My Golf Cart build.

Started by EVL LS1, October 04, 2008, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busby

there is a couple of cheap airbox's on ebay at the moment
www.zazzle.com/busbyeie "Funky Shirts"

EVL LS1

there's not a starter on this motor.. it's pull start. so battery doesn't affect it at all.

the air box..found a guy on RF that's sending me one for shipping only   :clap:

dick-84

EVL LS1

found this info on the oil/fuel ratio:

We'll start with the engine spec's. 71 T'nT 440 Model 435 Rotax engine Axial fan cooled with a Tillotson HD carb. The actual displacement is 437cc. Ignition is type ET, the point gap is 0.014-0.018. with timing advanced. Set at BTDC 0.110-0.113. Original spark plug that was used was Bosch W280T1 set at 0.020. the oil mix is 50:1 if you use the Bombardier concentrated oil. Otherwise mix according to oil manufacturers directions. Usually 40:1 when using full synthetic oil and 30:1 using Dino oil.

what was done today when i got home....   removed gas tank.... drained gas because i have no idea what mix ratio it was before.... i'll use this with the weedeater lol.

cleaned the area the tank sat in... went to ace hardware and autozone to get bolts, screws, some aluminum L framing, cutoff wheel, and some various little things...

came home did some more frame painting to stop rust....

screwed in the aluminum L pieces for the new "hood" over the engine.... got the stock piece mounted towards the rear of the engine.. now i have to get some metal to fill in the top part... MAYYYY make a scoop for the ram air look   LOL...

i've got the raptor 700 lower air box coming now....   also a 90* bend rubber elbow so i can avoid the spring.

still not sure on paint yet... i want to do blue with white tears all throughout it... but not 100%... i'd like to do all black with the blue/emerald spectra f/x too....   

throttle cable and muffler were shipped out today...

picked up some more rubberized spray to touch up the roof's top some.

got the LED amber strobe light wired up ready to install once it's back together.

about to email my buddy to see what the status is on the wheelie bars

Livingmylife93

Is it really going to do wheelies?

EVL LS1

yep should be a a wheelie machine lol

Livingmylife93

Busby

If your gonna have it as a wheelie machine then you should make it rear wheel steering so you can steer them  :rofl:

EVL LS1

lol i'll snap somemore.

the guy designing the wheelie bar gave me an idea... i'm going to go with a single wheel probably.... have it so i can unbolt the wheel and stick a thick piece of metal....

SPARK TIME lol

dick-84

That will be some funny shit.

Drag that shit!  :lol:

Busby

:clap: :rofl: Sparks lol now that I got to see on a vid, always liked it when the guys used to put them on thier boots and they would spark up when leaning hard into a corner  :lol:

EVL LS1

muffler and throttle cable came in today. whoot

Busby

Quote from: EVL LS1 on October 08, 2008, 06:38:23 PM
muffler and throttle cable came in today. whoot
:clap: cool ... what else you got to do to it before you can give it a test run ?

EVL LS1

well the damn throttle cable isn't going to work i wish they had better pics of the crap online before u order it.. so ordered one i could see better last night. going to return this one.

i've got to cut a piece off the muffler so i can get it welded on. get the throttle cable on there... install the gas tank and it should be ready to fire up after that.

then i'm going to lay paint, put the roof back on.. then be in business

Warren

so about your wheelie bar. lol. i sent you a PM on here about it. let me know.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB