What did you do to your Raptor today? v2

Started by Krandall, October 02, 2009, 01:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rappyfreak

Pat, can you take a pic closer to where the hose exits the shock and how you routed it? Thanks!  :clap:
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Spartan

When it stops raining I'll pull it out and take some pics...the hose is just laying inside the tunnel, it has some tension on it being in the box..

Spartan

rappyfreak

Thanks Pat, you mounted it with the fitting on the top instead of how the damn instruction say. This is how mine is sitting now:

I have the muffler off but you can see the fitting directs the hose directly to the header... Do you reckon I can tighten the fitting about a quarter turn to direct the hose towards the front of the quad or too risky?
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

Spartan

I don't know if I would risk turning that fitting...might be better off finding a shop that could refill the shock if you release any of the nitrogen. I've heard bad things happen if you mess with that stuff...

Alkire193

Krandall

seems like there should be some sort of elbow on that fitting.

Was this an e-bay purchase or did you buy it new from a vendor.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

rappyfreak

Ebay purchase, think I'm gonna have to munt it like pat did with the fitting on the other side of the shock. Just have to check there is no binding. Craaaaaaappppppppppp

rappyfreak

Well got things worked out, contacted Fox and what they said was:
You can loosen the jam nut enough to allow the fitting to rotate then tighten it back up when you have it in position but be careful because if you loosen it too much you run the risk of causing an oil leak. If that happens you will then need to have your shock sent off for service.

Did that carefully and turned the hose towards the front with no nitrogen or  oil leak!  :clap:

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

Good job RappyFreak!  :thumbs:

Something about that line being so close to the exhaust, heating the fluid inside, made me cringe.

XC_Raptor700R

2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Bert

Langford

Last week...

removed the front brakes,  removed start button/kill switch/headlight switch cluster and wiring, removed the stock pegs with Misfit Fab extensions and installed BBIII lightweight pegs, removed battery, and installed 26" drag axle in place of the 34" play axle.  

Today...

Mounted the manifold (-1 exhaust stud  :(), turbo is on, new turbo support bracket on, new down pipe is on, new BOV, new light-weight battery, and refilled the coolant.

Tomorrow...

do the "clutch mod", change the oil, wire up new start button, put all the plastics back on and clean it up for the dunes this weekend.

Next week...

Install new fireball drag stem/bar combo and put this pig back on the scale to see what she weighs now (388.5 lbs wet before recent mods).  

'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!