Mini-Winter Build

Started by Krandall, February 16, 2010, 08:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Nope won't bump start either. I talked to Roy yesterday, I rechecked timing last night and it looked good still, So unsure about the gear spinning but

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

Krandall

I don't remember what I was gonna type.. lol

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

thinking about butts again...  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Spartan

When is he not thinking about butts? ???

Mad Dog

Please forgive the stupid comment;

But be sure you're on TDC of the compression stroke when adjusting.  Though in my experience with the 660 it's still possible to bump start it in this situation.

With the whole thing being out of the frame you need to double or triple check every electrical connection and of course pull that spark plug out (new or old one) and visually confirm you have spark.

Spartan

Mad Dog

Quote from: Spartan727 on May 16, 2010, 07:13:01 PM
He has done all that.

I didn't read that anywhere, forgive me.  I figured if he was talking about replacing the spark plug then he hadn't checked to see if he actually has spark, because if he'd already checked for spark and saw he had spark then I wouldn't expect him to be talking about changing the plug.

Spartan

Yeah he has spark, the plug just keeps coming out wet..it's flooding or something like that.

Krandall

No prob. Yeah, I visually saw I had spark, but figured "just for kicks" I'd change it. Same thing. And I don't think I ever said in a post it had spark. Probably only in chat.

Not sure if you read the problem, but it's kind of an odd one. Turns over. But it'll start kicking over faster and firing sort of (cant really tell its firing. just turns over faster like it's firing). I know it's firing, because if I pull the cap off the plug and turn it over, it turns over more slowly / like it should normally.

The last thought was the gear spinning on the crank. I re-checked timing yesterday, it looks great. My only "other" thought, is if there was somthing off w/ the cam timing. Everything ran fine up until the bolt dropped, but not sure what else would really cause said issues.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Spartan

Did you try changing your cam back to the HC2?

Kamakazi

what are the chances that you arent getting air to the head  ??? You have spark, and you have fuel, air could be missing from that equation.  or what about the kill switch?  you could pull the intake off and try turning it over and put ur hand over to see if it is sucking  ???  personally i think id stop checking the engine and start working my way back through the other pieces, id trust that tonto did a spectacular job assembling the engine.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

tonto13

Thanks for the compliment Kamakazi. This just really bugs me that it is not starting!! I want to know why. Just a very picky person and always want to make sure the work I do is good and that the person is happy with it. Just really feel bad that it is not running for him and he is having problems!!
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Spartan

I just have problems too...It's called modding a Raptor 700 and not knowing when to stop.