Ipod stuff!

Started by Peelz, January 21, 2010, 11:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out Back Welding

Quote from: Raptoracer24 on January 21, 2010, 08:08:13 PM
All I know is if you have a 3rd gen., don't jailbreak it.

whats jailbreak mean? in iphone terms that is.

I youtubed unocked iphone, it showed how to unlock em yourself...

disco

jailbreaking is unlocking it so you can use it with other carriers instead of AT&T
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Out Back Welding

Quote from: disco on January 21, 2010, 08:12:18 PM
jailbreaking is unlocking it so you can use it with other carriers instead of AT&T

why not get 3g's unlocked?

Mad Dog

Doesn't matter if you unlock an iphone, still can't use it with Verizon.  The iphone is a GSM phone and only works on GSM bands, so as far as national carriers go you're stuck with AT&T (in which case why void the warranty) or T-Mobile who's coverage is even worse, though it is cheaper.

Out Back Welding

Quote from: Mad Dog on January 21, 2010, 08:28:26 PM
Doesn't matter if you unlock an iphone, still can't use it with Verizon.  The iphone is a GSM phone and only works on GSM bands, so as far as national carriers go you're stuck with AT&T (in which case why void the warranty) or T-Mobile who's coverage is even worse, though it is cheaper.

damn! this sucks! i dropped AT&T for vorizon, because they had shitty service in nebraska

Raptoracer24

Quote from: dpe_ele on January 21, 2010, 08:22:37 PM

It messes them up bad. Some new software they put in 3rd gens. 3 or 4 of my friends have done it and now theirs turn off like every 5 minutes by themselves and can't connect to WiFi sometimes.
Just sold my 250
08 700
Stock :(

Krandall

AT&T's problem is not coverage.. It's that their surge in smart phone users has out scoped what they could have ever imagined. AT&T is slow. That's their down fall..

I can't comment on T-mobiles nation wide coverage. but I don't have a problem w/ it here in Minn.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Sand84

Quote from: Raptoracer24 on January 21, 2010, 08:51:12 PM

It messes them up bad. Some new software they put in 3rd gens. 3 or 4 of my friends have done it and now theirs turn off like every 5 minutes by themselves and can't connect to WiFi sometimes.

They did something wrong.  I know of prolly 10-15 people in my town with jailbroken 3G Iphone and not one problem.. 
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Mad Dog

Quote from: Krandall on January 21, 2010, 09:42:52 PM

AT&T's problem is not coverage.. It's that their surge in smart phone users has out scoped what they could have ever imagined. AT&T is slow. That's their down fall..

I can't comment on T-mobiles nation wide coverage. but I don't have a problem w/ it here in Minn.

Coverage is a regional thing, as you said.  ATT works great in mich and ohio when you're near major road ways and cities, but their voice coverage is spotty elsewhere and data coverage drops off fast.  I have have much better experiences with Verizon's data coverage in areas where I travel.  T-mobile is also great near major cities, but there are large gaps and dead spots even near major roadways IME.

Verizon has the best data and voice coverage where I roam, though I still have my nextel and from a purely voice perspective it's on par with ATT in most areas and even better in some michigan locales.

Raptoracer24

Quote from: Sand84 on January 21, 2010, 10:15:45 PM
Quote from: Raptoracer24 on January 21, 2010, 08:51:12 PM

They did something wrong.  I know of prolly 10-15 people in my town with jailbroken 3G Iphone and not one problem.. 

Maybe. Or maybe because it's an Itouch and not a phone? Idk.
Just sold my 250
08 700

disco

I drove through El Paso a while back and lost signal, when it came back it was on a Mexican carrier.  Movistar or something.  My map program switched to kilometers also.  I got a text from AT&T that said international data rates applied.  Cripes!  I powered down till I was well clear.
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Hefe

Jailbreaking is so you can run aftermarket apps
My Iphone was jailbroken right after I got it :)

"Unlocking" makes it so you can use other carriers
that is not something I want, so I didn't do it

My jailbroken Iphone works very well in MI

My favorite app so far is Viper Smart Start
yes, I can start my truck with my Iphone :)

Out Back Welding

hmmm, so jailbroken is a good thing..wonder if it would be smart to buy one thats unlocked/jailbroken off the internet.

Raptoracer24

Quote from: dpe_ele on January 22, 2010, 05:54:21 PM
hmmm, so jailbroken is a good thing..wonder if it would be smart to buy one thats unlocked/jailbroken off the internet.

Depends.. It's easy to do yourself, so you'd probably be better of buying a new or used one that isn't, then do it yourself.
Just sold my 250
08 700

Hefe

it was literally just running 1 program to jail break it