my new black barkers. (EDIT: some issues i need help with in the OP)

Started by Warren, October 22, 2008, 05:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

You guys forgot about the heat.  the pipes get hot as hell right by those springs.  That will burn anything you put on.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 10, 2008, 06:41:47 AM
You guys forgot about the heat.  the pipes get hot as hell right by those springs.  That will burn anything you put on.

+1 those springs get fookin hot.. That's why you have to replace them every one in a while. Get hot. stretch, cool down, get hot, stretch, cool down. Then they are loose and you have to replace them. I don't really think there's a good option.The only think would be maybe buy some exhaust wrap, cut it into stripts and build it up in layers between the pipe and spring to put outward tension on the spring so it doesn't vibrate. That's all I can think off.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

miguel pereira

geoman

I used to have that problem with the spring vibrating and making a bunch of noise on the outlander. Get some Hi temp RTV and fill the spring with that. Works very well.
2008 Raptor 700SEII

06 Outlander 800 Max XT

zx10r203

Quote from: geoman on November 12, 2008, 09:19:22 PM
I used to have that problem with the spring vibrating and making a bunch of noise on the outlander. Get some Hi temp RTV and fill the spring with that. Works very well.

+1 to that.  I did that to my uncles SV1000 street bike. :clap:

BLACK-LABEL

MY YOUSHIMURA SPRINGS ON MY SUZUKI HAVE A RUBBER BOOT AROUND THEM WISH MY BARKERS DID TOO