Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume VII

Started by Flynbyu, July 09, 2008, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 21, 2008, 10:04:39 AM
Quote from: Krandall on July 21, 2008, 09:59:09 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 21, 2008, 09:54:52 AM
Quote from: Krandall on July 21, 2008, 09:50:58 AM
Couple issues for me with the iphone. I love it, I think it looks sexy BUT..

Battery is not replaceable.
and no freaking MMS messages.. (No picture messaging!!!! WTF)

and kind of disapointed to see a 2MP camera still. Samsung is going to be coming out w/ an 8MP camera attached to their phone this year!

I never found a need to replace a battery.  And I TOTALLY agree about the MMS.  I can't understand why they did that.  But I'm sure it will be a program fix one of these days.  And I see a better camera in its future.  Thing does a ton of stuff already, I'm sure space is an issue.  

Yeah, I know battery's aren't needed to be replaced often, but my ipod previous to my 5th gen lasted me 2 years. Granted 2 years is a long time... At least I could replace it myself. To make it non replaceable seems crazy.
I agree space I'm sure is an issue for the camera but still.. how long did it take for the 2nd gen iphone to come out.? 2 years? there's going to be more phones coming out I'm sure along with samsung w/ higher res cameras and apple is going to be playing catch up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the iphone just come out last spring?  The iphone will never really be playing catch up.  Yes, there are phones that have better cameras out there but the iphone holds the market share by a huge number.  I see apple making big changes to the iphone every year. 

And I'm not sure what happened to your ipod battery.  I still have my old 3rd gen and Jenee' was still using it up until last year when I got her a nano. 
I'm not sure whn the original iphone was released  ???
I'll disagree with the iphone holding the market for the following reasons:

1: Still Expensive
2: Data plan rates are stupid expensive
3: They need to open them up to other carriers.

Lydia's 3rd Gen and my 4th gen Ipods both have had the batteries replaced. maybe it's because mine is used daily? I have it hooked up in my car, and it goes to work wth me. Then back in the car. and home where I have it on a docking station playing music.

I'd say.. no lies I probably use mine a solid 35-40 hours a week.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on July 21, 2008, 10:21:22 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 21, 2008, 10:04:39 AM
Quote from: Krandall on July 21, 2008, 09:59:09 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 21, 2008, 09:54:52 AM
Quote from: Krandall on July 21, 2008, 09:50:58 AM
Couple issues for me with the iphone. I love it, I think it looks sexy BUT..

Battery is not replaceable.
and no freaking MMS messages.. (No picture messaging!!!! WTF)

and kind of disapointed to see a 2MP camera still. Samsung is going to be coming out w/ an 8MP camera attached to their phone this year!

I never found a need to replace a battery.  And I TOTALLY agree about the MMS.  I can't understand why they did that.  But I'm sure it will be a program fix one of these days.  And I see a better camera in its future.  Thing does a ton of stuff already, I'm sure space is an issue.  

Yeah, I know battery's aren't needed to be replaced often, but my ipod previous to my 5th gen lasted me 2 years. Granted 2 years is a long time... At least I could replace it myself. To make it non replaceable seems crazy.
I agree space I'm sure is an issue for the camera but still.. how long did it take for the 2nd gen iphone to come out.? 2 years? there's going to be more phones coming out I'm sure along with samsung w/ higher res cameras and apple is going to be playing catch up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the iphone just come out last spring?  The iphone will never really be playing catch up.  Yes, there are phones that have better cameras out there but the iphone holds the market share by a huge number.  I see apple making big changes to the iphone every year. 

And I'm not sure what happened to your ipod battery.  I still have my old 3rd gen and Jenee' was still using it up until last year when I got her a nano. 
I'm not sure whn the original iphone was released  ???
I'll disagree with the iphone holding the market for the following reasons:

1: Still Expensive
2: Data plan rates are stupid expensive
3: They need to open them up to other carriers.

Lydia's 3rd Gen and my 4th gen Ipods both have had the batteries replaced. maybe it's because mine is used daily? I have it hooked up in my car, and it goes to work wth me. Then back in the car. and home where I have it on a docking station playing music.

I'd say.. no lies I probably use mine a solid 35-40 hours a week.

They hold the market share....by the numbers.  They are the top phone in that type right now.  They sold over a million the first weekend it was out.  The data plan is 20 bucks a month for unlimited data.  They just dropped the price.....not bad at all IMO.  And I agree about the other carriers.  I'm not a fan of at&t since I've been with them.

And I use the crap out of my ipods.  I listen to it on the way to work....about an hour.  And I have mine going at work all day, and then on the train ride home.  I plug it in at night when I plug in my phone.

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: Flynbyu on July 21, 2008, 10:22:51 AM
So you have an I-Phone Randy?

~Brian

No, I've been looking into getting an "Unlocked" one so I can use it with t-mobile.
AT&T still doesn't have great service up near my parents house. If they did, I'd have jumped on board.  :)

I checked out AT&T's site. Unless that's some promotional price it's $20 for 5MB of data. Then if you want unlimited texting that's an additional $20.. NOT including the voice plan.. That's outrageous!

I'll agree to disagree. Maybe on the AT&T network they hold the shares. but All-Tel, T-mobile, and Sprint. 3 HUGE companies all in which the iphone isn't allowed they don't hold squat.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

Glad to hear the unlimited data plan is only 15-20 bucks.

The phone was $199 since she's elgible for the upgrade. With tax it was $217 and change. I thought about treating myself too, but I just don't use my phone that much.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

AT&T has shitty service here. If other providers pick it up, I would consider it. SPrint to be exact.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Quote from: Peels660 on July 21, 2008, 10:38:26 AM
AT&T has shitty service here. If other providers pick it up, I would consider it. SPrint to be exact.

I don't think they'll be going to Spring anytime soon as that'd mean they'd have to re-design the iphone as it takes a SIM card.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

socalrappy700

Its a special iphone rate.  I checked into it at the store.  when I was thinking about getting it.  Its 20 bucks on top of the monthly voice plan.  For me my voice plan comes with unlimited text so I'm good there.  And the aditional 20 bucks was worth it to me since I have to look at what I'm getting for that 20 bucks.  Having the web and a mapping gps at my finger tips is worth it IMO.

And I wasn't talking about the phone carrier market share.  I was talking about the phone.  The iphone holds the marketshare firmly in that type of phone.  No other phone on all networks has as many sales as the iphone does.  And at 199 for 8gig and 299 for 16 gig is a deal IMO.  Think about it, you are getting a touch ipod with a built in phone for only 299, thats a deal!  I just wish they would do something so you can use it with verizon, so far I'm not a huge fan of att.  But what sucks is when you get an unlocked iphone and it does it scheduled update it relocks.  Apple is smart that way.  
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on July 21, 2008, 10:41:48 AM
Quote from: Peels660 on July 21, 2008, 10:38:26 AM

I don't think they'll be going to Spring anytime soon as that'd mean they'd have to re-design the iphone as it takes a SIM card.

I know, oh well. We were thinking about Samsungs Iphone copycat-not bad. Touch screen.
No wifi tho?  Mor companies will jump on board with wifi in their phones, just a matter of time. But...Apple is pretty good at pushing the envelope.

Flynbyu

I had Cingular before, and of course ATT merged with them. Down here, that's the best way to go. Alltel sucks here. I've never dropped a call unless it's been someone on another network.

With the I-Phone, I hear you don't need a Multimedia package on your phone service, just the unlimited internet.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on July 21, 2008, 10:46:31 AM

With the I-Phone, I hear you don't need a Multimedia package on your phone service, just the unlimited internet.

That is correct.  They have a special plan for the iphone.  Your voice package carries the text plan.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

I hear ya on the Market thing.. Kinda like how The Dark Knight had the market this weekend! Box Office opening Night Record! and Overall Weekend Record! :clap:

OOH, that's another thing w/ the GPS on the iphone. I got to play around with my buddies. It's not even real GPS... :(
It's move of a way point giving "rough-guestimated" location on a google-map. It's cool, but hopefully sometime soon they'll join up w/ TomTom or Garmin to get some real coordinates!

I agree it's a great phone. Even if it sounds like I'm bashing it. If Tmobile had it. I'd have it. There's just some things about it that are way over hyped.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 21, 2008, 10:47:55 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on July 21, 2008, 10:46:31 AM

That is correct.  They have a special plan for the iphone.  Your voice package carries the text plan.

$70 is the basic plan.....450 anytime, 5000 night and weekend minutes.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

all gps phones are that way, sucks that they are not as close as a tomtom.  
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum