Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Ok, I give up...... **Updated 3-5-2010**  (Read 11889 times)

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
Re: Ok, I give up......
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 12:16:59 AM »
13.0:1 piston, or 8.75:1 5PSI or 26PSI? Stage one JVR turbo kit? 50/50 web 4 or HC3? damn so many things to ponder....I know what to do on a 787 Turbo build but this 770 has me all screwed up now....I called and asked the Mrs.(shes still at work...she works for NASA) what to do she told me the exact set up to run on Chris's build....I agree, I think it will work.....

768.5 CC +4.5 crank (great supplier in China I have)
Billy Bob router port (he's a wood worker) and does some killer cabinets as well with +.5 valves
+1 TB with custom powder coating
Purple injector with glow plug
Brooks rod (aluminum left over from the dragster)
Stage IV turbo kit
18.90 Ebay Blow off valve (BOV) for you turbo guru's
Gonna change the swinger as well going with a +3.75 LAQC (Los Angeles Quads and Customs)  now in Fayette Iowa
Home depot spark plug wire (Briggs and straton)
Hi Jacker air shocks (speed secret)
I am so glad she is around to help us on this as Bob and I coupled with the JVR/D-7 crew have no clue what we are doing!
What time does the nAsCar race start? as my wife/sister should be home soon...and I'm cookin dinner (if I can catch the damn chicken)

Kevin
owner of the newly opened quad shop...."We be turbo rappy's and shit"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Im dying over here, I just cant stop laughing!

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 12:23:59 AM »
Wow Chris, I can't believe I'm just now reading this thread.  Your plans are sounding alot like my thoughts on turboing mine when I first starting seriously considering it, high compression (11:1 piston netting around 12:1 with the stroker and cylinder shaved) with a good race fuel and turning the boost down a tad.  Look at the big dogs in other sports, they do HIGH compression with supercharging and rediculous fuels all the time, although they aren't looking for reliability either.  I think a high flowing head and a custom ground cam are going to make huge gains on a turbo build also.  As far as riding a good running 770 in the woods, I wouldn't personally be scared to ride one, wish I had a fast one, maybe one day now that I have plenty of woods to ride.  I personally ride mine everywhere and always have, power has never ever been an issue for me in the trails, as long as you have a well built motor with complimentary parts in it and a great tune you won't have any hesitation or dead spots in your power band, skill comes down to how successful your trail riding will be.  On the whole turbo issue it will have benefits and weakness like any other build or product.  In a 300 foot drag race and assuming horsepower is close, a naturally aspirated engine should spank the turbo everytime.  In a longer race the turbo should spank it on the top end once in higher gears and better traction makes the turbo load up.  I think for an all around big dune or fast trail situation a turbo will be all that and then some.  The only turbo machine I have now is my snowmobile and it leaves a little bit to be desired in the very very tight trees but on the trails and hillclimbing and deep powder it is an unreal feeling, nothing beats boost in the right scenario.  Good luck on the build and can't wait to see it!

I had to get ahead of you somehow.....you go turbo, I go nitrous. Nuff said

lol, Thats why a lot of the power will be in the motor and the turbo will be turned down so I dont have to "build" power by spooling up higher pressure out of turns and such. Smaller turbo with the displacement from the 770 should keep vacuum down to a minimum and provide a solid pressure with quick response. And once its full bore, the power lets me run a different sprocket config for a higher top speed. Man.....the possibilities.  :clap:

Offline Joker's Vault

• Customer Service #1
  • Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Joker's VAULT Quads and Customs
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2010, 07:45:36 AM »
Wow Chris, I can't believe I'm just now reading this thread.  Your plans are sounding alot like my thoughts on turboing mine when I first starting seriously considering it, high compression (11:1 piston netting around 12:1 with the stroker and cylinder shaved) with a good race fuel and turning the boost down a tad.  Look at the big dogs in other sports, they do HIGH compression with supercharging and rediculous fuels all the time, although they aren't looking for reliability either.  I think a high flowing head and a custom ground cam are going to make huge gains on a turbo build also.  As far as riding a good running 770 in the woods, I wouldn't personally be scared to ride one, wish I had a fast one, maybe one day now that I have plenty of woods to ride.  I personally ride mine everywhere and always have, power has never ever been an issue for me in the trails, as long as you have a well built motor with complimentary parts in it and a great tune you won't have any hesitation or dead spots in your power band, skill comes down to how successful your trail riding will be.  On the whole turbo issue it will have benefits and weakness like any other build or product.  In a 300 foot drag race and assuming horsepower is close, a naturally aspirated engine should spank the turbo everytime.  In a longer race the turbo should spank it on the top end once in higher gears and better traction makes the turbo load up.  I think for an all around big dune or fast trail situation a turbo will be all that and then some.  The only turbo machine I have now is my snowmobile and it leaves a little bit to be desired in the very very tight trees but on the trails and hillclimbing and deep powder it is an unreal feeling, nothing beats boost in the right scenario.  Good luck on the build and can't wait to see it!

