Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Ok, I give up...... **Updated 3-5-2010**  (Read 11932 times)

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
Re: Ok, I give up......
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 09:14:31 AM »
Aaron, I knew I liked you.  :thumbs:

Im trying not to be a dick about this, but you are all welcome to your opinions, just please dont be hurt when this bike gets built anyway.

I had a 400 ex, and prayed someone would install 2 or 3 more gears in it as I slept after 2 months of riding atvs. I got my current bike thinking I could "turn down" the throttle until I was ready for it, 2 years later I raced my bike, stage 2....not impressed. 770 build 72hp/60tq, FUN! but it can be better. Still wanted LOADS more. Like im in 4th sideways on a trail laughing cause its fun, but managable, 770 would be my practice/play trail bike.

Soon enough the issue becomes durability in components. Costs get outrageous for the larger pieces to make less power than this bike can generate with the turbo. Most bikes run 45-70 hp for GNCC (450+ pros). In the larger CC's, its bring what you can handle. So if I can handle it.........

Honestly, I have no idea if this will be too much for me. Let me know what the pro turbo trail riders are saying. Cause soon enough, I might be the only one. But how we all got to the builds we have is because someone (or you yourself) said "hey lets do this!" and it either succeeds and starts something new, or it flops and I end up in a tree (been there) and we have a great "FAIL" thread post from me (at the hospital) after my first race  with a "FS JVR Turbo Kit - used for one ride" nearby.

I am going to make this work and try it out on the trails. Thats not going to change. But if you want to test my knowledge about turbo build compression/ stroke ratio fuel setting dyno flux capacitor stuff.....ill fail everytime.

I just wanna race, im learning as I go.

Offline Joker's Vault

• Customer Service #1
  • Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Joker's VAULT Quads and Customs
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 10:13:53 AM »
Wow.... :clap:

Kevin
JVR
Specializing in Raptor 700's, Rhino's, Teryx and High end Sand Cars. Custom Paint, Custom Builds, Engine Builds, Suspensions, Custom Joker's VAULT in frame drag pipes , Turbo's SLC Quad Custom swingarms, Billet accessories. Stock to Sexy.......Mild to wiLd! 801-394-0611

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »

Kevin
JVR

Sometimes you're just at a loss of words. I know the feeling  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:33:58 AM by preddy08 »
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 10:32:06 AM »

Kevin
JVR

Sometimes you just at a loss of words. I know the feeling  :thumbs:

no you don't, you are never at a loss of words. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »

Kevin
JVR

A man of few words, but hopefully a picture or two? Maybe?  ;)

Offline DL700

• Street Cred: 5
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 11:38:40 AM »
more rpm i tell ya, more rpm.....

rpm = momentum,.... and continuous acceleration which makes a huge difference in how a bike feels.

its hard to describe till you've been there and have ridden both

with the current build signing off harsh @ 7700 rpm  there is a lot more to be desired...

the Turbo should offer a fix for that issue...
CUERVO RACING

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »
more rpm i tell ya, more rpm.....

rpm = momentum,.... and continuous acceleration which makes a huge difference in how a bike feels.

its hard to describe till you've been there and have ridden both

with the current build signing off harsh @ 7700 rpm  there is a lot more to be desired...

the Turbo should offer a fix for that issue...

Well, they've figure it out for many other forms of racing VERY successfully.

IE
NHRA Drag Racing
World Rally Championship
IRL (went back to N/A because they were too fast LOL)
Formula 1 (went back to N/A because they were also too fast LOL) 750 brake horsepower per liter :thud:

Please explain why this will be untrue for the raptor?

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 05:41:23 PM »
Wow Chris, I can't believe I'm just now reading this thread.  Your plans are sounding alot like my thoughts on turboing mine when I first starting seriously considering it, high compression (11:1 piston netting around 12:1 with the stroker and cylinder shaved) with a good race fuel and turning the boost down a tad.  Look at the big dogs in other sports, they do HIGH compression with supercharging and rediculous fuels all the time, although they aren't looking for reliability either.  I think a high flowing head and a custom ground cam are going to make huge gains on a turbo build also.  As far as riding a good running 770 in the woods, I wouldn't personally be scared to ride one, wish I had a fast one, maybe one day now that I have plenty of woods to ride.  I personally ride mine everywhere and always have, power has never ever been an issue for me in the trails, as long as you have a well built motor with complimentary parts in it and a great tune you won't have any hesitation or dead spots in your power band, skill comes down to how successful your trail riding will be.  On the whole turbo issue it will have benefits and weakness like any other build or product.  In a 300 foot drag race and assuming horsepower is close, a naturally aspirated engine should spank the turbo everytime.  In a longer race the turbo should spank it on the top end once in higher gears and better traction makes the turbo load up.  I think for an all around big dune or fast trail situation a turbo will be all that and then some.  The only turbo machine I have now is my snowmobile and it leaves a little bit to be desired in the very very tight trees but on the trails and hillclimbing and deep powder it is an unreal feeling, nothing beats boost in the right scenario.  Good luck on the build and can't wait to see it!

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 06:03:55 PM »
I like to ride.  :)

Offline Joker's Vault

• Customer Service #1
  • Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »
13.0:1 piston, or 8.75:1 5PSI or 26PSI? Stage one JVR turbo kit? 50/50 web 4 or HC3? damn so many things to ponder....I know what to do on a 787 Turbo build but this 770 has me all screwed up now....I called and asked the Mrs.(shes still at work...she works for NASA) what to do she told me the exact set up to run on Chris's build....I agree, I think it will work.....

768.5 CC +4.5 crank (great supplier in China I have)
Billy Bob router port (he's a wood worker) and does some killer cabinets as well with +.5 valves
+1 TB with custom powder coating
Purple injector with glow plug
Brooks rod (aluminum left over from the dragster)
Stage IV turbo kit
18.90 Ebay Blow off valve (BOV) for you turbo guru's
Gonna change the swinger as well going with a +3.75 LAQC (Los Angeles Quads and Customs)  now in Fayette Iowa
Home depot spark plug wire (Briggs and straton)
Hi Jacker air shocks (speed secret)
I am so glad she is around to help us on this as Bob and I coupled with the JVR/D-7 crew have no clue what we are doing!
What time does the nAsCar race start? as my wife/sister should be home soon...and I'm cookin dinner (if I can catch the damn chicken)

Kevin
owner of the newly opened quad shop...."We be turbo rappy's and shit"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 06:58:31 PM by Joker's Vault »
Specializing in Raptor 700's, Rhino's, Teryx and High end Sand Cars. Custom Paint, Custom Builds, Engine Builds, Suspensions, Custom Joker's VAULT in frame drag pipes , Turbo's SLC Quad Custom swingarms, Billet accessories. Stock to Sexy.......Mild to wiLd! 801-394-0611

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 07:00:56 PM »
Kevin

:rofl: Quote of the day right there  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 07:45:49 PM »
13.0:1 piston, or 8.75:1 5PSI or 26PSI? Stage one JVR turbo kit? 50/50 web 4 or HC3? damn so many things to ponder....I know what to do on a 787 Turbo build but this 770 has me all screwed up now....I called and asked the Mrs.(shes still at work...she works for NASA) what to do she told me the exact set up to run on Chris's build....I agree, I think it will work.....

Billy Bob router port (he's a wood worker) and does some killer cabinets as well with +.5 valves
Stage IV turbo kit
Gonna change the swinger as well going with a +3.75 LAQC (Los Angeles Quads and Customs)  now in Fayette Iowa
I am so glad she is around to help us on this as Bob and I coupled with the JVR/D-7 crew have no clue what we are doing!
What time does the nAsCar race start? as my wife/sister should be home soon...and I'm cookin dinner (if I can catch the damn chicken)

Kevin

throw in an anhydrous tank and call that the peels edition :lol:

Offline Joker's Vault

• Customer Service #1
  • Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 07:51:02 PM »

Stage IV turbo kit

Kevin

throw in an anhydrous tank and call that the peels edition :lol:
DONE!

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »
I'm not to sure what's going on here, but this is my response to Kev...

Bawhahahahaha!!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I seriously have no idea what the problem is.?.

Chris how much longer before we get to see your wicked build aaaaaaand can I ride it?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar