Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume VI

Started by Flynbyu, June 26, 2008, 08:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Quote from: who else but rk on July 07, 2008, 11:37:19 AM
cause it aint built in. i need a wireless reciver. any help on the camera thing randaay?

Negative.

So I'm assuming you have the cord that goes from the cam to the PC via USB?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Mad Dog

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 07, 2008, 11:18:32 AM
Quote from: Krandall on July 07, 2008, 11:08:25 AM
Quote from: Mad Dog on July 07, 2008, 10:47:43 AM
Quote from: Krandall on July 07, 2008, 10:42:03 AM
Quote from: Mad Dog on July 07, 2008, 10:37:56 AM
Quote from: who else but rk on July 07, 2008, 10:29:10 AM
wh othe hell needs a 1000 seriosly? i think there rediculous. the 800s are too

so im going riding today
in 75% humidity  :'(

Not a surprising opinion from someone who went from a 200 to a 700 and back to a 250. ;)

I'd love another 20hp on the prairie, and I'd want even more if I got bigger tires.  Belt drives, big tires, heavy chassis and bolt on equipment mean it takes a lot more hp (and often displacement) to get comparable performance.  My father's 700 twin is somewhere in between bolt on blasters and bone stock 400cc four strokes when comparing in a straight line.

But even the guys running the serious mud runs, running 26-32" tires. They don't seem to need the 1000cc's.. Unless they are just uncommon at this point. (i.e: Team Gorilla)

They aren't running stock motors, they're bored and sometimes stroked out motors making anywhere from 60-90 hp depending on the application and the machine.  

Good call.

But honestly, 1000 doesn't seem crazy to you?

I guess I can see it good for the not avg person. but...

I'm sure some would say the same about the raptor 700....

Agreed, it all depends on what you want from the machine.  There are some that could argue a need for a 950cc engine (those who use them for work) but most buyers don't.  A 400cc class utility does 95% of the recreational duties that a big bore can do, just as a 400cc sport atv can do 95% of the riding the raptor 700 can do.  We have pickup trucks in this country with 350+hp and 500+lbft of torque but those who purchase them rarely have a need for them.  I can't begin to count the number of super duty fords and heavy duty dodges and chevys (diesels especially) that seem to go through life without ever hauling anything a midsize truck couldn't manage.

Excess is the basis of the consumer culture and we lap it up.  I don't think the 950 is any crazier than the 800 was, or any crazier than the 650 and 660's were 8-9 years ago.

FoundArealQuad

Good post, and that's why as a nation we are getting beat down from oil cost right now. We consume to much, and now we are finally paying for it.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Colorado700R

Quote from: Mad Dog on July 07, 2008, 12:06:17 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on July 07, 2008, 11:18:32 AM
Quote from: Krandall on July 07, 2008, 11:08:25 AM
Quote from: Mad Dog on July 07, 2008, 10:47:43 AM
Quote from: Krandall on July 07, 2008, 10:42:03 AM
Quote from: Mad Dog on July 07, 2008, 10:37:56 AM
Quote from: who else but rk on July 07, 2008, 10:29:10 AM
wh othe hell needs a 1000 seriosly? i think there rediculous. the 800s are too

so im going riding today
in 75% humidity  :'(

Not a surprising opinion from someone who went from a 200 to a 700 and back to a 250. ;)

I'd love another 20hp on the prairie, and I'd want even more if I got bigger tires.  Belt drives, big tires, heavy chassis and bolt on equipment mean it takes a lot more hp (and often displacement) to get comparable performance.  My father's 700 twin is somewhere in between bolt on blasters and bone stock 400cc four strokes when comparing in a straight line.

But even the guys running the serious mud runs, running 26-32" tires. They don't seem to need the 1000cc's.. Unless they are just uncommon at this point. (i.e: Team Gorilla)

They aren't running stock motors, they're bored and sometimes stroked out motors making anywhere from 60-90 hp depending on the application and the machine.  

Good call.

But honestly, 1000 doesn't seem crazy to you?

I guess I can see it good for the not avg person. but...

I'm sure some would say the same about the raptor 700....

