What did you do to your Raptor today?

Started by Yamahauler, May 29, 2008, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

Something has to be wrong.  Those arms should bend up to give the quad more clearance.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

before we "jump to Conclusion" (My new board game  :lol:

I'd like a measurement of the forward frame ground clearance.  :thumbs:

dabigbratj

i will get better pics this weekend my shop was cramped cause there is another 700 tore apart next to mine. i can assure they are long travel shocks but will get better pics when i take it out
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

socalrappy700

Was there any weight on the quad?  And did it look like the front end sat higher with the new set up?  It should sit higher to give you the extra clearance.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 08:10:22 AM
Was there any weight on the quad?  And did it look like the front end sat higher with the new set up?  It should sit higher to give you the extra clearance.

Why would it sit higher?

socalrappy700

Those are max clearance a-arm and they have a higher bend to give more ground clearance.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

TechQuadShop

Quote from: Krandall on November 04, 2008, 07:48:06 AM
that's what I was thinking, to me it almost seems as they are standard travel shocks with long travel arms  ???

If it were a standard travel shock on long travel arms then it would sit very high if you could even get it to mount up. 
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: TechQuadShop on November 04, 2008, 08:37:10 AM
that's what I was thinking, to me it almost seems as they are standard travel shocks with long travel arms  ???

If it were a standard travel shock on long travel arms then it would sit very high if you could even get it to mount up. 

standard ones are longer than long travel? ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

dabigbratj

yes it did sit higher heck we had to lift it so much just to mount shocks and get tires on like i said i will get better pics this weekend and mesure from the groun to the arm

socalrappy700

Take a front on shot of the quad and one with you on it.  I would like to see how it sits with a rider on it.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

dabigbratj

TechQuadShop

Quote from: Krandall on November 04, 2008, 08:44:46 AM
Quote from: TechQuadShop on November 04, 2008, 08:37:10 AM

standard ones are longer than long travel? ???

Thats not what I said.  Think about it.  If you put a shorter shock on the arms would sit way up.  You would have to lift the lower arm to get it to attach to the upper arm.  Its not going to happen.
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

Peelz

Took off starter gear cover to inspect gears, good news, probably just need starter.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

dabigbratj

thought about how i still need to order brake line clamps :mad: