Another new skid plate

Started by preddy08, February 17, 2011, 08:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

I'm getting sick of dealing with my aluminum skids and decided to see what the Tag poly skids are like.

Here's a few picture of it. Its a really nice piece IMO.

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Spartan

sweet skid...is it lighter than the aluminum?

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

First off I never got a stocker, and the stockers are really brittle and break very easy. This thing is 1/4" thick and made from poly. I really dont see anything breaking it.

Spartan

Krandall

brittle?

Yeah, sounds about right.... :confused:

dunno, if a stocker is going to break on a rock, that thing isn't going to stop it either IMO.

Looks nice, it'll get rid of the pesky rattle you have as well.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

rappyfreak

Have heard good things about the Tag railer skid. It's supposed to be tough. Did you get it at Motosport? They have them for like $45
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

preddy08

Quote from: rappyfreak on February 18, 2011, 10:27:56 AM
Have heard good things about the Tag railer skid. It's supposed to be tough. Did you get it at Motosport? They have them for like $45

Sure did, 52 bucks to my door.

Spartan

funyun

Lot of people say they are pretty tough, I dont think this thing is going to give/break on a rock like the crappy little stocker.

jonny_b

i have heard good things about them too, but all the good things i heard came from people where their avatar pic is there rap sitting on a sand dune. i almost got one, but didn't want to be the one to find out they don't hold up well to sharp rocks and have a giant hole in my cases to prove it. good luck with it and keep us posted on how tough it really is. i have worked in plastic injection molding for a while, and 6mm of poly is pretty tough, but don't torque it down to tight or it will get a stress crack.

Diggs59

Definitely going to go this route when/if my GYTR skid ever breaks.  I looked into them a couple of years ago but at the last second I found my GYTR skid cheaper than the TAG Rail was at that time.  I've heard good things about these.  They'll take more punishment than the aluminum skids will no questions asked.  That poly is tough stuff. This thing makes the stocker look like sheet of paper in comparison.

Spartan

Are they any easier to put on than the damn pro armors?

preddy08

I just installed mine and it was EASY!! My old PRM skids took a half hour or better, the new one litterly took 5-10 minutes. VERY SIMPLE!

Spartan

Hmm definitely gonna look into this then...do they feel lighter than the PRMs? Kinda wanting to shave a little weight off this heavy pig...