What would you do?

Started by desdak4, February 03, 2010, 07:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobble

Quote from: desdak4 on February 03, 2010, 10:39:18 AM
I'm decent and know how to read LOL. I have been riding and tinkering with quads for the better part of my life. I am just worried about having a ticking time bomb.

Jay

You are talking about a very mild build. You shouldn't have any problems with reliability at all.  :thumbs:

desdak4

If I went suspension, will the stock rear shock keep up with a long travel setup up front?

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

preddy08

Quote from: desdak4 on February 03, 2010, 12:39:51 PM
If I went suspension, will the stock rear shock keep up with a long travel setup up front?

Jay

again, I'd like to see atleast a re-valved rear. Seems to be kinda bastardizing the fronts with a stock rear.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

desdak4

LOL, so I would be looking at at least 3000 for suspension or 850 for my motor. Wow, this is hard and I am running out of time.

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

shrimpy21

Quote from: desdak4 on February 03, 2010, 01:19:13 PM
LOL, so I would be looking at at least 3000 for suspension or 850 for my motor. Wow, this is hard and I am running out of time.

Jay

I have ordered Bopp +2 a-arms with big ground clearence,motowoz LT triple rate piggyback fronts and motowoz dual rate remote rezzie rear shock and its not far away from your $3000.Ive had to pay extra $ as im having the motowoz customed coloured red/black to match my SE1.If you are going LT i would go wider arms and keep the wheel spacers on the rear.I ordered my stuff from Kenneth at KB motorsports,he will sort you out a good deal  :nod:
I also have a mild build,Bo white's P&P,+3 KDS TB,evac,11:1 cp and a RJ piston.I love my build and had zero problems,touch wood.  :thumbs:

stephen
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

shrimpy21

Sorry Jay its a hard decision to make,i went motor first and was happy,and now suspension,but cant let you know what its like as its being built as we talk  :lol:

I also ride trails and road,you will love the extra power if you go with motor,but as some people say go suspension first as that also makes you quicker.

Why not go suspension and11:1 piston and maybe a cam,just keep the piston and cam quite from the wife  :lol:  :thumbs:
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

White Rider

Motor for sure, you will notice power before how it feels in a corner. You wont regret it at all if you spend your money in the motor first then work from there.
Raptor873

1badazz_700r

i say motor all the way :thumbs: as far a longer swingarm not really a concern with that build. i had the same combination a few years back and didnt reallysee the need for one. jmo

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

wobble

Quote from: desdak4 on February 03, 2010, 01:19:13 PM

Jay

You don't need to spend at least $3000 on suspension. I spent half that and am VERY happy with it.

desdak4

Wobble, what did you go with if you don't mind me asking?

Jay

wobble

+2 JD Performance A-Arms
LSR Axle
Wiigstyle Racing shock rebuilds

desdak4

So I take it that Wiigstyle sets up these stock shocks really good?

Jay

wobble

I haven't had a chance to ride them yet as I just got them back from him. But he does use Race Tech components. I've tried out my buddy's TCS rebuilds (also Race Tech components) and the ride was incredible. That's actually what made me get mine done.

preddy08

Quote from: desdak4 on February 05, 2010, 10:39:46 AM

Jay
Wiigstyle does an amazing job. He setup my suspension from the ground up and for the money I have it, its simply amazing!

My elka's are'nt LT or the crazy expensive one, but I'd sure put them in the same catagorie performance wise.

No one ever wants to give my bike back  :clap: :rofl: :clap:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on February 05, 2010, 11:08:25 AM
Quote from: desdak4 on February 05, 2010, 10:39:46 AM

Jay
Wiigstyle does an amazing job. He setup my suspension from the ground up and for the money I have it, its simply amazing!

My elka's are'nt LT or the crazy expensive one, but I'd sure put them in the same catagorie performance wise.

No one ever wants to give my bike back  :clap: :rofl: :clap:

+1 I was quite surprised by that.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"