Cam Warz

Started by Troy, September 14, 2009, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: RaptorRandy on September 25, 2009, 08:03:49 AM
Quote from: troywcc on September 24, 2009, 08:37:14 PM
Web cuts that cam too.  Basically all of the cams we've mentioned are cut by Web with each individual having theirs cut to specification.

It was my understanding that Eric, AKA MR Horspowers cam is not a variation of the Web 4 like all the others are, but a completey different design he developed.

:cheers:

Randy

I could be mistaken but I think he told me it was cut by web when I talked to him about it.  It sounds like it is most similar to Barker's cam.  This is the v3 I'm talking about, the v4 and v5 are supposed to be higher rpm drag cams.  It was my understanding that the 4 and 5 are specifically for his heads...

SUB454

Quote from: tbarker on September 25, 2009, 08:36:23 AM
Web cuts that cam too.  Basically all of the cams we've mentioned are cut by Web with each individual having theirs cut to specification.

It was my understanding that Eric, AKA MR Horspowers cam is not a variation of the Web 4 like all the others are, but a completey different design he developed.

Randy
I didn't know that our RHC14 was a variation of the web 4. I am pretty sure that I had 1 in my hands before the web4 came out. ;)

:rofl:

DIRECTDRIVE

RaptorRandy

Quote from: tbarker on September 25, 2009, 08:36:23 AM

Randy
I didn't know that our RHC14 was a variation of the web 4. I am pretty sure that I had 1 in my hands before the web4 came out. ;)

Tim, I was refering to the RJ and HDD5050 being variations of the web4 ......sorry for it looking like I was lumping you in there. I don't know anything about  that cam(RHC14) and I wasn't refering to it.

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Troy

Hey Tim, I just opened up the box your cam came in and it doesn't look like any other web cam I've seen yet, why do the lobes look all pretty and there's no coating on it?  The Web based cams I've seen look fairly ugly once the grey coating wears off and yours looks like it's finished twice as nice.  No swirl or chatter marks on it at all.  I may have to screw Aaron over on this deal and keep it for myself  ;)

DL700

WEB 4 cams come fresh out of the box with NO coating.... seen em with and without...

I was down @ WEB CAMS today talking with the owner for a bit  Got a full tour of the shop and  got to meet all the different techs and the  personal guys who cut the cams for me....Cool stuff! Most them guys have been there a LONG TIME  :thumbs:

6* of separation  ;)
CUERVO RACING

Colorado700R

Quote from: troywcc on September 25, 2009, 09:36:24 PM
Hey Tim, I just opened up the box your cam came in and it doesn't look like any other web cam I've seen yet, why do the lobes look all pretty and there's no coating on it?  The Web based cams I've seen look fairly ugly once the grey coating wears off and yours looks like it's finished twice as nice.  No swirl or chatter marks on it at all.  I may have to screw Aaron over on this deal and keep it for myself  ;)

:nun:

Can't wait to run this test :nod: 

stkborerappy

On the Barker cam, is the test going to be on the Barker intermediate cam that came out last year, or the RHC14 cam that Tim referenced on the previous page?

Troy

It's the RHC 14 Todd, we are currently having technical difficulties with this one though, I think the valves are hitting the piston.  we spent a long time today clearancing the rockers more and it still stops the engine when turning it by hand, so we threw the RJ back in it to get it running and put a couple of heat cycles on.  We are thinking we may have a problem with the corrected deck height piston hitting, we'll get it figured out before the cam shootout and go from there.  We'll get the motor clayed up with that cam and see what the deal is.  I will tell you it's a night and day difference from the RJ, the Barker lobes are twice as wide.

stkborerappy

Thanks Troy, sounds like they may be the same.  Hope you work it out so these get tested.

Quadracers

I have a V3 Mr. HP cam if you want to test it. I also have a V5, but it won't work in your average head.

DL700

did u get around to testing those others Tom?\\

CUERVO RACING

Quadracers

He has it in the bike, but it had another issue that had to be revised. Should be tested the end of this upcoming week or no later than the 7th. I hope it does the trick! :thumbs:

DL700

pushin your own deadline there  :lol:... hope it all works for the best........

:thumbs: ....... if you guys want a very FAST bike,,,,Watch what QUADRACER DOES and take some notes.....
CUERVO RACING

Quadracers

Yeah, it never fails.  :lol:  We are always burning the midnight oil before a race.

Thanks for the compliment ;)

DL700

What is the SPECs on the V3? have you compared it to....say a WEB 4?  I cant remember the details ???They claim 2 Hp over it in a stock bore build////

CUERVO RACING