My Golf Cart build.

Started by EVL LS1, October 04, 2008, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exentix

that throttle cable looks like the brake cable off my bike  :lol: idk what you mean by the ball and socket deal, ive never seen one idt?      once again, pics would be helpful lol  :lol:

at least you got the dog instead of letting her keep it, who knows what could have happened... i miss my old alaskan malamute, she was the best dog ever  :(

Busby

well from what I can see and how you are explaining it to me that looks like the same type as what your cart has already and if it is long enough then yea it should work.
I just thought of something else that might work too, on some of the cheap moped's here in the UK they have like a joining / adustment piece it is a metal tube with 2 screws in it, all it does is slips both the cables into the sleeve then do up the 2 screws and it makes the cable work as one.

People that can't look after dog's like that shouldn't be allowed to own them so it is a good thing you got it now.
When I am settled in CT me and the lil lady are going to get one, she used to have one before but when she moved she had to give the dog away as she wasn't allowed to have it at the new apartment that she was renting (Step farther being an ass) so I am going to train it to bite him lmao.
www.zazzle.com/busbyeie "Funky Shirts"

EVL LS1

yeah the throttle cable on this sucker basically looks like a brake cable lol

i thought about the metal piece to join the cable to make it longer just couldn't find anything like that. u know a site or somewhere to get one?  all i like is 2 inches

Busby

let me have a look and see what I can find for you be back in a bit.

EVL LS1

i found this little shyt on ebay  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THROTTLE-CABLE-EXTENSION-KIT-Dune-Buggy-VW-bug_W0QQitemZ190254287763QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

not sure how that works though.. u'd think there'd be two allen screw at either end of a 2inch tube like you described. i can def. do that towards the ball/socket deal of the cable if we can find one

EVL LS1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNI-LINK-CABLE-END-Dune-Buggy-VW-bug_W0QQitemZ190254293886QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

this may work?? dont know though... this will raise it 2 inches.. but i'll still have the damn same length basically... doens't matter how high i go up from the carb.

the throttle cable has to go on the backside of the carb so it has to go up... then towards the front.  still need something where i can tie into the front end of the cable.

Busby

yea it is similar to that it is also used in electrical I found one but you have to ignore the outter plastic casing on it
http://www.camec.com.au/images/3055-105.jpg
Only thing is I can't find the same thing anywhere in the US maybe you call them something else there so.

If you had the paitents and time I dont think it would take you long to make one all you would have to do is drill 2 holes into a small metal tube then thread tap them and put 2 screws in. failing that try knoting the wires together.  :rofl:

Warren

thats badass. can't wait to see the finished product.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

EVL LS1

i bought a motorcycle cable last night on ebay. should be a simple fix... i'm going to remove that ball socket. it's just a ball with threaded end and a nut on there... i'll remove that so there's a hole... then dremel a small cut TO the hole... so the line will feed in and the  cylinder end of the new cable will lock into place. not a big fix though. and the cable was $10 =) so not shabby  - i appreciate the help finding that part though

Busby

more then welcome bro was glad to help out  :thumbs: just remember to get a video of it when you have it finished I got to hear & see it running.  :clap:

EVL LS1

no doubt. i'll get a video of the siren in a few.

the wheelier bar is being designed right now by a friend. i did some sketches and suggestions to make it adjustable maybe... just so i don't flip and so i can ride a wheelie down the road lol

now i need a raptor lower air box.  anyone have one laying around? iv'e got a lid already. 

btw this carb is the diaphram type so no worries about the tilt of the motor  for those wandering  :clap:

Busby

wheeling golf cart  :lol: that i cant wait to see  :thumbs:

exentix

EVL LS1

exentix