I had to get ahead of you somehow.....you go turbo, I go nitrous. Nuff said

lol, Thats why a lot of the power will be in the motor and the turbo will be turned down so I dont have to "build" power by spooling up higher pressure out of turns and such. Smaller turbo with the displacement from the 770 should keep vacuum down to a minimum and provide a solid pressure with quick response. And once its full bore, the power lets me run a different sprocket config for a higher top speed. Man.....the possibilities.  :clap:

Chris, I just asked Dick Cheney about the build he said to use a NX or boondockers wet/dry NOS system to boost the transmission level....but if we do he recommends using at least a minimum of a blue powdercoat on the shifter lever....

I will advise as we go...

Must run....opening a new Quad and Waffle shop!

Kevin
Specializing in Raptor 700's, Rhino's, Teryx and High end Sand Cars. Custom Paint, Custom Builds, Engine Builds, Suspensions, Custom Joker's VAULT in frame drag pipes , Turbo's SLC Quad Custom swingarms, Billet accessories. Stock to Sexy.......Mild to wiLd! 801-394-0611

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2010, 09:17:59 AM »
international house of turbo.  I-H-O-T :lol:

I'll take a waffle and a side of NOS.  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Joker's Vault

• Customer Service #1
  • Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 09:21:47 AM »
international house of turbo.  I-H-O-T :lol:

I'll take a waffle and a side of NOS.  :lol:

jOkA! Likes!

Wet or dry on the turbbie waffs? Royal purple syrup OK?

KB
Specializing in Raptor 700's, Rhino's, Teryx and High end Sand Cars. Custom Paint, Custom Builds, Engine Builds, Suspensions, Custom Joker's VAULT in frame drag pipes , Turbo's SLC Quad Custom swingarms, Billet accessories. Stock to Sexy.......Mild to wiLd! 801-394-0611

Offline SprinterX

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »
Alkire193 -
I hope your work'n out to build some upper body strength. I'd focus on the muscle group around your shoulders b/c this thing should be ripped your arms out of their sockets. Nice look'n build.
Wish I was in the area as I'd love to take it for a spin. Any chance your going the RR at Winchester this May?
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »
international house of turbo.  I-H-O-T :lol:

I'll take a waffle and a side of NOS.  :lol:

jOkA! Likes!

Wet or dry on the turbbie waffs? Royal purple syrup OK?

KB

synthetic only baby!  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2010, 10:37:11 AM »
Alkire193 -
I hope your work'n out to build some upper body strength. I'd focus on the muscle group around your shoulders b/c this thing should be ripped your arms out of their sockets. Nice look'n build.
Wish I was in the area as I'd love to take it for a spin. Any chance your going the RR at Winchester this May?

Im warming back up to my old workout routine, its not easy. But I have to be ready for when I come home, keeps me healthy too! :)

Ill be in Italy in May. Looking to be in Glamis in December. Im in Afghanistan now so I wont even be able to ride her that hard until I come home, but it will still be a blast!

Anyone is welcome to rip it, I only ask that you pay for what you break  :thumbs:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »
Alkire193 -

Im warming back up to my old workout routine, its not easy. But I have to be ready for when I come home, keeps me healthy too! :)

Ill be in Italy in May. Looking to be in Glamis in December. Im in Afghanistan now so I wont even be able to ride her that hard until I come home, but it will still be a blast!

Anyone is welcome to rip it, I only ask that you pay for what you break  :thumbs:

Shit...

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »
 I only ask that you pay for what you break  :thumbs:
[/quote]

Shit...
[/quote]

Yea, thats right homeboy. Let the conditions of riding the GNCC Turbo build commence :)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2010, 11:17:33 AM »
I think If our beat up quads were to show up at Kev's shop at the same time we might cause him a stroke :lol:

Team Carnage FTW!!

:lol:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »
Alkire193 -

awww crap. Would you consider teeth as a payment? :peels: :lol:

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
I can't even pay in teeth anymore, being in Louisiana now dim bitches done got stolden'd.  I'm finnin to go over to mama and dims and see if they got any fake ones over der.  Just kidding if anyone from Louisiana actually reads this :lol:

Offline Joker's Vault

• Customer Service #1
  • Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »
Just got off the phone with Sig Erson racing cams... :clap: I think we have a winner! Also we are thinking of HPC coating the head inside instead of port work....working with Dyson (the vacuum company) to see if they can make us a small unit to hook to the down pipe to help pull the exhaust out.... :thumbs:

KB

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 09:17:48 AM »
awesome idea. vaccum powered ramjet exhaust with hairdryer turbo ftmfw :woot:  I might run over to the senior center and steal an old man's oxygen tank and spray into the TB to make this sucka run even hotter!!!!! the scuba intake. :lol:

But...if more suction is required....PM spartan.  ;)

:lol: