm 14:1 for that price.

preddy08

Still getting a few straggler parts.

Very nice piece IMO!

Krandall

I look forward to the review on that sucker. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

Isnt that the Streamline hydraulic clutch kit with an ASV lever? I thought those were reviewed as having an ON/OFF clutch feel and also leaking during operation?

Krandall

Quote from: Alkire193 on August 16, 2011, 02:01:49 AM
Isnt that the Streamline hydraulic clutch kit with an ASV lever? I thought those were reviewed as having an ON/OFF clutch feel and also leaking during operation?
Quote from: Alkire193 on August 16, 2011, 02:01:49 AM

I didn't hear about leaking, but I did hear about the on/off feel to it.. that wouldn't be cool.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

Quote from: Krandall on August 16, 2011, 08:24:46 AM

I didn't hear about leaking, but I did hear about the on/off feel to it.. that wouldn't be cool.

I think we had this discussion a little while back and Mike didn't care because he was going to use it for more drag than anything.

Gunz

After riding the polaris 450 about 4 years ago, Ive been sold on the hydro clutch. Ask any KTM and Polaris rider if they dislike their clutch, chances are they'll say no.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

preddy08

I picked up these parts as a storm rolled in. Otherwise they would be TWICE as bright, and have alot more depth!

Holy kaa-ripes does this stuff look good!

HOLY EXTRA PARTS BATMAN! WHERE DO THEY GO!!!

Firemann32

I got my hydro clutch  back from Magura today, they supposedly fixed it, we'll see.

Adam

08 700R #117

Langford

Looks like they did an awesome job with the powder.  I just hope all of the blue doesn't blend together...a few of those pieces would have looked great in chrome just to break it up some (brake stay, headlight brackets, exhaust tips, etc).  When you have that much of one color, sometimes it is hard to distinguish between the smaller different parts unless you are really close.  Just my opinion though, either way...it will still look great.  

It was probably mentioned, but you are going with the factory color plastics, right?  White fenders, blue topper and hood?  
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!