New KDS Racing injector "pic updates"

Started by Kenny, June 04, 2009, 07:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Okay guys, here it is. The new KDS plug-n-play injector. designed especially for 4-valve engines, it has dual spray cones with super-fast response and best atomizaton on the market today. The price will be right at $100 with new seals and adapter harness. This is a real improvement over the other designs we have available. Standard is 550cc and available in 630cc as well 8)

http://www.youtube.com/v/KgL1WFfRzis&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

NaturalRaptor

That is nice! You still da man Kenny   :thumbs:
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Blair

nice...

would that be useful in a stock build or really only good in big bore builds??
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

DL700

The duty cycle gets up too high on some builds near the 75 hp range (depending on the dyno and efficency of the build) at this point stock injectors will start to fail due to heat and the quality of the spray pattern will decline...

Those GENESIS injectors are a good  replacement if u come to this point (though i have not tried them personally yet)

http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_44&products_id=100

CUERVO RACING

Kenny

Quote from: DL700 on June 04, 2009, 11:30:54 PM
The duty cycle gets up too high on some builds near the 75 hp range (depending on the dyno and efficency of the build) at this point stock injectors will start to fail due to heat and the quality of the spray pattern will decline...

Those GENESIS injectors are a good  replacement if u come to this point (though i have not tried them personally yet)

http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_44&products_id=100

That is correct Daniel...... The spray pattern on these is still better than stock with lower power builds. The guy at us rally team is the builder of these injectors, and we have been working on a spray pattern and drop in kit especially for the Raptor, and other atv's as well. So basically this guy (Scott) is building them especially for my applications 8)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Kenny

Quote from: Blair on June 04, 2009, 10:22:32 PM
nice...

would that be useful in a stock build or really only good in big bore builds??
They work well in any size motor. I have been working with this guy because there are guys out there that see gains by going to a carb. That immediately tells us that we have atomization problems. We are also working up a billet fuel rail with a "dead head" fuel pressure regulator that will allow increases in fuel pressure without a return line. It can also be referenced to boost or n2o pressure, or works with part throttle vacuum to reduce fuel pressure under part throttle for cross country guys that need to stretch their fuel as far as possible :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

DL700

most of the gains from going to CARB are due to the restriction of the PLate and shaft area in the tb as well as turbulence
the reason say a 52mm carb will flow better then a 52mm tb....even going up in tb size u still have the plate and shaft messing with air flow and speed

Let us know when you've got some testing and results done on these injectors...power, fuel economy, throttle responce ect....
CUERVO RACING

Kenny

The flow doesn't seem to be the trick in my testing. It seems that everytime I use a big (52+) TB I lose more than I gain. Even though there is some gain in the overrev, the rest of the powerband seems to suffer considerably. But again it is important how you index the plate :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

DL700

its all about intake tube configuration and design....matching the length of the tuned area to the correct diameter.....it can make u go in circles trying to get the most out of it without sacrificing bottom.....
i have one tube design that works with the 52mm tb that doesnt lose any on the bottom tru mid and still gains up top, something i figured ot over the last few days.... :nod:
CUERVO RACING

Kenny

Kenz figured that out some time back........ I personally make more power everywhere with a tb that is smaller than a 52, but bigger than a 47 bored factory piece. Then add in a better injector and the motor comes alive. The good thing is that I am friends with the guy that builds the Genesis injectors. This thing really stands out. I was doing research for cross country racers that needed to make the power with less fuel, and it works very well  8) He is gonna be custom building these for all kinds of other motors (for KDS Racing).
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Krandall

I'm assuming they'll be just a direct bolt in?

How much and when can we expect to see them? Or still heavy on the R&D?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenneth

Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

Kenny

They are finally done..... The standard Genesis injector is the wrong size so the tip is custom built for the Raptor TB( Grizzly,Rhino,YFZ too),so it is a direct bolt in without any spacers. Can be had in 550cc and 630cc. Comes with new seal, o-rings and adapter harness. On the left is a modded factory Denso injector.

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Krandall

couple questions.

What is the cc of the stock injector?

What bene's are there to upgrading the injector for a mid/mild motor'd guy like myself w/ a 727?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

DL700

being that it is CUSTOM MADE then why not put the OEM injector connector on it being that its the same for all the yamaha models, ???
just a thought  :thumbs:
CUERVO RACING