Kenny at KDS still has my head, what would you do if it was you?

Started by MAN, September 11, 2009, 02:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VelociRaptor

Quote from: MAN on September 20, 2009, 09:04:51 AM
troywcc thanks for the advice! :thumbs:

Bo I will give you a call here soon, I have a cylinder I need to send to you for a new sleeve. :thumbs:

Thank you very much Alkire193, I may hit you up for a phone # here soon.
Send it on.

DL700

Quote from: RaptorRandy on September 21, 2009, 08:09:18 AM
Quote from: DL700 on September 21, 2009, 01:48:28 AM
R-D are WEB Beehives....they work///// if shimmed correctly....

Any spring needs to be shimmed correctly

they are VERY unforgiving if shimmed on the tall side of their spec.... the beehive springs were spec'ed for STOCK valve size and weight as per WEB...
CUERVO RACING

insaneraptor700

im glad man got his head back after 3 months., ive been waiting 6 months and still nothing. i missed all season of a national circuit and all my sponsors are now pissed at me. They sponsored me and i did nothing for them this yr. Kenny really needs to call people back ive been trying to get intouch with him for over a month and his not responding. I know hes a good guy and builds good shit but i need a phone call back and see where the hell my head is. If any1 can help i appreciate it. Thanks.

Colorado700R

will do, When I can get ahold of him I will ask him first thing.  That fucking blows bro :mad;

insaneraptor700

thanks man i appreciate the help ... it really does blow thou ya know its not like i had small sponsors n they were like ehhh just run out name nxt yr when the bike is done ... elka rath racing alba action roberts racing and tim barker they all sponsored me and at every nationall i had them going up to my buddy who rides pro and askin him where i was. i got fucked and now i most likely lost them as a sponsor for nxt yr till i prove myself again on the circuit. anyways shit happens and i appreciate all that any1 can do.

Colorado700R

I talked to kenny, he said he will contact you, or perhaps already has ???

Aaron

SprinterX

Quote from: insaneraptor700 on October 06, 2009, 04:16:01 PM
its not like i had small sponsors n they were like ehhh just run out name nxt yr when the bike is done ... elka rath racing alba action roberts racing and tim barker they all sponsored me and at every nationall i had them going up to my buddy who rides pro and askin him where i was. i got fucked and now i most likely lost them as a sponsor for nxt yr till i prove myself again on the circuit. anyways shit happens and i appreciate all that any1 can do.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with Kenny but with all do respect, you should have begged, borrowed or stole another head and hit the track.
When we were racing sprint type cars I spent a ton of my time at car and trade shows, store openings, writing and sending out press releases, it was endless. If you have good (cash on the table) sponsors your doing everyone a disservice by not treating them right.
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Pw383426

Quote from: SprinterX on October 06, 2009, 11:54:01 PM
its not like i had small sponsors n they were like ehhh just run out name nxt yr when the bike is done ... elka rath racing alba action roberts racing and tim barker they all sponsored me and at every nationall i had them going up to my buddy who rides pro and askin him where i was. i got fucked and now i most likely lost them as a sponsor for nxt yr till i prove myself again on the circuit. anyways shit happens and i appreciate all that any1 can do.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with Kenny but with all do respect, you should have begged, borrowed or stole another head and hit the track.
When we were racing sprint type cars I spent a ton of my time at car and trade shows, store openings, writing and sending out press releases, it was endless. If you have good (cash on the table) sponsors your doing everyone a disservice by not treating them right.

lol... so it's his fault he doesn't have a complete motor....

Colorado700R

Quote from: Pw383426 on October 07, 2009, 03:14:22 PM
Quote from: SprinterX on October 06, 2009, 11:54:01 PM

lol... so it's his fault he doesn't have a complete motor....

:lol: you read my mind.

insaneraptor700

u guys just confused me there lol anyways kenny sent emails to every1 sayin sorry n shit and he said we should have our motors back soon im hoping 2 weeks .. he said the new cams are on order comin in nxt wk so im hoping a wk or so after that i should see my head then. thanks guys.

Colorado700R

Cool man, I booted him for ya, but you know him......

Then again I'm sure my size 12 didn't feel to good. :lol:

SprinterX

I was expecting a response to my post

Colorado700R, Pw383426
No, I realise it's not insaneraptor700 fault and that's a shame. Unfortunately, sponsors are more interested in results not excuses and that's the straight truth of the matter. If they're happy with him and say "just run out name nxt yr when the bike is done", then that's great.

The thread title is Kenny at KDS still has my head, what would you do if it was you?
If I had good sponsors supporting my racing efforts with product and cash I'd have "begged, borrowed or stole another head and hit the track".

Perhaps I was a little too blunt with my comments. The point I was trying to impress upon and one I'm speaking with from lots and lots of experience with motorsport sponsorship is you need to fullfill your commitments to them. If you leave a bad taste in their mouths, they become very reluctant to help the next guy looking for support.

Please accept my apologies if I pissed off anyone with my comments.
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Colorado700R