Poll: Seriously, who are you voting for???

Started by Gunz, October 09, 2008, 10:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:31:10 AM
Still like him.  Read his book someday.

I'll put that on the list.  I'm still going through his testimony before the House though...

socalrappy700

My dad was talking about that.  I just don't have the time right now.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:19:54 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 10:18:51 AM
I agree, I don't think McCain has what it takes to spur the economy.

~Brian

Based on what?

1. Renegotiating mortgages for people. That's not going to happen. Your're not getting out of a written contract, regardless of your home value.

2. Keeping taxes the same across the board. People in the middle class are your big spenders on goods. If they are paying higher taxes, they don't have the money to spend in stores.

3. Prolonging the war in Iraq with no timeline on withdrawing troops. That is just ridiculous. Bush Sr. got the job done and GTFO. There is no future for America in Iraq.

4. Not reaching out to our foreign neighbors. MCcain is a hard headed hot head. He won't broker deals with Europe/Asia like Reagan to sell commodities, etc. and reduce our trade deficit.

5. Won't get any help or input from Palin. Let's face it. Be honest. Would you send her out to speak in your behalf to broker a deal or for foreign relations? No. Same reason Bush doesn't send Cheney, he sends Condi because she's 100 x's more qualified.

I could go on all day....

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 10:40:15 AM

~Brian

Based on what?

1. Renegotiating mortgages for people. That's not going to happen. Your're not getting out of a written contract, regardless of your home value.

2. Keeping taxes the same across the board. People in the middle class are your big spenders on goods. If they are paying higher taxes, they don't have the money to spend in stores.

3. Prolonging the war in Iraq with no timeline on withdrawing troops. That is just ridiculous. Bush Sr. got the job done and GTFO. There is no future for America in Iraq.

4. Not reaching out to our foreign neighbors. MCcain is a hard headed hot head. He won't broker deals with Europe/Asia like Reagan to sell commodities, etc. and reduce our trade deficit.

5. Won't get any help or input from Palin. Let's face it. Be honest. Would you send her out to speak in your behalf to broker a deal or for foreign relations? No. Same reason Bush doesn't send Cheney, he sends Condi because she's 100 x's more qualified.

~Brian

Preach it brother Brian!   :lol:

socalrappy700

I'll respond to that later, I don't have the time to break that down for you.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:43:24 AM
I'll respond to that later, I don't have the time to break that down for you.

Break off somethin' proper like. 

socalrappy700

Just a lot to explain and to get my research together.  The man is holding me down today.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:50:14 AM
Just a lot to explain and to get my research together.  The man is holding me down today.

I expect nothing less from you big guy.   :thumbs:

Colorado700R

~Brian

Based on what?

Agreed

Middle class takes the hit becuase they are over 80% of the total population, less than 1% of the US population makes over 250K a year, taxing them more won't overcome the huge government revenue loss.  And the government always seems to find a way to take the same amount or more out of our pockets regardless of the Political party in charge

Diffrent war, diffrent time.  You don't compare WWII to Vietnam, nor should any other war be compared to this one.  It's a diffrent Animal.

Conjecture (No one knows shit till it happens), and by the look of things we'll never know anyway.

And Dan Quayle or Walter Modale were any better ?

~Brian

I think we all need to understand that there is allot WE all do not.  We can read till we go blind and still not truly grasp the epic tasks this country faces.

I fully admit I have no clue as to what it takes to fix the economy, however  I do know that public confidence does encourage economic growth  :thumbs:  Unfortunately, in the past that confidence only spurred growth in the short term, I hope this will not be the case here.

Aaron

Peelz

~Brian

Based on what?

