fishing tips PICTURES ADDED

Started by grap660, July 07, 2008, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grap660

this friday me and my family are going on a fishing trip to san quintin in baja cali  :clap: i be gone the whole weekend were taking our bikes and my uncle mite take his new 700xx does anybody have good fishing tips on catching lobster or deep sea fishing or if you fished in baja can you give me tips on bait,lures, sinkers, weights any advice well help

thanks  Gabe
2004 raptor 660 blue, alba racing pipe,pro flow kit,pro design foam filter,jetted,gytr skid plate,razr 2 on rear,monster stickers,

dads 2005 yfz 450 alba edtion,alba racing pipe,alba racing graphics,trinty intake,itp holeshots on rear,tag handle barz,jetted,cam mod

kyledvor61

damn is rk over there typing? :confused:

grap660

2004 raptor 660 blue, alba racing pipe,pro flow kit,pro design foam filter,jetted,gytr skid plate,razr 2 on rear,monster stickers,

dads 2005 yfz 450 alba edtion,alba racing pipe,alba racing graphics,trinty intake,itp holeshots on rear,tag handle barz,jetted,cam mod

kyledvor61

dick-84

The only tip i have is take lots of beer!  :thumbs:

grap660

im 16 and i dont drink but my dad and uncles already spent 500$$$ on beer already and they already started to drink some of it

fire raptor

I have been fishing San Quintin for years. This is what I take 4 set ups with 20# 30# 40# 50# ,lucky joe bait makers, blue and white 5oz iron jigs,Rapalas for trolling,live bait hooks for sardines,rock cod rigs and 4,6,8, oz torpedo sinkers,Mexican flag feathers for Tuna and Dorado. If you can buy your Mexican fishing license in the US hard to get in San Quintin. You cannot take Lobster legally Buy it from a local they also have good stone crab in that area. Take some frozen squid with you and hook it whole to the iron jig and bounce it off the bottom for white seabass. Have the guide take you to San martin Island it is one of the most prolific fishing spots on the coast. I have caught some fantastic fish in that area. Tuna,Dorado,White Seabass,Halibut,Calico Bass,Black Seabass,Barracuda and many more. If I can answer any other ? please let me know. Now go catching not fishing!!!!

grap660

Quote from: fire raptor on July 07, 2008, 10:12:41 PM
I have been fishing San Quintin for years. This is what I take 4 set ups with 20# 30# 40# 50# ,lucky joe bait makers, blue and white 5oz iron jigs,Rapalas for trolling,live bait hooks for sardines,rock cod rigs and 4,6,8, oz torpedo sinkers,Mexican flag feathers for Tuna and Dorado. If you can buy your Mexican fishing license in the US hard to get in San Quintin. You cannot take Lobster legally Buy it from a local they also have good stone crab in that area. Take some frozen squid with you and hook it whole to the iron jig and bounce it off the bottom for white seabass. Have the guide take you to San martin Island it is one of the most prolific fishing spots on the coast. I have caught some fantastic fish in that area. Tuna,Dorado,White Seabass,Halibut,Calico Bass,Black Seabass,Barracuda and many more. If I can answer any other ? please let me know. Now go catching not fishing!!!!
dude you just answered all of my questions but what do you mean catching and not fishing and were the best place to catch lobsters

fire raptor

Thats why they call it fishing not catching. If you go catching then you always bring dinner home get it. You do not allways catch when you fish. Its Zen thing be one with the fish. Ok back on track you cannot legaly trap or dive for lobsters in Mexico unless you are a Mexican citizen. Big trouble if you are caught doing that. Ask around and you will find some for sale. If you are oyster fans they have some major oyster farms in the bay and they are good. also lots of clams. Anything else? get back with me. FR

grap660

then ill have no probelms lobster diveing my dad and uncles have dual citizen papers how good are the trails cuz were taking our quads

UncleBeaner

think like chuck norris........... get a pocket knife put it into your mouth and dive in those mothers better be scared
:beans:

fire raptor

Beaner there is some mean shit in the water around there. Major shark fishery by the locals. Moray eels and some fish bigger than we are.

fire raptor

Quote from: grap660 on July 07, 2008, 11:02:09 PM
then ill have no probelms lobster diveing my dad and uncles have dual citizen papers how good are the trails cuz were taking our quads
Keep your stuff locked up and secure. Theft is a real problem in that area. Some good riding in the area just dont get lost as things can get all turned around in certain areas. VERY dusty it is a lot of flat tomatoe farms with horrible dust on the dirt roads. If you leave you gear to go fish make sure it is in a safe location like a hotel yard and well locked.Respect the local ranches and close any gates you go thru. Have fun.

Caliraptor

theres an awsome hotel a little further south of san quintin, its called LA PINTA, las time i went you could ride at the beach, they had some little san dunes and open beach, when i went there was this hot asian playmate over there at the beach  :jaw: the water was FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that hotel also had a pool table :thumbs: ping pong table :thumbs: a restaurant in there :thumbs: and we stayed in the most expensive room, it had a jacuzzi that didnt heat up the water  :confused:
Skipping class and tapping ass

dick-84

Quote from: Calexiraptor on July 07, 2008, 11:30:26 PM
theres an awsome hotel a little further south of san quintin, its called LA PINTA, las time i went you could ride at the beach, they had some little san dunes and open beach, when i went there was this hot asian playmate over there at the beach  :jaw: the water was FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that hotel also had a pool table :thumbs: ping pong table :thumbs: a restaurant in there :thumbs: and we stayed in the most expensive room, it had a jacuzzi that didnt heat up the water  :confused:

Didnt heat up the water?  :lol: What the hell is up with that?