Another new skid plate

Started by preddy08, February 17, 2011, 08:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XC_Raptor700R

I put a Tag poly skid on mine last summer and I love it. It's quiet, very easy to install, light weight, and tough. I do have some gouges in it from rocks and it's not going to last forever, but neither does the aluminum ones. It is not cracked at all yet.
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

preddy08

Thats very good to hear man! I cant wait to try it out.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Bert

I got one when they first came out & were around $110. Went to a Hare Scramble & tore a rear corner apart, nearly off. I ended up using a large washer to hold my skid up where it should be.  I wasn't happy since their advertising claimed it was tested in rough & rocky cali desert conditions. BS I say. Maybe it should be a layered design with aluminum on the bottom. I didn't find mine to be very tough. To each his own. Good luck Preddy. Post your feedback after a few rides

Out Back Welding

Quote from: Spartan727 on February 18, 2011, 02:29:27 PM
Are they any easier to put on than the damn pro armors?

Amen to that brotha!

Pro Armor fitup blows! I didnt even get all the pieces put in place on my skid, it comes with these aluminum washers...would take an act of GERD imo(expecially with my hotdog package for fingers) to get them all in place. list goes on...

jonny_b

you guys had me worried as hell that it would take me 2 hrs to put my armadillo skid on! i made it through the whole thing with loctite till the last bolt and i said, "all these people said this was a pita and i'm done in like 15mins!" then i couldn't get the last bolt to go into the damn frame hook straight. :lol: took about 10 mins just for that one. :lol: