What did you do to your Raptor today?

Started by Yamahauler, May 29, 2008, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

The high ground clearance arms dont make the quad sit higher...they will sit just the same as any other LT arms, but the arms themselves are bent, giving more clearance there (a couple of inches).

One thing i did notice was there is a solid 2.5 inches of static sag....When jake's "petite" ;) frame gets on it, it goes down another inch+ at least.I prefer a little less sag, so I plan to bump my spring preload collars down a little to leave the arms a little further up.

2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

dabigbratj

we w2ill mess around with them we were kinda pissed at your last night i will prolly bring it up a little bit as well
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Krandall

Quote from: TechQuadShop on November 04, 2008, 10:55:48 AM
Quote from: Krandall on November 04, 2008, 08:44:46 AM
Quote from: TechQuadShop on November 04, 2008, 08:37:10 AM
Quote from: Krandall on November 04, 2008, 07:48:06 AM
that's what I was thinking, to me it almost seems as they are standard travel shocks with long travel arms  ???

If it were a standard travel shock on long travel arms then it would sit very high if you could even get it to mount up. 

standard ones are longer than long travel? ???

Thats not what I said.  Think about it.  If you put a shorter shock on the arms would sit way up.  You would have to lift the lower arm to get it to attach to the upper arm.  Its not going to happen.

I did think about it... mount the shocks to the top tower... they are shorter..... meaning you'd have to pull the arms way up to mount making the quad sit lower and have a lower profile. It's the whole reason people use shorter shocks for flat track racing... because it raises the a-arms up in turn making the quad sit lower.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on November 04, 2008, 12:04:50 PM
that's what I was thinking, to me it almost seems as they are standard travel shocks with long travel arms  ???

If it were a standard travel shock on long travel arms then it would sit very high if you could even get it to mount up. 

Thats not what I said.  Think about it.  If you put a shorter shock on the arms would sit way up.  You would have to lift the lower arm to get it to attach to the upper arm.  Its not going to happen.

I did think about it... mount the shocks to the top tower... they are shorter..... meaning you'd have to pull the arms way up to mount making the quad sit lower and have a lower profile. It's the whole reason people use shorter shocks for flat track racing... because it raises the a-arms up in turn making the quad sit lower.

+1
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

dabigbratj

well mike and my bikes should be done hopefully end of weekend and have it all setup right and we will have good pics

TechQuadShop

Quote from: Krandall on November 04, 2008, 12:04:50 PM

Ok i pictured what you said in my head and that makes sense.

I think all Jake needs to do is adjust the shock and it should look much better.
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

dabigbratj

zx10r203

Installed Tusk nerf bars and ESR Temp Gauge.  Both look great!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:
(pictures to come soon)

dabigbratj

First pic is with no rider and 2nd is with rider we set up the shocks more to how i wanted them these are still not the best pics but much better then the other one.also looks like the 2nd pic was taken a little higher then the 1st but over all it is at least a little higher then stock let roost chime in sense he was here tonight working with me as you can see in the 3rd pic

his quad decided to fight us in any way it could btw maybe we will make a write up on how it was a pain

socalrappy700

Could someone hook a brother up and post the pictures.  The man has them blocked.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

dabigbratj

well thank you.i cant wait to ride it with these on

Warren

i took mine out for a ride tonight afterwork and broke in the new barkers. i havn't really rode with them on there yet so tonight i took it out for a good ride in the country. and i took some pics of my new grab bar.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB