What did you do to your Raptor today? v2

Started by Krandall, October 02, 2009, 01:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

anthony81

Thats what i think. Where is a good place to get head work done and get a bigger throttle body?
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Pro Design intake & K&N filter
Mega Cycle X1 cam
12.5:1 JE piston
Trinity Racing 105.5 mill big bore
Hot Rods 5 mill stroker crank
15 tooth front

Krandall

A Bigger TB I'm honestly not sure who's doing boring now. Tech Quad Shop would be a good stop. I think he has some on shelf TBs.

Porting would come down to how much you want to spend.

There's a few companies doing CNC porting. (Barkers Exhaust, Racers Edge, Team Rocket Factory) I think they are all running in the 700ish area.

If you're looking for a more economic valued port. Bo White would be THE man. He's on here name is "VelociRaptor"

I bet he's done a couple hundred heads (if not more). He currently has mine now. But he has some really good priced porting options with excellent results as well.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

shrimpy21

Put new bearings and added a grease nipple (zerk) on the bearing carrier.Just waiting for my Lonestar axcalibar mx axle to turn up now.Then i be out riding again  :thumbs:

Still waiting for my custom coloured Motowoz LT front and rear shocks.Its now been 8 and half weeks  :(  Jim has my Bopp +2 big ground clearence
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

anthony81

Cool. I appriciate the info. I was wanting to get +1 valves and ported a bit. I heard the bigger throttle body picks it up a bunch but im not sure.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Mega Cycle X1 cam
15 tooth front

Krandall

Quote from: anthony81 on March 09, 2010, 12:34:45 PM
Cool. I appriciate the info. I was wanting to get +1 valves and ported a bit. I heard the bigger throttle body picks it up a bunch but im not sure.

For sure. the more you do to your motor the more the larger throttle body shines!  I forget what bo's price is for his T-Rex port. But it comes w/ + 1 valves.. I'm pretty sure its around $500.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

anthony81

Thats a good price. Just didnt want to send it to someone and have some shitty work done. And im gonna need head work done sometime soon with the big bore going on this weekend. You can get alota money sunk in a quad but it sure does make it better when u out run everyone. :clap:
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Mega Cycle X1 cam
15 tooth front

Krandall

Quote from: anthony81 on March 09, 2010, 12:56:08 PM
Thats a good price. Just didnt want to send it to someone and have some shitty work done. And im gonna need head work done sometime soon with the big bore going on this weekend. You can get alota money sunk in a quad but it sure does make it better when u out run everyone. :clap:

It adds up quick... I can assure you. Myself as well as a LOT of others on here can attest for Bo's work. If you'd like to get ahold of him, shoot him a PM or if you want to call him, I can PM you his phone number.

I'll try finding some pics of his work. He does wonders though.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Krandall

Here's some of his latest work he's done. I believe this is Preddy08's head.

This is bo's "Megalodon" Port.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

dabigbratj

Bo's work is great for the price call him forsure  and he is fast only took like 2-3 days for me
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

anthony81

Looks like he does a bad ass job. Some of the ones i have seen dont clean them up that much just mainly around the valves. If you could get me his number that would help me a bunch. Where is he out of? I live in Texas.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Mega Cycle X1 cam
15 tooth front

Krandall

He's based out of Alabama.. His turn around time depending on the port is 2-3 weeks (thats what it was the last time I talked to him)

pm coming to you. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

1badazz_700r

:thumbs: bo does really good quality work. customer service and turnaround time are very good. I ran his T-rex port for 2 years with a +2 throttle body. and letme say it ran very good

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

XC_Raptor700R

Rode in some extreme mud today, it was great to get out and ride but the biggest challenge was being able to see through my goggles and hang on to my slimy grips.
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com