Top end not spinning... (Video Uploaded)

Started by Livingmylife93, June 15, 2010, 08:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

also. what kind of mods do you have. Have the cases ever been split?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Livingmylife93

as far as i know, yes it is. and i know for a fact the piston is not moving. i did verify that.  i dont have the time to dig in right now, i was supposed to be at work 5 minutes ago. i will be back in a few hours guys, if not a few minutes. thanks for all the help. hopefully we can get this figured out.

the only mods i have are the big 3, and a wiseco 11:1 piston. all of which were put on witht he rebuild, hasnt run more than 5 minutes with them.

Colorado700R

if the piston is not moving, you have WAY larger problems

Spartan

How exactly do you know that the piston is not moving?

Livingmylife93

ok, i lied. The piston is moving, i went and checked just now by sticking a screwdriver down the spark plug hole. I though it wasnt because the motor turns really easy... so i guess this leads me to think maybe the chain fell off, even though that shouldnt have happened.

ALSO: i noticed one bolt is missing off the cam gear, and i know i put it on but may not have tightened it. so it must have dropped down. maybe it lodged in somewhere and jumped the chain? ill look into it more tonight i hope, i've been very busy.

once again, thanks for all the help guys.

Spartan

Ouch...Did you loctite the bolts? :lol: Damnit Randy did you help this poor guy too?

Ok kidding aside...I'd take the top end off and check the chain...even though you will need a new set of gaskets.

Colorado700R

get a teliscopic magnet and mirror....chances are the bolt broke teeth or more on the bottom gear also.  Might be time for a stroker crank bro :(

Aaron

Spartan

I do have an extra stock head gasket you can have for shipped cost...Just PM your addy and I'll send it out when I send some other stuff soon. Then you'll just need the base gasket...Is your tensioner gasket still ok? Then of course the stator cover...I know if it was stock it probably ripped to shreds coming off.

Krandall

Yeah, I think that was the case even w/ mine. it was on for a max of like 3 weeks, came off in St. A's and tore.  Let us know how it goes!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

phucker

sorry to break it to you but if the crank is spinning and the cam is not it is time to pull the head off to inspect, then do what krandall said. if you need any more help i can give you my number for some tech support lol

Livingmylife93

damn.... ok well it hast run for more than 3 minutes since its been back together so hopefully the damage is minimal. im not home right now but i will be tomorrow morning and i will spend most of the day finding out what is wrong with it.

again, i cant thank you guys enough for putting up with my dumbass

Spartan

No problem man that's what the forum is for  :thumbs: It's a great crowd for technical help...hope we can get this resolved.

Krandall

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on June 16, 2010, 09:44:28 PM
damn.... ok well it hast run for more than 3 minutes since its been back together so hopefully the damage is minimal. im not home right now but i will be tomorrow morning and i will spend most of the day finding out what is wrong with it.

again, i cant thank you guys enough for putting up with my dumbass

Hmm, did you read my thread at all? :lol:  Crap happens bro. With a community like this though, there's enough people around to get it sorted out. Hold in there bro. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Spartan

Livingmylife93

im struggling to get the flywheel off at the moment... i only have a 2 jaw puller that im afraid to use on it.