Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: War Room?  (Read 6830 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
War Room?
« on: November 19, 2008, 11:11:47 AM »
I enjoy a good political conversation, or or social dialogue....on occasion.

On the FZ1 forum "FZ1OA" they have A sub topic that has a disclaimer, you have to click "i agree" before you enter, called the "War Room" A place where folks who share an interest in the exact same sport/hobby, can hash out, or just investigate their differences.
The disclaimer says things like: Do not enter this topic if you are a whiny little beetch, if you are offended easily, or you can't handle other people's points of view. This is the spot for adult conversationand occasional humor, not for complaining. If you don't have a constructive argument, get out. This area will be loosely moderated...but no racism, or all out personal attacks will be tolerated. But...if you say something stupid, and you are attacked, don't expect to be protected. Just a thought. ;)

Not sure it would work here, this site is still relatively small compared to that one. Helps them out so they don't have to work so hard chasing down the Limiteds of their forum. But they have a huge site!

By the way. Every day in the "war room" there are countless creation vs evolution arguments, and I never saw one get too ugly.

Sorry, Peels is bored today. Printer being stupid. Cycle up, cycle down...repeat 1000x!!!!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: War Room?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 01:02:51 PM »
Political and religious debate does nothing but drive a wedge between members who would otherwise get along.  Forums have a purpose, if you want to talk about those kinds of things then I suggest you go find forums where those topics are the focus.

Just my opinion, and the reason I seldom tolerate such discussions at RF.  I've gotten tied up in threads about these kinds of topics and at no point has it ever improved my forum experience or made me happier to be a part of any board.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 01:06:46 PM »
Political and religious debate does nothing but drive a wedge between members who would otherwise get along.  Forums have a purpose, if you want to talk about those kinds of things then I suggest you go find forums where those topics are the focus.

Just my opinion, and the reason I seldom permit such discussions at RF.  I've gotten tied up in threads about these kinds of topics and at no point has it ever improved my forum experience or made me happier to be a part of any board.

I see your point.  Just an idea to direct those kind of conversations away from regular folks' threads.
Like I said, I don't think our small community would need or utilize it correctly, just start unending arguments. Again... bored......
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:23:23 PM »

Just my opinion, and the reason I seldom tolerate such discussions at RF.  I've gotten tied up in threads about these kinds of topics and at no point has it ever improved my forum experience or made me happier to be a part of any board.

I tend to disagree, albeit slightly.  I think that if people can keep it civil and not resort to ad hominems debate should be encouraged.  It's unfortunate that people can't argue a point without it turning into a giant shit storm.  I think that by allowing people to engage in discussions of topics that are "taboo" it may actually teach them how to debate properly.  Just my .02.  Good point though Peels.  You're alright.  I don't care what Krandall says about you.   ;)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 01:26:29 PM »

I tend to disagree, albeit slightly.  I think that if people can keep it civil and not resort to ad hominems debate should be encouraged.  It's unfortunate that people can't argue a point without it turning into a giant shit storm.  I think that by allowing people to engage in discussions of topics that are "taboo" it may actually teach them how to debate properly.  Just my .02.  Good point though Peels.  You're alright.  I don't care what Krandall says about you.   ;)

Don't let Krandall fool ya'...he digs me. :lol:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
I'm starting to have hate for the threads.  I get to deal with the BS now. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 01:39:04 PM »

Don't let Krandall fool ya'...he digs me. :lol:

You better watch your back, Nick is the jealous type.   :confused:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 01:43:57 PM »
I don't mind a good discussion, but someone always gets offended, joking or not.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »
I don't mind a good discussion, but someone always gets offended, joking or not.

~Brian

Joking or not?

I didn't know there was a "not joking" thread on this forum. :lol: ;)

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 01:47:32 PM »
Some comments have meant to be on the humorous side, but some have been taken out of context.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »

~Brian

Thus the reason I thought of it. If you are easily offended, don't post in it. I try not to offend..and not to be offended. Hard to do all the time, though.

Some people don't take the emoticons into account that usually imply sarcasm.  :lol:

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 01:54:39 PM »

~Brian

Thus the reason I thought of it. If you are easily offended, don't post in it. I try not to offend..and not to be offended. Hard to do all the time, though.

Some people don't take the emoticons into account that usually imply sarcasm.  :lol:

Thank you Peels.  You just reiterated my sentiments exactly.  And seriously, when did being "easily offended" become ok?  These types should be mocked and ridiculed so that they may actually have their testicles finally drop.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 01:55:18 PM »
what if they haven't dropped yet in general? :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 01:56:25 PM »
what if they haven't dropped yet in general? :lol:

Give it time Randy, your turn is coming.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 01:57:02 PM »
We can ask the kids when they show up in a few minutes.

It will give them another reason to post useless shit.

:lol:  :thumbs: :grin_nod: Iight!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum