Rear Axle / Front End Question for Ice racing

Started by Krandall, October 24, 2008, 09:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SULLY0556

Well, I took her down the road last night and the swing arm works good so far.  We'll see how she works on the ice.  :)   
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

SULLY0556

This is the "winter seat" I modified to keep my cracker-ass on the bike.  :)
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

SULLY0556

Rappy's good to go for the ice. :thumbs:  Tires look funky because of the skins to protect the Kold Kutters.

Finished studding my sons bike, it'll be his first year on the ice with a dirt bike.  ;)
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

With the swing arm shortened, I needed an adjustable suspension link that had a custom length so my buddy took my spare link and modified it.  It now has a link in the middle with left and right hand threads so I can raise or lower the ass end as needed to scale out.   I also have a set of race-car scales so I can accurately measure my weight on each tire or any combo needed.   :clap:
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

Well the new rear link is on tha the front is widened.  She's pretty low and I'll scale it out this week.  I had to grind a bit on the rear suspension twin-link for clearance with the shorter swing arm but she looks good.  :thumbs:
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

06 700R with:

SULLY0556

06 700R with:

Krandall

thick enough for a quad on there already?!!! DANG!!!!

Our local lake just froze over this weekend.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

SULLY0556

It was frozen over last weekend,  We're heading out Sunday to plow, We'll drill first to make sure we have at least 4".  It's been cold as crap here all week so we'll be good.  :)
06 700R with:

Peelz

4" of ice is all that is required?   Call me when it doubles that :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

SULLY0556

4" good for 1 ton
6" good for 2 tons
7" good for 3 tons
8" good for 4 tons

Army core of engineers.   :thumbs:
06 700R with:

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: SULLY0556 on December 09, 2009, 11:49:58 AM
4" good for 1 ton
6" good for 2 tons
7" good for 3 tons
8" good for 4 tons

Army core of engineers.   :thumbs:

well just paint me yellow then. :lol:

good info to know though
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

SULLY0556

I still let the bigger guys go out in front of me.  If the don't fall thru, then I'm good to go.  :thumbs:
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

Plenty of ice Sunday, 4-7" but the wind blew all the snow off the ice.  :'(  We got a little last night so maybe we can plow this week.  HArd to make a track with no snow for banks.  :(
06 700R with: