Cam Warz

Started by Troy, September 14, 2009, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quadracers

V3 is similar to the Web 4 with a wider lobe center and more duration on the intake lobe. It did not like our motor, but I have heard good things out of smaller builds. Up to 4 hp better over a x4 while extending out the curve and torque at peak HP.

Colorado700R

If your willing to let us test it, we'd love to have it :thumbs:

Quadracers

PM me shipping address.

RaptorRandy

Right on Tom  :thumbs: That's really nice of you to do  8)

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Troy

How cool does the head have to be for the v5?  Mine may be above average.

Quadracers

About -30 F. JK :rofl:

Rockers need a little more love and valve relief depth on the piston is a concern. Most of the RE heads are decked to decrease the chamber size which will increase the need for piston clearence. Also the valve overlap needs to be check very closely with +3s or larger. V5 cam is not a drop in cam and a +3/+2 combination will need to be well thought out in advance to run this cam.

preddy08

Quote from: Quadracers on September 27, 2009, 05:33:04 PM

Rockers need a little more love and valve relief depth on the piston is a concern. Most of the RE heads are decked to decrease the chamber size which will increase the need for piston clearence. Also the valve overlap needs to be check very closely with +3s or larger. V5 cam is not a drop in cam and a +3/+2 combination will need to be well thought out in advance to run this cam.

Now your sending Troy back to the drawing board  :rofl:

GET TO WORK MAN!!! There is no way your Racers Edge bike is faster than mine, if its still sitting in pieces on the garage floor.  8)
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Tim Barker

Quote from: RaptorRandy on September 25, 2009, 07:58:46 PM
Quote from: tbarker on September 25, 2009, 08:36:23 AM
Quote from: RaptorRandy on September 25, 2009, 08:03:49 AM
Quote from: troywcc on September 24, 2009, 08:37:14 PM
Web cuts that cam too.  Basically all of the cams we've mentioned are cut by Web with each individual having theirs cut to specification.

It was my understanding that Eric, AKA MR Horspowers cam is not a variation of the Web 4 like all the others are, but a completey different design he developed.

:cheers:

Randy
I didn't know that our RHC14 was a variation of the web 4. I am pretty sure that I had 1 in my hands before the web4 came out. ;)

Tim, I was refering to the RJ and HDD5050 being variations of the web4 ......sorry for it looking like I was lumping you in there. I don't know anything about  that cam(RHC14) and I wasn't refering to it.

I have to mess with you Randy :lol:

Barkers Performance
www.barkersexhaust.com

Quadracers

The Barker cam has been one of the best cams we have seen.

RaptorRandy

Quote from: tbarker on September 28, 2009, 02:13:15 PM
Quote from: RaptorRandy on September 25, 2009, 07:58:46 PM
Quote from: tbarker on September 25, 2009, 08:36:23 AM
Quote from: RaptorRandy on September 25, 2009, 08:03:49 AM
Quote from: troywcc on September 24, 2009, 08:37:14 PM
Web cuts that cam too.  Basically all of the cams we've mentioned are cut by Web with each individual having theirs cut to specification.

It was my understanding that Eric, AKA MR Horspowers cam is not a variation of the Web 4 like all the others are, but a completey different design he developed.

Randy
I didn't know that our RHC14 was a variation of the web 4. I am pretty sure that I had 1 in my hands before the web4 came out. ;)

Tim, I was refering to the RJ and HDD5050 being variations of the web4 ......sorry for it looking like I was lumping you in there. I don't know anything about  that cam(RHC14) and I wasn't refering to it.

I have to mess with you Randy :lol:

:)  That's cool.....Sub got a good laugh out of it :lol:

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Troy

Quote from: preddy08 on September 27, 2009, 08:31:24 PM
Quote from: Quadracers on September 27, 2009, 05:33:04 PM

Now your sending Troy back to the drawing board  :rofl:

GET TO WORK MAN!!! There is no way your Racers Edge bike is faster than mine, if its still sitting in pieces on the garage floor.  8)

don't worry Shawn, I will have mine together at the last minute, but the last minute is all I need to lay the smack down on ya, lol.  My bike is a good bike and always cooperates with me fully, so last minute is no big deal.  Work is busy this week but I should be fine, just need a couple of hours to get the new setup put together and dyno'd.  And thanks Tom, that is VERY generous of you to offer up a cam, it's truly appreciated  :thumbs:

Troy

OK, so sounds like I got what I wanted out of this whole deal, the three top dogs readily available to the public.  Any bets on what the baddest cam is gonna be?  Keep in mind it's probably going to be tested on a puny little 771.  Aaron's bike doesn't seem to want anything to do with the man cams right now, we may use it to compare stock cam to the HC stage 1 or something :rofl:

Colorado700R

go ahead, beat me.....I dare ya....

Colorado700R

Quote from: troywcc on September 29, 2009, 08:46:13 PM
OK, so sounds like I got what I wanted out of this whole deal, the three top dogs readily available to the public.  Any bets on what the baddest cam is gonna be?  Keep in mind it's probably going to be tested on a puny little 771.  Aaron's bike doesn't seem to want anything to do with the man cams right now, we may use it to compare stock cam to the HC stage 1 or something :rofl:

shutty pom-poms :mad:

Tim Barker

Troy did you get it to work yet ???

Barkers Performance
www.barkersexhaust.com