my new black barkers. (EDIT: some issues i need help with in the OP)

Started by Warren, October 22, 2008, 05:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

could anyone help me out with the issues i'm having. i posted them in the OP.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Buck

Quote from: warren on November 05, 2008, 04:48:18 PM
could anyone help me out with the issues i'm having. i posted them in the OP.

All I can say Warren is just loosen everything again (even the head pipes) and play around with the pipes a little to get a bit more clearance...If that doesnt work then it may be an issue with how the pipes are bent and how the heat shield is mounted. I would think even using templates and jigs to make the pipes the slightest variance could be possible to make a noticeable difference in how the pipe is routed near the frame.
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

Sand84

My shifter side pipe rubs the frame..  I'm going to mess with it this winter...
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Krandall

I know yours ryan are BB pipes? Warren, are yours the BB ones? ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Sand84

Quote from: Krandall on November 06, 2008, 07:53:20 AM
I know yours ryan are BB pipes? Warren, are yours the BB ones? ???

I'm almost postive that warrens pipes are standard barkers...
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

fastraptor

Quote from: warren on October 22, 2008, 05:31:31 PM
i got my new black powder coated barkers tonight.  :clap: i put them on but, i havn't started it up yet. i have to take off the left side tie back the wires and put some heat tape on them. and i have to change my map in my PC III but anyway here are the pics.

yes i know i should have cleaned my raptor before putting the new exhaust on.  :P

i think the one on the left is twisted down alittle bit. but like i said i have to take it back off anyway. i'll try to twist it around and get it back right when i put it back on.

what do you guys think. sorry the pics aren't all that great.

BIG thanks to Tim Barker. for putting up with my calling and questioning and everything. :thumbs: Thanks Man!!!!!

EDIT: ok here are my issues i need help with on my barkers.

1)  i noticed that at a certain RPM the right spring vibrates like crazy and rattles into the pipes. and the right spring vibrates alittle too. it's a pretty high RPM that it does it. i'm just wondering if maybe i could do anything about this?

2) the right side head pipe is really close to my frame. i'm just wondering if there is anyway to make it not so close. could i possibily loosen up the header mount and try to twist it or is this just where they sit?

here's a few pics of what i'm talking about.

3) my right side rear heat shield is rubbing the frame just infront of it. is there anything to do about this?

here's a pic of that.

could anyone help me out here?

Those look sweet!!! I would try to get the pipes off the frame and keep them from rubbing thru the aluminum frameAluminum is hard to weld .Can you adjust them away?
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

yellowisthefastest

Loosening them up all over and twisting them a little should allow you to get them to where they dont rub.  Even if they do rub just a little it is not a big deal as aluminum is soft and will wear down just enough so that it wont vibrate.  It wont rub so that you would have to weld it as the pipes are fixed mounted once they are tightened and only move as much as the vibration.  On the heat shields try turning them around possibly and swap them from one side to the other.  I know on mine the holes were off-set slightly so that it rubbed one direction but turned them around and they fit fine.  Anyway, just a couple things to try.

Warren

ok i will try to move the pipes around alittle bit.

can anyone give me any advice on the spring issue?

and yeah mine are standard pipes.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

They are gonna rattle... The only thing I can suggest is go to an auto parts store and purchase some new ones that are harder to pull more tension. That's what I had to do w/ my old ones.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Warren

Quote from: Krandall on November 06, 2008, 03:29:11 PM
They are gonna rattle... The only thing I can suggest is go to an auto parts store and purchase some new ones that are harder to pull more tension. That's what I had to do w/ my old ones.

ok i guess i will just deal with it then. i mean they only do it a certain rpm.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

Quote from: warren on November 07, 2008, 04:30:41 AM
Quote from: Krandall on November 06, 2008, 03:29:11 PM

ok i guess i will just deal with it then. i mean they only do it a certain rpm.

yeah...just slow down :lol:

chances are it might settle itself down. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

fastraptor

can you try to borrow a set from someone you know to see if it is a problem with a bend because im sure they would give you a new pipe? Also the guys with ltes duals would place a small dent in the pipe to gain clearance with very little effect on flow ?
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

r00st

To solve the spring vibration issue...just wrap the spring in Electrical tape (making a..sleeve of sorts) so that way when its taught and in place (against the pipe) the vibration will be deadened by the electrical tape. Of course electrical tape looks kind of crappy...but its parallel to the header pipe tube, so it will be hidden!

Mine vibrate too and they are off for powdercoating/painting (PC'ing the cans, and painting the headers both black). But I plan to electrical tape the springs when they go back on. Also, be sure to extend the tape past the static coil (un stretched) as obviously when you stretch it, it gets longer (so then would not be covered by the tape).

If you really wanted to get technical, or make it not so hillbilly, you could buy some material and some elastic cord, and make little "boots" or covers for the springs (kind of like a shock cover).

Last idea... we used to do this for RC car shocks... Take a large, long latex balloon and cut the ends off (one of the balloons that you would use for making balloon animals...that are only a few inches in diameter, but end up being like 1-2 feet long blown up) Stretch the balloon and slide it over the spring...VOILA!

Any/all will work, and the last two would help make it look better (not so crappy like the tape lol...but the tape is the easiest).
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Warren

tbarker suggested i should use srink wrap. i think that will look alittle bit better. lol
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

r00st

2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF