Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Fact O' The Day  (Read 84099 times)

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Fact O' The Day
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2009, 10:01:55 AM »
'Since 1980, the Lunar Embassy has sold millions of plots of land on the moon. '

The 1967 Outer Space Treaty established outer space as belonging to "all mankind," and it prohibits any country from staking property claims on places like the moon. This didn't stop Dennis Hope, the "head cheese" of the Lunar Embassy, from filing an ownership claim for the moon in 1980, doing so as an individual. He is believed to have sold over 2.5 million 1-acre plots of lunar land for as much as $20 a piece.

genius. :thumbs:

I have decided to stake a claim to all the oxygen in the Atmosphere. Everyone on earth will have to pay me a usage fee. SMokers get to pay less, because their lungs don't work for $Hit. :lol: Old idea of mine. Paying on a per breath basis. :lol:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:07:42 AM by PeelsSE2 »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline phucker

• Phrankenstein
  • VIP -
  • Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2009, 05:21:05 AM »
haha that reminds me, when i was a kid my great uncle bought and entire star.i believe he named it after his wife.

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
'The 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing were the costliest and the most polluted in history.'

Prior to the 2008 Summer Olympics, no host country had ever spent more than $15 billion on hosting the summer games, and in fact that figure was a record set at the previous Olympics in Athens. However, it's been widely reported that the Chinese government spent over $40 billion, far and away a record. Those Olympics also featured the most polluted air in Olympic history; researchers found that soot and other air pollutants were almost constantly at levels considered unsafe by the World Health Organization.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2009, 01:14:54 AM »
'Since 1980, the Lunar Embassy has sold millions of plots of land on the moon. '

The 1967 Outer Space Treaty established outer space as belonging to "all mankind," and it prohibits any country from staking property claims on places like the moon. This didn't stop Dennis Hope, the "head cheese" of the Lunar Embassy, from filing an ownership claim for the moon in 1980, doing so as an individual. He is believed to have sold over 2.5 million 1-acre plots of lunar land for as much as $20 a piece.

genius. :thumbs:

I have decided to stake a claim to all the oxygen in the Atmosphere. Everyone on earth will have to pay me a usage fee. SMokers get to pay less, because their lungs don't work for $Hit. :lol: Old idea of mine. Paying on a per breath basis. :lol:
On the contrary, smokers should pay more because they pollute it for the rest of us!
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2009, 09:21:32 PM »
work DNS updating sucks. :mad:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline dragonz

• VIP
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2009, 03:47:21 AM »
work DNS updating sucks. :mad:
Updating anything workwise sucks
2003 Raptor 660LE
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2009, 07:41:02 AM »
'The first pilot's license ever issued in the United States was not issued to one of the Wright brothers.'

Despite their status as the great pioneers of fixed-wing, heavier-than-air flight, Wilbur and Orville Wright were not awarded the first pilot's license, then given by the Aero Club of America. Rather, license #1 went to another aeronautics pioneer, Glenn Curtis. In fact, Curtis was almost also awarded the Aero-Club de France's pilot's license #1 (he got #2 instead). The Wright brothers were issued pilots licenses #4 and 5 strictly as an matter of the alphabet, having been among the first five pilots to prove their flight abilities to the Aero Club.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2009, 07:21:20 AM »
'Argentia, Newfoundland, is the foggiest place in North America. '

Argentia is a community of about 450 people located along the southwestern coast of the Avalon Peninsula on the Canadian island of Newfoundland, which on average experiences 200 fogbound days every year. The foggiest place in the U.S., Cape Disappointment in Washington state, experiences only about 106 fogbound days annually.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2009, 07:26:50 AM »
'One of the most famous speeches in 19th century American history wasn't actually written until the 1970s. '

In 1854, the great leader of the Suquamish and Duwamish tribes, Chief Seattle, delivered a stirring speech to his people about the need to respect nature. It featured lines that have been quoted by a broad range of credible sources, such as, "The earth is our mother," "How can you buy and sell the sky?" and "When the last red man has vanished from this earth, these shores will still swarm with the invisible dead of my people." Yet, although Seattle did indeed deliver a speech around 1854-55, no one knows what he said; he spoke in Lushootseed, which was translated into another Native American dialect, and from there to English -- decades after the fact. The passionate words we've come to associate with Seattle were written by a screenwriter in 1971.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline dragonz

• VIP
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2009, 12:48:51 PM »
'One of the most famous speeches in 19th century American history wasn't actually written until the 1970s. '

In 1854, the great leader of the Suquamish and Duwamish tribes, Chief Seattle, delivered a stirring speech to his people about the need to respect nature. It featured lines that have been quoted by a broad range of credible sources, such as, "The earth is our mother," "How can you buy and sell the sky?" and "When the last red man has vanished from this earth, these shores will still swarm with the invisible dead of my people." Yet, although Seattle did indeed deliver a speech around 1854-55, no one knows what he said; he spoke in Lushootseed, which was translated into another Native American dialect, and from there to English -- decades after the fact. The passionate words we've come to associate with Seattle were written by a screenwriter in 1971.

Further proof that history is not about truth, but about who wrote the best story!
2003 Raptor 660LE
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2009, 07:20:38 AM »
'Since 1894, 17 hockey leagues have competed for the Stanley Cup. '

The National Hockey League (NHL) has been the exclusive competitor for the Stanley Cup since the 1920s, but it didn't start out that way. Initially, a champion from a certain hockey league would challenge the reigning Cup-holding team from another league. A Stanley Cup-winning team would likely have to defend the Cup in multiple annual challenges. For instance, in 1908, the Montreal Wanderers won the Cup five times: once in January, three times in March, then once more in December. The madness ended in 1926-27, when the NHL became the last pro league standing.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »

Further proof that history is not about truth, but about who wrote the best story!

History is written by popular concensus IMO.  Some say "history is written by the victors.....", and in many cases this is true. However, "truth" in war recording would never be popular....People are happy not to know.

Aaron

Offline dragonz

• VIP
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2009, 02:23:51 AM »

History is written by popular concensus IMO.  Some say "history is written by the victors.....", and in many cases this is true. However, "truth" in war recording would never be popular....People are happy not to know.

Aaron

Just look at all the assholes around now saying that the WWII Holocost in Europe never happened!
Got an email about this the other day that I will happily forward to anyone who wants to see it/pass it on.
There are some things we (the human race) must never let ourselves forget!
2003 Raptor 660LE
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2009, 07:34:25 AM »
'Five soccer clubs are worth at least $1 billion - more than any other pro sport except football.'

According to Forbes' recent evaluation of the market value of soccer teams, the teams valued the highest are, in descending order: Manchester United, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, and Liverpool. They are the only teams valued at over $1 billion, while the top 25 teams have an average value of $597 million. With an astonishing 19 teams worth at least $1 billion, only the NFL has more such teams than professional soccer.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2009, 09:19:07 AM »
MANCHESTER UNITED!!!! My favorite team. The team Beckham thought he was too good for....

go reds!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"