fishing tips PICTURES ADDED

Started by grap660, July 07, 2008, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fire raptor

Calexi I have stayed there before but I like Old Mill by the bay. Cold hotel water is all part of the Baja charm. Great food all over that area.

Caliraptor

ive never been to that one, but not everyone is a thief over there, theres some really nice humble people over there, before we went to LA PINTA we went to this little little beach surrounded by a cliff, like if the ocean current carved into the land and we were there, there were some houses ontop and we stayed there, this one man gave us freshly made tortillas  :nana: and let us park inside his territory, i think i have distant family members over there, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skipping class and tapping ass

fire raptor

You are right. I have met some fantastic locals. I have a home soth of San felipe and have many good friends. BUT it only takes one shit head to ruin the trip. The only thing I have had stolen in recent years was at Old Mill. It was my fault because I left it on our boat. I just feel it is better to be safe than sorry. The good honest locals do not care if you lock up and it pisses the thiefs off. Absolutly no disrespect intended . Remember once the dust of Mexico has settled into you heart you can never rest in any other land. FR

ThisGuyAlex

the only thing mexican that settled for me was my ass a week after we got back  from tj
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

grap660

how long do you tink the drive to be im guessing 9 hour drive but knowing my uncles they will have beer stops every 30 minutes so mite take longer
2004 raptor 660 blue, alba racing pipe,pro flow kit,pro design foam filter,jetted,gytr skid plate,razr 2 on rear,monster stickers,

dads 2005 yfz 450 alba edtion,alba racing pipe,alba racing graphics,trinty intake,itp holeshots on rear,tag handle barz,jetted,cam mod

Caliraptor

i dont think it should take that much, 4-5 hours at the most
Skipping class and tapping ass

kyledvor61

Quote from: ThisGuyAlex on July 08, 2008, 09:28:37 AM
the only thing mexican that settled for me was my ass a week after we got back  from tj

+1 :'( :clap:

grap660

Quote from: Calexiraptor on July 08, 2008, 02:37:31 PM
i dont think it should take that much, 4-5 hours at the most

i know its a 6 hour drive to get to the place after san felipe i think its call puertocitos really good fishing there went there last october

but i was looking at the map and san qintin is farther
2004 raptor 660 blue, alba racing pipe,pro flow kit,pro design foam filter,jetted,gytr skid plate,razr 2 on rear,monster stickers,

dads 2005 yfz 450 alba edtion,alba racing pipe,alba racing graphics,trinty intake,itp holeshots on rear,tag handle barz,jetted,cam mod

fire raptor

Where are you coming from? From OC it is 1 1/2 hours to the border then 1 1/2 hours thru TJ and Ensenada then another 3 hours or so to SQ. There are more mountains and twisty roads on the pacific side. Lots of farming , grape orchards and little towns. Really pretty drive, stop at Santo Tomas for lunch it has been a stopping place for Baja travlers for years. There is a town just before SQ called Lazaro Cardenas if you take the road out to the ocean you can ride your Quads all the way out on the point at Punta San Quintin. This a 4 wheel drive or offroad vehicle road and is very cool. get a map from Auto Club and check it out. FR.

grap660

Quote from: fire raptor on July 08, 2008, 03:21:53 PM
Where are you coming from? From OC it is 1 1/2 hours to the border then 1 1/2 hours thru TJ and Ensenada then another 3 hours or so to SQ. There are more mountains and twisty roads on the pacific side. Lots of farming , grape orchards and little towns. Really pretty drive, stop at Santo Tomas for lunch it has been a stopping place for Baja travlers for years. There is a town just before SQ called Lazaro Cardenas if you take the road out to the ocean you can ride your Quads all the way out on the point at Punta San Quintin. This a 4 wheel drive or offroad vehicle road and is very cool. get a map from Auto Club and check it out. FR.

im comeing from imperial beach in san diego so the border is like 10-15 minutes away

fire raptor

Yea I used to surf the Tijuana sloughs back when the water was cleaner. The old imperial beach . Ok so you are about 4 1/2 hours drive time to SQ. Are you renting a boat or taking your own ? There are a couple Panga rental companys at Old Mill Plus what used to be a great hotel and restuarant.I have not heard any bad reports so it should still be good.

grap660

the place were staying at has a boat for us to use already  :thumbs:

fire raptor

Have fun and kill some fish!!!

grap660

Quote from: fire raptor on July 08, 2008, 04:15:03 PM
Have fun and kill some fish!!!

thanks for all your help fire raptor  :grin_nod: now i gotta wait 3 more days till the fishing trip  :(

Bert

Are you going to take pics?