4gunz4x4z Raptor Rebuild Thread!

Started by preddy08, July 15, 2011, 04:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

since he is running HID lights, he should be running a relay harness anyways.  simply find a switch that looks nice and integrate it somewhere to control the lights.  Who uses a kill switch  ??? i use the key myself
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Kamakazi

pingel also makes some very nice switches  http://www.pingelonline.com/slimline_controls.htm

ive seen the momentary switch replaced with small toggle switch.

plenty of options to include his signature horn  ;) pricey yes, but when it completes a quad, what does it matter when you already have what im guessing to be 10k into the project  ???  8)

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

preddy08

Quote from: kamakazi on August 21, 2011, 12:02:21 PM
i still see the stock control cluster on the handlebars :( get rid of it and replace the starter switch with this  http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/195/12728/ITEM/Fly-Racing-Billet-Kill-Switch.aspx

I would like to get rid of the stock control switch then I'd need some thing to run the headlights and so on. Honestly I think it would be best to keep it.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Gunz

Is that a new carrier I see? How soft are the yellow rubbers, I like the compression to be super soft. What sprockets did you got with? I'll mail out the rubber piece that goes between the pinch bolts on the swinger.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Kamakazi

Quote from: preddy08 on August 21, 2011, 07:42:35 PM
Quote from: kamakazi on August 21, 2011, 12:02:21 PM
i still see the stock control cluster on the handlebars :( get rid of it and replace the starter switch with this  http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/195/12728/ITEM/Fly-Racing-Billet-Kill-Switch.aspx

I would like to get rid of the stock control switch then I'd need some thing to run the headlights and so on. Honestly I think it would be best to keep it.

i think you are just scared of wiring  :stir: please tell me what you need to run, i can help you through the wiring.  Honestly, the HID should be run with a relay anyways, once you do that hooking up a seperate switch is a piece of cake.

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gunz

Did you get the Lonestar hubs handled?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gunz

Are those Pro Bolts strong enough to hold the controls together?  Did you X the precision clamps? Double check the rear spocket, I've got a funny feeling its a 37 or 39, rather have the 15/38 combo.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gunz

Quote from: preddy08 on August 04, 2011, 06:16:34 PM

This IMS lever is a REALLY nice piece! Very solid.

Did you get the shifter side too... I say do it if you haven't yet...

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

preddy08

Quote from: Gunny on August 22, 2011, 07:13:49 PM
Did you get the Lonestar hubs handled?

I've got a email into LSR, awaiting a responce.

Quote from: Gunny on August 22, 2011, 07:16:45 PM
Are those Pro Bolts strong enough to hold the controls together?  Did you X the precision clamps? Double check the rear spocket, I've got a funny feeling its a 37 or 39, rather have the 15/38 combo.

They seem strong enough. I've got alot of threads in, but we'll see. The PCing on the handle bars makes everything fit a bit snugger, so I dont think they are going anywhere.

You really want 15/38? That pretty much back to stock. ???

Gunz

Quote from: preddy08 on August 01, 2011, 06:29:29 PM

I still think these would have been bad ass, especially if the housings were powder coated white then dual HID's added.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

preddy08

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

preddy08

Quote from: Gunny on August 22, 2011, 07:34:47 PM
Stock is 14/38...

well som bitch. I thought the 36 was stock for some reason. You've got tons of sprockets laying around. No sence in buying another.

Gunz

Well double check to make sure its a 38.... ::)

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar