Poll: Seriously, who are you voting for???

Started by Gunz, October 09, 2008, 10:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

I am anti abortion yet I do not want to make it illigial.

And when it comes to my picks, I dig into the heart of the facts to make my decision.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 11:24:14 AM
I am anti abortion yet I do not want to make it illigial.

And when it comes to my picks, I dig into the heart of the facts to make my decision.

x2

Peelz

I think we should all be neutered somehow at birth or puberty (reversible of course) then you have to prove their ability to correctly raise a child.
...I hate thinking about that ugly A word.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

socalrappy700

The voting records are what kept me from voting for Obama, and some of his views from his early years.  But people can change and so can views.  I just hope thats the case this time.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 11:27:47 AM
The voting records are what kept me from voting for Obama, and some of his views from his early years.  But people can change and so can views.  I just hope thats the case this time.

That's what I'm counting on.  I liked McMaverick's views ten years ago.

Colorado700R

This does bother me some.  What doesn't work?  We got reams of real intercepts on video!  I understand that you must speak to your audience and all, but thats a little wishy washy for me.

Hopefully when he's elected he comes here and see's for himself, vice making accusations that aren't true.

http://nbc12.wordpress.com/2008/08/28/obama-and-missile-defense/

socalrappy700

I don't see too much of a problem.  Some of the change he wants that I'm against just plain costs too much.  And the last thing this country wants is to go deeper in debt.  
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 04, 2008, 10:54:17 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 10:40:15 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:19:54 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 10:18:51 AM
I agree, I don't think McCain has what it takes to spur the economy.

~Brian

Based on what?

1. Renegotiating mortgages for people. That's not going to happen. Your're not getting out of a written contract, regardless of your home value.

Agreed

2. Keeping taxes the same across the board. People in the middle class are your big spenders on goods. If they are paying higher taxes, they don't have the money to spend in stores.

Middle class takes the hit becuase they are over 80% of the total population, less than 1% of the US population makes over 250K a year, taxing them more won't overcome the huge government revenue loss.  And the government always seems to find a way to take the same amount or more out of our pockets regardless of the Political party in charge

3. Prolonging the war in Iraq with no timeline on withdrawing troops. That is just ridiculous. Bush Sr. got the job done and GTFO. There is no future for America in Iraq.

Diffrent war, diffrent time.  You don't compare WWII to Vietnam, nor should any other war be compared to this one.  It's a diffrent Animal.

4. Not reaching out to our foreign neighbors. MCcain is a hard headed hot head. He won't broker deals with Europe/Asia like Reagan to sell commodities, etc. and reduce our trade deficit.

Conjecture (No one knows shit till it happens), and by the look of things we'll never know anyway.

5. Won't get any help or input from Palin. Let's face it. Be honest. Would you send her out to speak in your behalf to broker a deal or for foreign relations? No. Same reason Bush doesn't send Cheney, he sends Condi because she's 100 x's more qualified.

And Dan Quayle or Walter Modale were any better ?

I could go on all day....

~Brian

I think we all need to understand that there is allot WE all do not.  We can read till we go blind and still not truly grasp the epic tasks this country faces.

I fully admit I have no clue as to what it takes to fix the economy, however  I do know that public confidence does encourage economic growth  :thumbs:  Unfortunately, in the past that confidence only spurred growth in the short term, I hope this will not be the case here.

Aaron

Getting back to the middle class...You said it yourself, 80% or greater are in this bracket. If the middle class suffers (and we are) then America suffers. Without those tax breaks, we will continue to fail, and the economy will fail. Taxing the rich isn't neccessarily the answer, but they have much better tax breaks than the middle and lower class. Sure the government looses revenue, but there are millions of dollars than can be recouped over funding useless programs (E can point out several) and funding a $10 billion dollar a month war that should have never taken place.

Comparing WWII to Vietnam = WWII was massive, and required HUGE support from many nations. Vietnam is like Iraq in many ways. One was about defeating communism, the other was one man's agenda. We didn't have global support in either war. The "Coalition of Iraq" this time around was a f*cking joke. Small countries 300 troops here, 500 troops there isn't support. It's "I don't want to get involved." Where is the coalition now? They've been gone for a long time. That's not support.

Dan Quayle, Walter Mondale......Sure, they were VP's. Quayle had 12 years in the house and Senate combined and couldn't spell worth shit. Mondale served 4 years in the Army, 4 years as Attorney General of the state of Minnesota, 12 years as ambassador of Japan, 12 years in the Senate, and 4 years as Vice President.

I'd say both were qualified, Mondale more so than Quayle, but Quayle had a genius as a running mate. Former CIA Director, Former Vice President, Former Ambassador of the UN, Former Liasion to China, plus was a member of the House.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 11:34:41 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on November 04, 2008, 10:54:17 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 10:40:15 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:19:54 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 10:18:51 AM
I agree, I don't think McCain has what it takes to spur the economy.

~Brian

Based on what?

1. Renegotiating mortgages for people. That's not going to happen. Your're not getting out of a written contract, regardless of your home value.

