Top end not spinning... (Video Uploaded)

Started by Livingmylife93, June 15, 2010, 08:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I used a 2 jaw puller to get mine off before...it's not RECOMMENDED but it worked for me with no problems. I have heard of people using a harmonic balancer puller to do it too, take those hex button heads out and thread the bolts through those holes and push it off

Livingmylife93

I borrowed a 3 jaw puller to get it off, and holy shit did it pop off  ::)

but uh, the timing chain was dropped, and i found the bolt from the cam sprocket lodged between the mounted tensioner next to the crank. It was chewed up a little, i bought a new one. There is no damage to anything else that i can see.

I am working on reassembly now.

Spartan

Yeah that flywheel gave me a heart attack when it came off too...glad to see it's not catastrophic...did you check the gears on the crank too to make sure they're not chipped up? And good luck on the re-assembly...

Krandall

Mine were torn up pretty bad. If the bolt is chewed up. Hopefully nothing else is. Good luck and let us know how it goes bro.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Livingmylife93

The gears on the crank are fine  :thumbs:

I got it started today and its running great, it sounds better than it ever has before.

That picture of that little tiny dowel that i posted up, is not an alignment thing for the case. It is the little post that sticks out of the cam next to the bolt hole to help keep the cam sprocket in place. I guess when the bolt popped out and the chain dropped things were pretty rough up there and it got busted off...

Spartan

Ahh good you got it running man!  :thumbs: I was guessing on that piece cause I have one like it on my shelf I forgot to put in :lol: My cam was pre-installed in my head by the porter.

Livingmylife93

:lol: damn

but yeah, hearing it fire made me feel good. now i just gotta get the rest of the mounts and body together, get the fuel controller dialed in, and im off to HATFIELD MCCOY  :D

Krandall

That dowel that popped out. same thing happend to me. You can put it in the hole and tap it back in. its only pressed in. (very lightly) its not to bad. ;)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Krandall on June 22, 2010, 06:13:38 AM
That dowel that popped out. same thing happend to me. You can put it in the hole and tap it back in. its only pressed in. (very lightly) its not to bad. ;)

im afraid to do it, only because im afraid to mess up and drop it...

Spartan

Well I think you kind of need that thing...it's in there for a reason.

Krandall

If you get a magnet. like one of the super powerful ones like they use for cows. (cow eats magnet hooked to string to pull out any metal they possibly ate from feed) or something else similar. or stuff the hole going into the case w/ a rag so the pin CANT drop down into the case. When mine were ripped out. I asked John @ RE if it was okay to run without. He said the same thing, he wouldn't suggest it, they are there for a reason.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on June 23, 2010, 08:18:50 AM
If you get a magnet. like one of the super powerful ones like they use for cows. (cow eats magnet hooked to string to pull out any metal they possibly ate from feed) or something else similar. or stuff the hole going into the case w/ a rag so the pin CANT drop down into the case. When mine were ripped out. I asked John @ RE if it was okay to run without. He said the same thing, he wouldn't suggest it, they are there for a reason.

seriously....wtf!  :rofl: never heard that. sounds like a high school prank :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

not lieing. google cow magnets. There's some that you feed the animal and it stays in them, and there's some that you can pull back out.

The ones that stay in are like a rod shaped magnet. and it's fairly heavy, and it ends up sitting @ the bottom of the cows first stomach.

pretty interesting stuff you learn when your grandparents are dairy farmers.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

I am afraid if I google "cow magnet" all I get is pictures of Mad Dog.   :lol: :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on July 02, 2010, 08:13:06 AM
I am afraid if I google "cow magnet" all I get is pictures of Mad Dog.   :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: