4gunz4x4z Raptor Rebuild Thread!

Started by preddy08, July 15, 2011, 04:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

Quote from: Langford on August 19, 2011, 07:04:04 PM
Looks like they did an awesome job with the powder.  I just hope all of the blue doesn't blend together...a few of those pieces would have looked great in chrome just to break it up some (brake stay, headlight brackets, exhaust tips, etc).  When you have that much of one color, sometimes it is hard to distinguish between the smaller different parts unless you are really close.  Just my opinion though, either way...it will still look great.  

It was probably mentioned, but you are going with the factory color plastics, right?  White fenders, blue topper and hood?  

Lang, the main reason I did so much blue on the back end is because there's so much billet between the brake rotor guard and the sprocket guard, and other misc parts.

I intended for the small ugly pieces to be the same color so they would blend in and kinda of "go away" I didnt want to add bling bling to a ugly ass fender bracket.

The front bumper is getting split up between chrome and blue. the more I look at it the rear grab bar needs to be white (my first choice and all my friends) or chrome
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

bighamster

Gunz

No chrome tips? Make the grab bar whatever color you want, it's your bike till you give it back.  :thumbs: The colors look great, I can't wait to see what they look like in person..... 8)

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Alkire193

Quote from: Langford on August 19, 2011, 07:04:04 PM
Looks like they did an awesome job with the powder.  I just hope all of the blue doesn't blend together...a few of those pieces would have looked great in chrome just to break it up some (brake stay, headlight brackets, exhaust tips, etc).  When you have that much of one color, sometimes it is hard to distinguish between the smaller different parts unless you are really close.  Just my opinion though, either way...it will still look great.  

It was probably mentioned, but you are going with the factory color plastics, right?  White fenders, blue topper and hood?  

I want to see it all together but I agree there are some pieces that I wish would have more contrast to them. . I do like how clean everything is now. She's sexy!

funyun

Chrome the rear grab bar if the front is going to have some too. Should have done the exhaust tips in chrome too

preddy08

Quote from: funyun on August 20, 2011, 10:22:01 AM
Chrome the rear grab bar if the front is going to have some too. Should have done the exhaust tips in chrome too

I was thinking the tips should be chrome, but Im thinking its too abrupt of a change in color. Cerami-chrome pipes to blue cans to chrome tip, with chrome hangers would be too much to me. I'm thinking the grab bar might be chrome.

preddy08

And HOW in the F is this suppose to work. Sliding the hubs down onto the knuckle I've got like a 1/2" gap from the nut to the bearing :wtf:

Alkire193

:confused: There has to be a spacer sleeve missing. Time to call LSR

txredxj

i would think a spacer would go between the bearings also. the bearing is in way to far

Alkire193

http://www.lsracing.com/img/Guide_38.pdf

Looks like a second bearing must be pressed in for this to work. Hope that helps!

Spartan

You need a rear seal, I noticed this on another set also.

preddy08

Made a little progress today. Slow going at best. Making sure every thing fits well. Kinda spinning my wheels finding parts I can put on now.

Stem clamp turned out really cool!

Alkire193

In the words of Dane Cook: " I just came "  :thumbs:

Kamakazi

i still see the stock control cluster on the handlebars :( get rid of it and replace the starter switch with this  http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/195/12728/ITEM/Fly-Racing-Billet-Kill-Switch.aspx
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Mad Dog

Quote from: kamakazi on August 21, 2011, 12:02:21 PM
i still see the stock control cluster on the handlebars :( get rid of it and replace the starter switch with this  http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/195/12728/ITEM/Fly-Racing-Billet-Kill-Switch.aspx

What about the headlights?  I assume your plan eliminates the kill switch as well.