Mini-Winter Build

Started by Krandall, February 16, 2010, 08:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto13

Had to make sure that it got there intact without damage. And that nothing could get into the motor!!  :rofl: 
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Krandall

So... Reporting in after... who knows how many hours messin around... (this is paraphrased due to depression :( )

I got everything buttoned up friday late afternoon and tried to start it. It'd turn over fine, but once it'd start turning over, it'd start firing and turn over faster but never start.

Talked with John @ RE this AM. Explained everything I did. I pulled the head off to chjeck valves again this afternoon. Valves looked good. reset the timing. (noticed it had been timed to the H vs the I) Still getting the same thing.

I tried with both the PCIII plugged in and the stock stuff plugged in. No idea what to think at the moment.

My dad suggested (as well as phucker) to try for kicks a new spark plug tomorrow because they've been known to be bad out of the box new. going to try that... if it doesn't work. I'm honestly at a loss. As of now... (sucks being in minnesota w/ no one around) but the only thing I can think of is taking the motor out and sending it to someone like RE to have them put it in a frame/check it out. then while it's there I could at least have them dyno tune it as well....... 

Been a weekend of kicking me in the face... quad.. no dice. decided I'd work on my coronet replacing all 4 wheel cylinders...  well. couldn't get  the first brake drum I worked on off...... Then my friend asked my keys to my car to move it and came back and said... how long have you had that huge crack in the windshield..

Im ready for a beer.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

txredxj

that sucks. after i did mine i  turned it on a few times till the fuel pump shut off and it fired up pretty quick. im guessing john thought you had a compression issue. how did you check the valves? spay brake cleaner in the ports and see if any leaks out the valves as a bent valve is hard to tell with just your eye. pull the spark plug and put it in the plug. set it it in contact with metal and see if it has spark. good luck

tonto13

Give me a call Randy. I know I timed the cam to the "I". Turned it over and double checked it. Seriously, give me a call.
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Krandall

So.. Here's where everythings at thus far.

Gunz sent me his ECU yesterday should have it today. If this doesn't work, we're meeting up some time sunday late morning/ early afternoon and going to give him my quad.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

You know, even with a bad plug you should smell some serious fuel coming from the tail pipe, maybe even an occasional POP if it isnt sparking right/ at all. Did you check the plug and gapping before you tried it out? What about checking the plug against the frame or header bolt for spark?

If you dont smell fuel, check your fuses real quick.

Thats all I got right now

Krandall

Quote from: Alkire193 on May 12, 2010, 10:47:37 AM
You know, even with a bad plug you should smell some serious fuel coming from the tail pipe, maybe even an occasional POP if it isnt sparking right/ at all. Did you check the plug and gapping before you tried it out? What about checking the plug against the frame or header bolt for spark?

If you dont smell fuel, check your fuses real quick.

Thats all I got right now

went through all fuses. Smell fuel, have spark.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Spartan

Did you try spreading a ring of salt around the quad and saying some ancient exorcism chants?

Peelz

Quote from: Spartan727 on May 12, 2010, 05:54:29 PM
Did you try spreading a ring of salt around the quad and saying some ancient exorcism chants?

duh...this is procedure #1  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Try not being a  :mad: and put a stoker in it, the quad is trying to tell you something

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Danny T

this may not help but its worth a try... make sure each wire going into the ECU has a good connection. Push them all in individually, happened to me once and my buddy over the weekend.

Peelz

Quote from: Alkire193 on May 13, 2010, 09:56:53 PM
Try not being a  :mad: and put a stoker in it, the quad is trying to tell you something

are you the quad whisperer now? Do you just make that "SHHH" sound when the rappy is acting up? :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Actually I have a thread about my quad talking to me. Look it up!  :batman:

Any news yet Randy?

Mad Dog

Will it bump start...?