Agreed

2. Keeping taxes the same across the board. People in the middle class are your big spenders on goods. If they are paying higher taxes, they don't have the money to spend in stores.

Middle class takes the hit becuase they are over 80% of the total population, less than 1% of the US population makes over 250K a year, taxing them more won't overcome the huge government revenue loss.  And the government always seems to find a way to take the same amount or more out of our pockets regardless of the Political party in charge

3. Prolonging the war in Iraq with no timeline on withdrawing troops. That is just ridiculous. Bush Sr. got the job done and GTFO. There is no future for America in Iraq.

Diffrent war, diffrent time.  You don't compare WWII to Vietnam, nor should any other war be compared to this one.  It's a diffrent Animal.

4. Not reaching out to our foreign neighbors. MCcain is a hard headed hot head. He won't broker deals with Europe/Asia like Reagan to sell commodities, etc. and reduce our trade deficit.

Conjecture (No one knows shit till it happens), and by the look of things we'll never know anyway.

5. Won't get any help or input from Palin. Let's face it. Be honest. Would you send her out to speak in your behalf to broker a deal or for foreign relations? No. Same reason Bush doesn't send Cheney, he sends Condi because she's 100 x's more qualified.

And Dan Quayle or Walter Modale were any better ?

I could go on all day....

~Brian

I think we all need to understand that there is allot WE all do not.  We can read till we go blind and still not truly grasp the epic tasks this country faces.

I fully admit I have no clue as to what it takes to fix the economy, however  I do know that public confidence does encourage economic growth  :thumbs:  Unfortunately, in the past that confidence only spurred growth in the short term, I hope this will not be the case here.

Aaron

Getting back to the middle class...You said it yourself, 80% or greater are in this bracket. If the middle class suffers (and we are) then America suffers. Without those tax breaks, we will continue to fail, and the economy will fail. Taxing the rich isn't neccisarily the answer, but they have much better tax breaks than the middle and lower class. Sure the government looses revenue, but there are millions of dollars than can be recouped over funding useless programs (E can't point out several) and funding a $10 billion dollar a week war that should have never taken place.

Comparing WWII to Vietnam = WWII was a massive, and required HUGE support from many nations. Vietnam is like Iraq in many ways. One was about defeating communism, the other was one man's agenda. We didn't have global support in either war. The "Coalition of Iraq" this time around was a f*cking joke. Small countries 300 troops here, 500 troops there isn't support. It's "I don't want to get involved." Where is the coalition now? They've been gone for a long time. That's not support.

Dan Quayle, Walter Mondale......Sure, they were VP's. Quayle had 12 years in the house and Senate combined and couldn't spell worth shit. Mondale served 4 years in the Army, 4 years as Attorney General of the state of Minnesota, 12 years as ambassador of Japan, 12 years in the Senate, and 4 years as Vice President.

I'd say both were qualified, Mondale more so than Quayle, but Quayle had a genius as a running mate. Former CIA Director, Former Vice President, Former Ambassadoe of the UN, Former Liasion to China, plus was a member of the House.

~Brian

The middle class is always going to pay Brian, even if the higher classes pay more (Which they do), it can never adjust to the overwhelming amount of required revenue to run such a large Government that is supplied by you and me.  And the government can be shrunk, but then we will also lose programs that help people in need.

It's a double edged sword

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

That's why prok barrel spending will need to be slashed to states.

Getting millions of dollars to study migratory patterns of caribou in Alaska is not a high priority item (not actually a study, just using it as an example), and I would cut funding for such ridiculous crap.

On the subject of Alaska, Alaska is #1 in pork barrel spending, and Arizona is dead last. Hmmm. How did that happen?

Alaska recieved $346 million dollars vs. $119 million Arizona received. Oh, and Arizona is the second fastest growing state in the union.

Could be because Alaska hired a lobbyist when Palin became governor.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 11:46:34 AM

Getting millions of dollars to study migratory patterns of caribou in Alaska is not a high priority item (not actually a study, just using it as an example), and I would cut funding for such ridiculous crap.

On the subject of Alaska, Alaska is #1 in pork barrel spending, and Arizona is dead last. Hmmm. How did that happen?

Alaska recieved $346 million dollars vs. $119 million Arizona received. Oh, and Arizona is the second fastest growing state in the union.

~Brian

That's because I live in Arizona which, by default, makes it awesome.   :thumbs:

Gunz

Ummm, no. Its because Az is not a pork state like Alaska. Just like Az is more of a  agriculture state then Alaska.

Are you sure Az is the 2nd fastest growing state in the Union?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 11:46:34 AM

~Brian

Big area for environmental spending.  Take a look at who is sending the money. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Gunz

Wow your actually right.

1.Nevada
2.Arizona
3.Utah
4.Idaho
5.Georgia

http://geography.about.com/b/2007/12/30/nevada-returns-to-fastest-growing-state-status.htm

Californians are silly, why would they go to Georgia. :P

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar