Kenny at KDS still has my head, what would you do if it was you?

Started by MAN, September 11, 2009, 02:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

What your not gonna tell him your RE head would sodomize the wee KDS head ???

Bastard :lol:

MAN

:rofl:
Thanks guys! I'm glad the whole deal turned out as good as it did.

Troy, I'm doing a +5 crank this winter. That is if I can't talk Bo into doing it for me at one of his kick ass prices. ;) Hint hint Bo. :lol: :thumbs:  How bad of a job am I looking at? A wise man told me if you can do the piston and head, the cranks not a hard job. I just need to be clean with everything and take my time. Do you have any advice for me?
07 Raptor 700r
PC3, DMC Force 4's, FCI with box, CP 11:1 piston, HDD/Web 5050 cam, Kibblewhite Springs, VelociRaptor Trex II +1 port, +2 TB, 07-09 YZ450f Tusk clutch kit, Ron Woods clutch springs, Evac, Dynatek with HDD map, i5500 +2 LT kit, WiigStyle rear shock, CCP, Hiper CF1 beadlocks, GNCC's and more..

SprinterX

Quote from: MAN on September 16, 2009, 09:12:22 PM
A wise man told me if you can do the piston and head, the cranks not a hard job. I just need to be clean with everything and take my time. Do you have any advice for me?
Splitting cases and re/re of a crank is a little more than changing a piston. I've done several cranks myself (no Raptor yet tho) and it requires some special tooling and techniques to bring success. If your at all intimidated about a piston swap, I'd stay way clear of a crank re/re.

It's nice to see you had a happy ending after getting that head.

Those "getting head" comments cracked me up.  :rofl:
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Troy

Troy, I'm doing a +5 crank this winter. That is if I can't talk Bo into doing it for me at one of his kick ass prices. ;) Hint hint Bo. :lol: :thumbs:  How bad of a job am I looking at? A wise man told me if you can do the piston and head, the cranks not a hard job. I just need to be clean with everything and take my time. Do you have any advice for me?

Yeah man I've done a few of the +5's and it's not a hard job at all, just take your time and keep your manual close by.  I use 2 special tools myself but only one is necessary.  I bought a flywheel puller and a crankcase splitter, you can usually have your shop pop the flywheel off for the same price as the tool.  I like the crankcase splitter also for  pushing the crank out of the case side that it stays in.  I also like to have a box of sandwich sized ziplocks, the big freezer sized ziplocks, and a sharpy.  I put all of the bolts from the body and motor mounts etc. (anything outside the actual motor) in a big bag and label it, put all the bolts from the motor in another and label it, all the parts from the left side internals and label, right side internals and label, you get the picture.  I also keep a box big enough to hold all of the engine internals and put the bags and parts in the box on the same side of the bike they came out of and in the same order.  That way if your bike sits for a month before you put it back together everything is in order, clean, and ready to go back together.  So long story short, don't hurry and stay organized and it's a piece of cake.

Troy

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 16, 2009, 08:34:22 PM

Why would I say something like that?  That's a terrible thing to tell someone. ;)

russ-russ

Quote from: troywcc on September 17, 2009, 11:37:03 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on September 16, 2009, 08:34:22 PM

Why would I say something like that?  That's a terrible thing to tell someone. ;)
Aaron can't go 5 posts without some reference to sodomy or assless chaps. :gunny:

VelociRaptor

Just give me a holla......

1badazz_700r

Hey whats wrong with assless chaps ??? I have 2 pair but i wear them backwards :lol:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

fireman5166

07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Alkire193

Just did mine all by my lonesome, and aside from me having a screwed up gearshaft in the tranny, no issues with my motor! Check out my thread "Game Time" for a lot of reference pictures. Its really great and not that tough. You can ask me if you have any questions about the crank install I did a +5 Hot Rods crank with 105mm piston so id love to help out!

MAN

troywcc thanks for the advice! :thumbs:

Bo I will give you a call here soon, I have a cylinder I need to send to you for a new sleeve. :thumbs:

Thank you very much Alkire193, I may hit you up for a phone # here soon.

07 Raptor 700r
PC3, DMC Force 4's, FCI with box, CP 11:1 piston, HDD/Web 5050 cam, Kibblewhite Springs, VelociRaptor Trex II +1 port, +2 TB, 07-09 YZ450f Tusk clutch kit, Ron Woods clutch springs, Evac, Dynatek with HDD map, i5500 +2 LT kit, WiigStyle rear shock, CCP, Hiper CF1 beadlocks, GNCC's and more..

MAN

What's the scoop on the R-D springs for the Raptor 700? Kenny was telling me they are 560 max lift, I just have not seen much about them so I wanted to ask.
07 Raptor 700r

preddy08

RD Spring is a good company I had them custom cut me some valves. GOOD WORK!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

DL700

R-D are WEB Beehives....they work///// if shimmed correctly....

CUERVO RACING

RaptorRandy

Quote from: DL700 on September 21, 2009, 01:48:28 AM
R-D are WEB Beehives....they work///// if shimmed correctly....

Any spring needs to be shimmed correctly

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.