Agreed, it all depends on what you want from the machine.  There are some that could argue a need for a 950cc engine (those who use them for work) but most buyers don't.  A 400cc class utility does 95% of the recreational duties that a big bore can do, just as a 400cc sport atv can do 95% of the riding the raptor 700 can do.  We have pickup trucks in this country with 350+hp and 500+lbft of torque but those who purchase them rarely have a need for them.  I can't begin to count the number of super duty fords and heavy duty dodges and chevys (diesels especially) that seem to go through life without ever hauling anything a midsize truck couldn't manage.

Excess is the basis of the consumer culture and we lap it up.  I don't think the 950 is any crazier than the 800 was, or any crazier than the 650 and 660's were 8-9 years ago.

Also consider the lessons learned from big bores like the raptor.  The 686cc rappy and the YFZ 450 are similar in power and speed in stock form.  The benefit of the greater ccs is that a lower compression can be run to achieve the same power.  The lower compression insures logevity for the motor, and great peace of mind for the owners with less periodic maintence (Valve adjusts).

Aaron

preddy08

LOL, you just described Omaha!! There is so many people around here that have big lifted diesels. 90% of them dont see ANY off road duty and only pull a jetski at best.

But damn it they have a big powerful truck and that makes them a big man..................RIGHT ??? ??? ??? ???

I tired to get by with a half ton, just was'nt cuttin the cheese.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

who else but rk

Quote from: Krandall on July 07, 2008, 12:04:21 PM
cause it aint built in. i need a wireless reciver. any help on the camera thing randaay?

Negative.

yep
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Krandall

True, I guess I never thought about it that way.. I guess there's always SOMEONE out there looking for that "one step above the rest" object.

mine being the rappy ;)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Krandall

Quote from: who else but rk on July 07, 2008, 12:20:05 PM

Negative.

yep

So, does your vista machine even detect that a new device is plugged in?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

shookie

Quote from: preddy08 on July 07, 2008, 12:17:41 PM
LOL, you just described Omaha!! There is so many people around here that have big lifted diesels. 90% of them dont see ANY off road duty and only pull a jetski at best.

But damn it they have a big powerful truck and that makes them a big man..................RIGHT ??? ??? ??? ???

You live in the big O!. im over here in council tucky we got cheaper gas ha :P
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

preddy08

Quote from: shookie on July 07, 2008, 12:22:06 PM

Well no shit! small world, between you and peels (our local meth head) I feel right at home.

Any idea if they have the bridge open yet?
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Mad Dog

I tow a sled trailer a few times a year, and if it could manage that then there's no reason a station wagon couldn't fulfill my needs instead of my small SUV.  

Quote from: Krandall on July 07, 2008, 12:21:04 PM
True, I guess I never thought about it that way.. I guess there's always SOMEONE out there looking for that "one step above the rest" object.

mine being the rappy ;)

I've got a 660 too, I'm as guilty as the next guy but I understand that it's something I don't need, but for whatever reason I still want it.  If it makes someone happy then the rest really doesn't matter.

I think nitrous, high compression and race fuel is "crazy" but for others it's par for the course. :thumbs:

shookie

Im not forsure it realy flooded down there.
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

who else but rk

Quote from: Krandall on July 07, 2008, 12:21:27 PM
Quote from: who else but rk on July 07, 2008, 12:20:05 PM

Negative.

yep

So, does your vista machine even detect that a new device is plugged in?
yea it detects and says it needs a driver softwhere tho
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Peelz

Quote from: Polarass525 on July 07, 2008, 12:13:17 PM
Good post, and that's why as a nation we are getting beat down from oil cost right now. We consume to much, and now we are finally paying for it.

plus uno
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on July 07, 2008, 12:28:08 PM
Quote from: shookie on July 07, 2008, 12:22:06 PM

Well no shit! small world, between you and peels (our local meth head) I feel right at home.

Any idea if they have the bridge open yet?

Hwy 34 bridge is still closed. 8ft of water on the other side yet. Gotta take 80 across the miss.

Agreed on the big truck thing. There is an old guy driving around the old school Hummer(before the baby ones) On the back is airbrushed: "the most serious 4x4 on earth" I've always wanted to cross it out and write "I have the worlds smallest penis" :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"