~Brian

#5 was that straw that broke the camel's back for me. I was still leaning their way until Palin strolled into town with her horrible fargo-esque accent, mooseskin jacket, and terrible speaking/debating skills. Oh and the "drill baby drill" thing sealed the deal WTF! I am sorry, speaking and intelligence is important to me (more so sometimes than policy). Grammar ninja has standards. :lol:  Bush didn't have it, neither does McCain, I do like him, but he does not do enough for me to convince me that he's is smarter than anybody else. :rolleyes: I know they are bull$hitting me, but I like seeing that they at least know the facts on what they are b.s.ing us on. Bush was straight up full of it. You can tell he has no clue what he is saying when he speaks.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Peels660 on November 04, 2008, 11:00:53 AM

~Brian

Based on what?

~Brian

#5 was that straw that broke the camel's back for me. I was still leaning their way until Palin strolled into town with her horrible fargo-esque accent, mooseskin jacket, and terrible speaking/debating skills. Oh and the "drill baby drill" thing sealed the deal WTF! I am sorry, speaking and intelligence is important to me (more so sometimes than policy). Grammar ninja has standards. :lol:  Bush didn't have it, neither does McCain, I do like him, but he does not do enough for me to convince me that he's is smarter than anybody else. :rolleyes: I know they are bull$hitting me, but I like seeing that they at least know the facts on what they are b.s.ing us on. Bush was straight up full of it. You can tell he has no clue what he is saying when he speaks.

I knew I liked you Peels.   :thumbs:   That was well said.  Nicely done sir. 

Flynbyu

It's one thing to be conservative, but conservative voters have been duped for for the last two elections. They've been sold by a salesman, nothing more.

In my opinion, people need to check their beliefs at the door and aside and do what is best for their family and country. They need to be realistic in their thinking. Here in the south, all you hear are people bitching about liberals and Roe vs. Wade. What these people don't realize is there isn't a president that will get Roe Vs. Wade overturned (Like Bush sold to these conservative idiots that voted for him last time). The decision stands, and has for 35 f*cking years. I personally do not support abortion (only in cases of rape, incest, or endangering the life of the mother), but I'm wise enough to realize, it's the law of the land. Get over it. I have a very negative view on people that vote based on their beliefs. It makes no difference on the candidate's orientation, religion, or party affiliation. What matters most is will they support and defend the constitution and can they help me and so many others like me prosper.

I simply won't get sucked into voting for someone that preaches to voters, begs for support in getting elected, while lining the pockets of the rich and turning a blind eye to the people that put them into office. It is in my opinion the vast majority (Not all, but a large majority) of the Republican party has been doing this for the last eight years, while turning a blind eye to America suffering. Sure there are democrats that aren't much better, but that's why you can look at voting records and determine who's full of shit and who's not.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 11:13:13 AM
It's one thing to be conservative, but conservative voters have been duped for for the last two elections. They've been sold by a salesman, nothing more.

In my opinion, people need to check their beliefs at the door and aside and do what is best for their family and country. They need to be realistic in their thinking. Here in the south, all you hear are people bitching about liberals and Roe vs. Wade. What these people don't realize is there isn't a president that will get Roe Vs. Wade overturned (Like Bush sold to these conservative idiots that voted for him last time). The decision stands, and has for 35 f*cking years. I personally do not support abortion (only in cases of rape, incest, or indangering the life of the mother), but I'm wise enough to realize, it's the law of the land. Get over it. I have a very negative view on people that vote based on their beliefs. It makes no difference on the candidate's orientation, religion, or party affiliation. What matters most is will the support and defend the constitution and can they help me and so many others like me prosper.

I simply won't get sucked into voting for someone that preaches to voters, begs for support in getting elected, while lining the pockets of the rich and turning a blind eye to the people that put them into office. It is in my opinion the vast majority (Not all, but a large majority) of the Republican party has been doing this for the last eight years, while turning a blind eye to America suffering. Sure there are democrats that aren't much better, but that's why you can look at voting records and determine who's full of shit and who's not.

~Brian

In the words of Bill Clinton, abortion should be legal, safe, and rare.   :thumbs: