What did you do to your Raptor today? v2

Started by Krandall, October 02, 2009, 01:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

rode the shit out of her!!!!!!

bro inlaw bottoming out his rappy... (LT Elka triple rates built for him)

damn that was a good day... found a new sand pit to ride at that we hadnt been to before... and there was no one else out there so we pretty much made our own little track.
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Spartan

Blair

we got about 500 pictures and about an hours worth of video... took turs riding and shooting with my little point and shoot... now i just need to find some time to try and edit a video of it...  and we had a blast... this was my first time with my paddles on... now i know why you guys are always saying you need longer swingarms... haha
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Spartan

Get smaller paddles haha, but yeah when paddles hook up, they HOOK UP :lol: drag racing at LS I would wheelie sometimes when I think it'd spin.

Spartan

Finally got my rebuild 100% complete....Upgrades from my previous setup: RE + 1 CNC head, Web4 Cam, 12:1 CP stock bore piston, FCI. My phone camera is broke or I would've had some more pics during the build but a final complete pic will have to suffice...

Alkire193

Black Friday Deals  :clap:

Got me some parts, lots and lots of parts!!

devious700rSE

so i woke up this morning thinking of taking her virginity and the more the day past on the more i didnt think it would happen. Just a couple hours later I had ripped her a part and it felt so good to make her drip :mad:... and for all you sick minded people im talking about my Raptor.... Ripped the head off and am getting ready for a comp bump and a port and polish with a stage 2 cam pictures to follow soon
07 Rappy 700rSE intake and sparks racing exhaust

XC_Raptor700R

Just started a top end build on mine also. New piston, cam, exhaust, eliminate air box lid, and change PC tune.
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

1badazz_700r

had to drill tap and install 4 time-serts in the case where the cylinder bolts to. The threads pulled out of 1 hole during the last assembly,so i just did all 4. Then tore the motor down and had to split the cases to re-seal the 2 halves. the sealer i used before apparently didnt work to well and blew oil out right under the starter. havent rode it in a little over a year because i was to pissed off to tear it down again. the motor is completly back together and fixed. just gotta clean the frame up and order my new whiteknuckle 105.5 cylinder and piston this week and put it back in the quad. pretty sad that my quad has spent more time tore apart since i bought it new than its been ridden. LOL

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

preddy08

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on January 16, 2011, 03:30:33 PM
had to drill tap and install 4 time-serts in the case where the cylinder bolts to. The threads pulled out of 1 hole during the last assembly,so i just did all 4. Then tore the motor down and had to split the cases to re-seal the 2 halves. the sealer i used before apparently didnt work to well and blew oil out right under the starter. havent rode it in a little over a year because i was to pissed off to tear it down again. the motor is completly back together and fixed. just gotta clean the frame up and order my new whiteknuckle 105.5 cylinder and piston this week and put it back in the quad. pretty sad that my quad has spent more time tore apart since i bought it new than its been ridden. LOL

Why not go with a 108 cylinder or a sleeved 105.5 to save some cash
?
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

1badazz_700r

I dont really want or need to go up to a 108 bore. and i have had a sleeved cylinder and not a real big fan of it. So im just gonna spend the coin and do everything right this time and go over everything,so i can finally get some riding in this year :thumbs:

Quote from: preddy08 on January 16, 2011, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: 1badazz_700r on January 16, 2011, 03:30:33 PM

Why not go with a 108 cylinder or a sleeved 105.5 to save some cash
?

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Mad Dog

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

1badazz_700r

well it was a used cylinder that was sleeved and came with a homemade stud kit. My opinion is that sleeving the rappy head makes it weaker,and is just a cheap alternative. otherwise they would have came from the factory sleeved and not nikasilo coated, i know car motors get sleeved all the time but there is more material to work with JMO. I know alot of you guys are having good luck with yours, but i would rather spend the money on a new 105.5 bore casting that is built better than factory cylinder and nikasil coated. I have had no good luck anytime i have tried to cut a corner or try to save money. As for the trinity 108 kits they come with a JE piston which would then have to have the valve reliefs flycut for my bigger valves, and bore the cases bigger which is to much hastle for a few HP that i probably wouldnt feel anyway :lol:

Quote from: Krandall on January 17, 2011, 10:17:38 AM
what you have against the sleeve?

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm