My build....................

Started by Colorado700R, July 16, 2009, 04:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Map sent via Email buddy, lemme know how it runs

VelociRaptor

The map that was in that bike was pretty lean for that calibur of build(in the teens mostly in adjustment) and the A/F was in the 10:1 range when it was on the dyno last. I bumped it into a "base map" so that when the engine was double checked on everything he would be in the ballpark.

Colorado700R

the map I sent was the one troy built during his test of the 50/50 cam.  From what he's told me they (5050 and RJ) are very efficient cams and don't require allot of fuel.  It has low fuel numbers aswell

Troy31

With all the money you put in your motor why didn't you get a PCV with autotune? It would take a lot of the guess work out of tuning at the elevation changes we have up here.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 KTM 505SX- trail/duner/back up racer
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Colorado700R

haven't had a need to be honest.  Never rode anyplace that required adjustment.  I know you guys that run Pikes peak run into issues, but I haven't had a problem yet.

Troy31

I never had any problems when my Zuk motor was stock either but aafter it was built it got real sensitive to changes. From what I've heard the Yami system may deal with change a little better though.

Just installed an exhaust and PCV on my wifes yfzr today, gotta get the bung welded in still. I'm interested to see how well it really works and what changes it will make to compensate for a few thousand foot elevation change.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Colorado700R

Cool, haven't been to impressed with the new YFZ-R power yet.  Only ridin a few, and nothing "built". Suspension and handling is nice though.

you doing harry roamer's this year? 

Troy31

I'm not real impressed with the yfzr power either but the ride makes up for it. Its good enough for my wife right now though.

Hell yeah I'm doing harry's roamers. Shooting for pro studded championship if I get my rebuild done by then. You gonna give it a shot this year?
06 LTR450- race quad
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Colorado700R

thinking about it, I'd have no idea where to start though with studding suspension etc

Troy31

Let me know if you decide to and I'll give you a hand getting it set up.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Colorado700R

cool bro thanks :thumbs:

any chance you can do LS next weekend??

Troy31

Sure there's a chance, powerball drawing is wednesday night.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Colorado700R

:lol:

I hear ya, moneys tight for us too.  Maybe St. A's for memorial day?

Troy31

Biggest problem is that the toyhauler is winterized and needs to be serviced and trying to get the wife and daughter to make a trip without it now that we are spoiled isn't gonna happen. I'd like to go but that would be a long weekend making the drive by myself and sleeping in the truck. A few years ago I would have been all for it but I'm getting old fast.

I saw the Memorial day St. A's thread and am seriously thinking about that one. I've been wanting to go there for a while. Gonna have to wait till closer to then to see if we have the funds and vacation time for that one.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

VelociRaptor

Ive tuned the 5050 cams before, a 770ish build that is pig rich with a stock injector and only mostly teens added to the stock map theres something amiss. It was just a red flag for me and thats why I went no further with the tuning session as the bike sat.