My build....................

Started by Colorado700R, July 16, 2009, 04:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: VelociRaptor on October 18, 2009, 11:14:17 PM
Ive tuned the 5050 cams before, a 770ish build that is pig rich with a stock injector and only mostly teens added to the stock map theres something amiss. It was just a red flag for me and thats why I went no further with the tuning session as the bike sat.

Cam degreeing required maybe?

VelociRaptor

Could be part of it. My problem was I didnt have time set asside to do anything but check the tune on it and tweak it on the dyno(and didnt even do that once I seen were everything was at on the map and how it was runnin). After driving almost 300 miles one way I had to get back home before too late. The original map didnt even have any fuel added at idle :confused: and it was at 14:1 A/F because of it when idling, I fixed that.

CMAT

The engine was burning as much oil as it was fuel.  He had overfilled the oil by .5qt but we drained it and brought it up to proper level before dynoing it.  The engine has several problems.

Colorado700R

Alkire193

huh, I wonder who we are talking about.....  :lol:

The way it was explained made perfect sense to me on the dyno, Bo did the right thing. We couldnt exactly tear off the cylinder at the dyno in the rain and check everything then build back up. We were also running out of time. IF the rings were bad, we were dead in the water. Same with piston to cylinder clearance. Bo did right, im getting the feeling people are doubting that for some reason.  ???

Thank you again Bo and Chad for everything. Busting your asses and driving out to see me. You guys are great!

Krandall

Quote from: CMAT on October 19, 2009, 07:55:55 PM
The engine was burning as much oil as it was fuel.

At least you know the cylinder was properly lubed :)  :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

"My Build:"  think ethiopan bushman with rickets..... only bleach white and sexy like a mofo.  :lol: :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

SuperFlow Dyno @ Advantage tuning, Colorado Springs, Colorado ~55 degrees

STP #'s

Dynojet Corrected

6000ft Above sea level
KDS +2 head, +5 stroker, +3 TB, 12.5 CP piston, FCI, DYnatek Programmable on curve 2, PC3, FCI, Barker Duals, KDS Koineter Valve.

Probably got more left in the Ignition curve, will update when we find out.

Aaron

Troy31

06 LTR450- race quad
09 KTM 505SX- trail/duner/back up racer
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Colorado700R

Can someone please explain Cam Degreeing, and it's effects?  Can it provide more power, or just move the power around the RPM range, or both ???

Aaron

preddy08

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 24, 2009, 10:24:18 AM
Can someone please explain Cam Degreeing, and it's effects?  Can it provide more power, or just move the power around the RPM range, or both ???

Aaron

Its all depends on where you want the power, and its kinda hard to explain. all the cam companys use a generic cam timing spec and set it to that. All motors TDC will be different. So if your cam is set to one TDC and your motor is slightly different then that will effect power.

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/TimingTutorial/
Read up brotha man....LOLOLOL. I did'nt know much about cams and timing before the raptor, but their is only one way to learn. Read about it, and do it!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on November 24, 2009, 10:43:36 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on November 24, 2009, 10:24:18 AM

Aaron

Its all depends on where you want the power, and its kinda hard to explain. all the cam companys use a generic cam timing spec and set it to that. All motors TDC will be different. So if your cam is set to one TDC and your motor is slightly different then that will effect power.

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/TimingTutorial/
Read up brotha man....LOLOLOL. I did'nt know much about cams and timing before the raptor, but their is only one way to learn. Read about it, and do it!

peels' head hurts. :lol:

Great read.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kamakazi

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: the difference between hp and tq is a value of 12.  If that build was in a grizzly you could pull trees right out of the ground.  Very nice aaron, once you squeeze a bit more out of it GunnyBunny will have to make you start 5 lengths behind.  Also you should put some 25" tires on the back for dragging, im sure you wont have an issue turning them  :lol:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Colorado700R

:batman:

Spartan