4gunz4x4z Raptor Rebuild Thread!

Started by preddy08, July 15, 2011, 04:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunz

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220822501743&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I got this one today for the other bike.... I like it. Needs to be polished of PC candy blue for this bike though.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

preddy08

Grab bar is on its way.

I'm sorry, but that bumper is HORRID!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Gunz

What bumpers do we both agree on?

The SE 10 & 11?? What else?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

preddy08

Alkire193

SE 10 and 11  :thumbs:

Shike (= Shawn and Mike), are you going to try that Head Gasket fix that Woofers67 is talking about on MR? Grooving the cylinder and installed a ring in the head to create a "wall". I got his number, I was going to try it.

Krandall

Quote from: Alkire193 on August 11, 2011, 06:04:06 AM
SE 10 and 11  :thumbs:

Shike (= Shawn and Mike), are you going to try that Head Gasket fix that Woofers67 is talking about on MR? Grooving the cylinder and installed a ring in the head to create a "wall". I got his number, I was going to try it.

I dont understand this.... Is he claiming it's new tech? Because hasn't bo been oringing cylinders since like 07? ??? or maybe I'm misreading something.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

The motor is at RE and we're letting them do what they think is best.

As far as the groove and Bo goes. Its a little different ball game. Bo does a simple oring that will smash into the gasket. Bob does a oring and cuts a groove for the oring to sit in.

Alkire193

Quote from: Krandall on August 11, 2011, 07:45:48 AM
Quote from: Alkire193 on August 11, 2011, 06:04:06 AM
SE 10 and 11  :thumbs:

I dont understand this.... Is he claiming it's new tech? Because hasn't bo been oringing cylinders since like 07? ??? or maybe I'm misreading something.

I thought Bo was grooving both sides and using a rubber o-ring. This is a different spin on that using grooves on both sides and then installing a metal ring on the head portion. It clamps the gasket and forces it into the cylinder channel making a good seal. Same style as Bo I think, just a small change. Either way, im curious if either method will be done to Mike's beast.

Krandall

ah, so bo didn't cut a receiving groove onto the head. I know it was a steel o-ring he was using, so that makes sense. thx for clarrification.

I agree though, I'd think even if this wasn't necessary for whatever compression gunz is running, it's a huge safety net :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Gunz

I'll talk to John about it next time I talk to him. I did have a blown head gasket. Small hole, I didn't even notice it, but then again the last 2 times I rode I was having major intake problems, that could have been the culprit. John said it was really noticeable on the inside. I'm going to jump up in compression. From a 12:1 to a 14:1. I've been considering running methanol verses 110.... Methanol is $2/gallon cheaper here.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

crisco

I'm pretty sure Bo o-rings cylinders exactly like the D7 guys. Receiving groove in the cylinder and head and .040" stainless steel wire. 
Monster duals, FCI, PC3, Barker RHC14, RE 14:1, Trex II port, +3 throttle body, Dynatek programmable ignition, evac valve, 22" Haulers

preddy08

Quote from: crisco on August 11, 2011, 09:18:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Bo o-rings cylinders exactly like the D7 guys. Receiving groove in the cylinder and head and .040" stainless steel wire.  

I've got a YFZR and a Raptor cylinder oringed from Bo and he does not use a recieving groove.

preddy08

Only two boxes of goodies today :( But they are some good ones 8)