What did you do to your Raptor today? v2

Started by Krandall, October 02, 2009, 01:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

that sucks ballz... can't SPAL be held liable at all?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

Quote from: Krandall on March 16, 2010, 07:22:52 AM
that sucks ballz... can't SPAL be held liable at all?

Well im 90% sure that the fan is still good but its not wired to anything that it should be to operate. I think the directions were just  :mad: up. SPAL cant be at fault because the fan is not designed for the Raptor 700, its designed to be a performance fan for anything, they just added a raptor mount bracket to it. You have to splice to install it, its not plug and play. The first ride it just surged on and off and on and off as the bike overheated. It draws too many amps ( I think thats right) so the system cant carry what is needed to run the fan. The rewire was to use higher gauge wire routed to the headlight relay (if memory serves) so when my headlights are on the fan is always running. Stupid? Yes. Better than the bike overheating when I ride? O yea. If it worked.

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kamakazi

why didnt you run a seperate relay and have the thermal switch in the rad (i think thats where it is) trigger it on and off?  Unless your thermal switch isnt working  ???  Using the Headlight relay is just a dumb idea, and if you made a relay harness you could easily add a light to come on when the fan is on, so you dont have to stop the bike crawl underneath to see if the fan is turning or not.  I could be persuaded to build such a harness......... if you dont have the skillz
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Peelz

PM Alkire. for the spark plug mod. no biggie.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Alkire193

Quote from: kamakazi on March 16, 2010, 09:49:10 AM
why didnt you run a seperate relay and have the thermal switch in the rad (i think thats where it is) trigger it on and off?  Unless your thermal switch isnt working  ???  Using the Headlight relay is just a dumb idea, and if you made a relay harness you could easily add a light to come on when the fan is on, so you dont have to stop the bike crawl underneath to see if the fan is turning or not.  I could be persuaded to build such a harness......... if you dont have the skillz

DL700 is running around here, it was his HOW TO. Like I said, I cant remember it all that well now but the reason the headlight relay was used is because you can get the fan to work on a switch. I guess wiring in a new relay would be a lot more work and this was supposed to simplify it. He and other SPAL fan owners have the same issue. When it goes to turn on it just surges and never reaches full speed before it shuts off for a few seconds then comes back up. I tossed that at the Joka, it was going to be apart of my winter rebuild to rewire it properly however since Kev is handling everything I wanted to do personally, hes got it taken care of.

XC_Raptor700R

Rode the crap out of it for some exercise and suspension and tire testing. X-Rex's rock !!!
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

Krandall

Just ordered my 105mm Rings and the new head gasket :woot:

can't wait to get everything back together. I'm getting really antsy!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

shrimpy21

Got my Lonestar Axcalibar MX axle today and installed  :nana: It looks awesome and was a piece of cake to fit.Just waiting for my Bopp +2 LT big ground clearence arms,dual gasser and ASV pro holiday pack to be sent now.Just wainting on Jim at Motowoz to custom colour my shocks  :nod:
Here's the axle

No comments about the burn in the carpet PEELS   :lol: ,its the carpet in my shed  :lol:

2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

Krandall

Looks awesome shrimpster!! 8)

Any idea yet as to when you should see your shocks?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

shrimpy21

Quote from: Krandall on March 18, 2010, 08:08:45 AM
Looks awesome shrimpster!! 8)

Any idea yet as to when you should see your shocks?

I got a email back from Jim yesterday and he said the shocks should be anoized this week,he's going to watch the process as then he can decided when to have the parts taken out, as the longer they are left in, the darker the colour gets.He's had to use a new guy for andoizing my shocks,as his usual guy couldnt get the right colour  :( thats why its taking so long
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

Peelz

very cool shrimps.

I actually like the carpet. ;) :lol:

dabigbratj

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Peelz