Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume VII

Started by Flynbyu, July 09, 2008, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Tell me about it.

I bought my wife's anniversary present yesterday....a new I-Phone.

I'm scared since it's a MAC product. It will be here in 7-10 days.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on July 21, 2008, 09:46:44 AM
Tell me about it.

~Brian

Its the beginning of the end for you.  I remember when I was talking like that just before I got my first ipod. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Couple issues for me with the iphone. I love it, I think it looks sexy BUT..

Battery is not replaceable.
and no freaking MMS messages.. (No picture messaging!!!! WTF)

and kind of disapointed to see a 2MP camera still. Samsung is going to be coming out w/ an 8MP camera attached to their phone this year!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Tell me about it.

~Brian

Iphones a cool, but it's to fancy for me.  I like my Razr.  All I ever really mess with is the ringtones. 

Brian's= the "over-under-done" skit from Airplane

Randy's= the "PC load letter" skit from Office space

Erich= a Chewbacca howl

:lol:

Krandall

"PC LOAD LETTER... WHAT THE FERK DOES THAT MEAN?"     :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on July 21, 2008, 09:50:58 AM

and kind of disapointed to see a 2MP camera still. Samsung is going to be coming out w/ an 8MP camera attached to their phone this year!

I never found a need to replace a battery.  And I TOTALLY agree about the MMS.  I can't understand why they did that.  But I'm sure it will be a program fix one of these days.  And I see a better camera in its future.  Thing does a ton of stuff already, I'm sure space is an issue.  
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 21, 2008, 09:52:06 AM
Tell me about it.

~Brian

Iphones a cool, but it's to fancy for me.  I like my Razr.  All I ever really mess with is the ringtones. 

Brian's= the "over-under-done" skit from Airplane

Randy's= the "PC load letter" skit from Office space

Erich= a Chewbacca howl

One of the guys I work with has a special ringer on my phone....."I like me beer cold, my TV loud, and my HOMOSEXUALS FLAMMMMMIN!" -Homer Simpson

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 21, 2008, 09:54:52 AM

I never found a need to replace a battery.  And I TOTALLY agree about the MMS.  I can't understand why they did that.  But I'm sure it will be a program fix one of these days.  And I see a better camera in its future.  Thing does a ton of stuff already, I'm sure space is an issue.  

Yeah, I know battery's aren't needed to be replaced often, but my ipod previous to my 5th gen lasted me 2 years. Granted 2 years is a long time... At least I could replace it myself. To make it non replaceable seems crazy.
I agree space I'm sure is an issue for the camera but still.. how long did it take for the 2nd gen iphone to come out.? 2 years? there's going to be more phones coming out I'm sure along with samsung w/ higher res cameras and apple is going to be playing catch up.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Colorado700R

Kenny's = George Jones- HI-TECH Redneck

Flynbyu

I didn't realize that about the batteries.

Not cool.

I will be sure to make my wife let it run almost all the way down before charging it.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on July 21, 2008, 09:59:09 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 21, 2008, 09:54:52 AM

Yeah, I know battery's aren't needed to be replaced often, but my ipod previous to my 5th gen lasted me 2 years. Granted 2 years is a long time... At least I could replace it myself. To make it non replaceable seems crazy.
I agree space I'm sure is an issue for the camera but still.. how long did it take for the 2nd gen iphone to come out.? 2 years? there's going to be more phones coming out I'm sure along with samsung w/ higher res cameras and apple is going to be playing catch up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the iphone just come out last spring?  The iphone will never really be playing catch up.  Yes, there are phones that have better cameras out there but the iphone holds the market share by a huge number.  I see apple making big changes to the iphone every year. 

And I'm not sure what happened to your ipod battery.  I still have my old 3rd gen and Jenee' was still using it up until last year when I got her a nano. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on July 21, 2008, 10:01:21 AM
I didn't realize that about the batteries.

Not cool.

I will be sure to make my wife let it run almost all the way down before charging it.

~Brian

That could be a fluke thing, I'm on my 4th ipod and I've never had a problem with any of them.  My current one is almost 3 years old and still going strong.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Flynbyu

I have a 1 gig Sony Walkman that's the size of a small pack of gum.

1 minute of charge = 1 hour of play. It will hold a 30 hour charge. I've had it for two years and I've had no issues. Our phones now are Sony W600's. We've owned them for two years and haven't had any issues. I may sell hers to a guy I work with. There are a couple of phones out on Ebay now for $50 used to $135 still in the box.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

morning folks.

We have two ipods. The big 30g-still only 1/3 full. and a 4g nano. The 30 has had a few issues with locking up. The 4, I found in a puddle in the ice last February. It is still kicking. Not bad. :thumbs:

My sis and here husband have the Iphones and love them. They won't shut up about them (kinda like me and Raptors) They always have them out at dinner or wherever-hopnestly, I wanna smack them. They are neat little devices though they always seem to need charged whenever they are around.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"