My Golf Cart build.

Started by EVL LS1, October 04, 2008, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVL LS1

base... 1984 EZ HO 2 stroke...

stock had 2 stroke 244cc 9hp

added 1998 trans am springs to the rear, 5 inches lift, started body work, repainting everything... removed about everything.... chrome hubs... here's pics so far as it comes along.

here it is stock as i got it:

removed the camo tape BS... sanded it down... started body work:

added 5 inches lift to it:

2 stroke 440 rotax with comet clutch came in...

barely enough room....

after some cutting... framing... got her in there today

i think i'm going to make this expanded muffler work for it

time to start plumbing it and all... then wheelier bars and paint... put back together...

they're street legal here too =)

the stock motor was 9hp... this one is 40 with stock exhaust.

exentix

EVL LS1

lol i wish i had a tube bender... it was freakin' hell piecing that engine frame together i have temp bolts holding the motor down now.. but just went to ace and got grade 8 bolts, washers, lock nuts for it.   now i have to route the damn throttle cable to gain 2 inches more so it'll reach.... plumb it to the gas tank.... then should be able to enjoy it for awhile before paint and wheelie bars go on

exentix

that is gonna look sweet with custom painting and a wheelie bar  :rofl:

EVL LS1

o btw the prodesign air filter setup works on this motor  :clap: :clap:  so gotta build a box for it so the tire doesnt' coat the filter with dirt..

i do have a stock dodge neon intake setup i may can use too... hmmm anyone got a stock raptor airbox they want to donate? i have a stock lid.. just need the bottom part

EVL LS1

damn here's a badass cart.... a guy from buggiesgonewild    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=xEsSeQagrow

Flynbyu

Beaner is going to be excited!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Busby

The cart looks like it is going to be a blast to ride can't wait to see it finished, nice dog btw.  :thumbs:
www.zazzle.com/busbyeie "Funky Shirts"

exentix

good eye busby i didnt even see the pooch  :lol: makes me miss my old puppy  :'(

EVL LS1

lol thanks guys. well i got the gas plumbed... overflow tube plumbed. the damn throttle cable is 2 inches too short.... wander where i can get one like this but longer... or an extension somehow??

also got the siren mounted... lol... i'm mounting a house alarm siren on it.... EXTREMELY loud.

exentix

wheres the pics evlls?!  :mad: lol we wanna see progress! just messin man  :lol:

EVL LS1

lol  too dark now for pics.  who's got a spare raptor air box (lower box) they want to donate to the build lol

Busby

wow Elv you planning on deafening the people that are in your way... without seeing the cable but only suggesting that you might try somewhere that would sell cycle cables if the end which hooks in is the same as you might be able to buy a long length, I know here in the UK you can buy a kit so you can make your own length, other then that I don't really know what to suggest.

Is the dog a Siberian husky ?
www.zazzle.com/busbyeie "Funky Shirts"

exentix

not me  :( and devan just chopped the crap outta his

EVL LS1

i'm looking at this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180294391952

u think it'll work? can't really see the damn end of it... the one on my cart now is like a ball and socket deal... the solder piece has an indention... it fits to the ball part and a plastic sleeve locks it in place.

i can make something work long as it's the right damn length though.   i found some extensions for throttle cables but not sure how the hell that works... and they're like $30 +

yeh my dog's a siberian husky   i rescued him from some fine ho in atlanta. she said she didn't have time for him anymore