Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Troubled Kid(need advice)  (Read 7797 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Troubled Kid(need advice)
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2018, 12:10:52 PM »
Man, especially after becoming a dad. More and more I have a soft spot for stuff like this. Said it before and I'll say it again. You're doing the world a favor Peelio. It sucks there's kids who don't get a chance at all. Even if it doesn't work out for the best. He's at least got a better shot than he ever has.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2018, 08:16:12 AM »
this is nice and all... but can we go back to the way we normally trash Peels... this feels yucky

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2018, 08:25:02 AM »
this is nice and all... but can we go back to the way we normally trash Peels... this feels yucky

:conceit:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 08:44:25 AM »
Peelz, I just went through the whole post and can't congratulate you enough. I'm like Kranny, before having my little one I would've said put him through the ringer and toughen him up. But damn I'm such a softy now it isn't funny, poor kid. I'm glad he has a good coach and someone to look up to. You've changed the rest of his life for the better already.

Now like Hefe said, back to the trashy talk. I'm weirded out.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »
Peelz, I just went through the whole post and can't congratulate you enough. I'm like Kranny, before having my little one I would've said put him through the ringer and toughen him up. But damn I'm such a softy now it isn't funny, poor kid. I'm glad he has a good coach and someone to look up to. You've changed the rest of his life for the better already.

Now like Hefe said, back to the trashy talk. I'm weirded out.

hes in "the ringer"  but i'm cranking slowly. you know....? i'm afraid of breaking him, and putting him right back in the cycle he came out of. 

sometimes its more than just "sporting all the sports"  :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 12:17:31 PM »
Sometimes it takes a little tenderness. ;)

But really what you're doing for him is really making a world of difference.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »
you guys....

this kid.... goin' back to the first post...

I was within seconds of telling the board to boot him out, because of what Hefe referred to and we discussed here... not letting the extra effort it will take bring the others down.

Im so very glad i didn't.  thanks to you guys for lettin me vent a bit... spitball...

We're in the winter, so no real club team stuff to speak of.... just indoor 'Futsal' where my kids are broken into smaller teams and play with outside players.  (Soccer played on basketball court, less players focusing on skill moves) this kid, though still a bit different... "goofy" in social situations.... shows up amped, ready to play. gives it his all. (even somewhat skilled) volunteers for goalkeeper... has mini-crashes where he gets really down on himself for making an error, like missing a pass or shot-because the rest of the kids are very skilled and hes embarrassed. but, he comes out of it now.... and has a good time, gets back into it.

His caregiver, he calls her "aunt", gushes over what Iv'e done for him... which isn't my aim, but it feels good to hear.  :thumbs:

My club made us all choose player awards for a banquet we are having. Something I'm somewhat against at youth level at least honestly-theyre still developing... (I believe awards can make the high skilled complacent, and the less skilled can have their spirit broken so its a tight rope to have to walk) But, they get a tshirt and a little plaque....

Anyhoo, one of the awards I had to select, was "most improved" welp. Iv'e given it to the kid! :) I have 15 other kids that maybe probably could be put in there.....so prob ruffle a couple soccer mom panties because theyre kid is "the best" but. shit the kid earned it. and it will help the most going forward. Im dramatizing here. My group of moms isnt too bad...theyre actually pretty level headed. I wont have that nonsense.

side note, one of the categories was "players' player" based on votes. which actually is important in my mind. muh pink haired boy won it. :)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 01:30:41 PM »
That's awesome all around peelz. That award to him has the potential to do more for him than you could imagine. :thumbs:
gratz to your boy too! Super cool!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 01:41:40 PM »
That's awesome all around peelz. That award to him has the potential to do more for him than you could imagine. :thumbs:
gratz to your boy too! Super cool!

;)

Im feeling like im becoming an old man lol.. i struggle any time a kid is treated badly. even if its simple...but if im involved, it bugs me

this kid is extreme, but is no way alone.

Another kid, my sons good friend, a good kid, and excellent player.. his dad showed up booze on his breath at 10:30 am. :/

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2019, 02:01:03 PM »
FWIW, that's about the only way I'll be showing up to a soccer game too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 02:43:07 PM »
FWIW, that's about the only way I'll be showing up to a soccer game too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

but

:mad:

but

:shrug: if thats what gets you there  :rofl:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2019, 10:33:09 AM »
I setup some EXTRA matches this saturday and then may 4th, out of my own pocket. my own time.... with the express purpose of giving the younger/less developed kids some play time with similar skill levels. bringing kids UP from the 10 and under level.

Designed to develop lower kids without holding back the better ones, like we discussed here. Troubled kid the MAIN target. as he could use some success when he does the work...  he is ill-equipped to deal with adversity, especially when its his own issues.

I need 9 kids to play.  I get a notification today that only 2 coming from the level below. (i expected 6)

Troubled kid, I asked his "mom" last week. "yes well be there, thanks for doing this for him" Today "Oh were out of town for easter" along with 2 other cancellations.

from my team, i have 4 I expected 7

so I have 6 kids where I expected 13 lol Im bringing my better players... my son included. guess well just smash the competeition and ill look like a douche. but oh well. Maybe thatll be good for their little egos. lol

As far as Xach goes, thought he was getting better..... Then, yesterday was the first time I felt "this is a waste of time, nothing I can do for this kid" and I feel bad about it....

showed up to practice, late. his "dad" 60 years old now, gently pushing him "you wanted to come, go play" he comes out, plays for a few minutes, then just stands there looking at the ground, shruggin. I engage him. "I don't feel comfortable on this team now. i'm having some discomfort, don't really feel like trying"  ::) I Push a little. 2 minutes later, whips off his shinguards, cleats, walks off barefoot.

came back 15 minutes later and practiced.... half-a$$ed.

I messaged the mom asking how he was doing, told her he had a rough day... well they have custody now, but its going really poorly she said. Therapy twice a week....

oof.....  :(

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2019, 10:36:20 AM »
still deciding if I want to be nice to you, or FERK with you... stay tuned!!!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2019, 11:19:05 AM »
:rofl: Hefer.

Don't give up peelz, could be something that would come back yeras later. If you give it your all now and kid turns out sh*tty.  At least you know you did what you could.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2019, 12:04:24 PM »
still deciding if I want to be nice to you, or FERK with you... stay tuned!!!

guess i dont understand why youd ferk with me...?  i used your advice coming up with ideas  to solve my problems. lol so you ferkin with yerself homie