What did you do to your Raptor today?

Started by Yamahauler, May 29, 2008, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Quote from: Yamahauler on June 17, 2008, 05:39:18 PM
Since I put my ASV clutch lever on, for some reason when I am in gear and hold the clutch in, my raptor revs like crazy. Any ideas?
Throttle cable binding? IDK, I haven't put my clutch lever on yet?

Yamahauler

No, it's a real problem. And it's pissing me off. Say the quad is in gear, any gear, anytime I hold the clutch it while in gear it revs like crazy. But as soon as I let out and go back into gear it milds down. And it won't do it in Neutral either. I had to unplug a wire from the stock clutch perch, because it didn't have a spot for it on the ASV. I think the only thing the wire did was make it so the quad had to be put in Neutral before it would start, im having that problem to. So now that you know this is a real question, let me know any input.
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
Tusk Power Pull Tether Kill Switch
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s
Renthal 15 Tooth Front Sprocket
Protaper Bars

Krandall

Quote from: Yamahauler on June 18, 2008, 06:42:10 AM
No, it's a real problem. And it's pissing me off. Say the quad is in gear, any gear, anytime I hold the clutch it while in gear it revs like crazy. But as soon as I let out and go back into gear it milds down. And it won't do it in Neutral either. I had to unplug a wire from the stock clutch perch, because it didn't have a spot for it on the ASV. I think the only thing the wire did was make it so the quad had to be put in Neutral before it would start, im having that problem to. So now that you know this is a real question, let me know any input.

I think that wire needs to be hooked up first off. That's the clutch sensor. I can't think of why it'd make your motor rev. I just took mine out of the stock clutch perch and ziptied it to the the wire harnes near the radiator.  That switch there's a little nub on the end of it. that when the clutch lever is at rest, pushes the nub in, and tells the computer that the lever is out and if it's in gear don't start the motor. When you pull the lever back. Nub goes out, tells computer you have lever pulled in so no matter what gear it's in, you can start it. I'd pull that switch out of the perch plug it back into the harness and try it.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

in neutral, it is not revving? DOes the engine start revving as soon as you pull in the lever? Could it be the clutch cable zip tied to the throttle? I sorta had that problem when I bought my by bike. But it was only when I had bars cranked to the left and clutch all the way in. Engine would rev because throttle cable became too tight. Not sure why they were like that. If it is not that, Gotta be a short in clutch sensor? I was thinking 660, so I may not be as much help as I thought if, in fact, it is the electronics. Can you get detailed wiring diagrams for a rappy?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Quote from: Peels660 on June 18, 2008, 08:50:53 AM
in neutral, it is not revving? DOes the engine start revving as soon as you pull in the lever? Could it be the clutch cable zip tied to the throttle? I sorta had that problem when I bought my by bike. But it was only when I had bars cranked to the left and clutch all the way in. Engine would rev because throttle cable became too tight. Not sure why they were like that. If it is not that, Gotta be a short in clutch sensor? I was thinking 660, so I may not be as much help as I thought if, in fact, it is the electronics. Can you get detailed wiring diagrams for a rappy?

http://raptorsource.com/manuals/raptor_700.pdf

Under the Electrical Section. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

sweet. i hope he figures it out, that's a weird one. I would like to know what it is
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Quote from: Peels660 on June 18, 2008, 09:01:58 AM
sweet. i hope he figures it out, that's a weird one. I would like to know what it is

+1. I have ASV's on mine and I didn't experience that at all. :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Yamahauler

Yeah I am thinking its that wire I unplugged, when I get time to mess around with it I will for sure let everyone know what it was. Thanks Krandall.
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s
Renthal 15 Tooth Front Sprocket
Protaper Bars

RR34

ive heard when you put asv's on you have to sodder or wrap the 2 ends of the wire together. saw that on YFZCENTRAL.

Tore up some technical trails today on the YFZ. my jetting is still SHITTY FUCKING BALLSACK BULLSHIT. ordering some keihin jets tomorrow and throwing my dynojet shit in the fucking garbage :clap:
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

downfour

Quote from: Yamahauler on June 18, 2008, 02:31:23 PM
Yeah I am thinking its that wire I unplugged, when I get time to mess around with it I will for sure let everyone know what it was. Thanks Krandall.

just unplug from the perch and zip tie it up..   thats what i did and havn't had any problems..       if you unplug from the perch and the connector you will not be able to start in gear at all...     

kyledvor61

RR34

f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

bamaquad

Took my topend off to be refreshed. Upped the compression, full race port, bigger valves, & a bigger cam, all done by VelociRaptor.

Cleaned all the hoses and wiring harness, cleaned the air filter & custom airbox.

Waiting on the hood and tanktopper to put it all back together.

Gonna be bitchin, gonna look good and should be at 75'ish HP.

Yamahauler

Hell yeah buddy, I'm stoked for ya. When that tank topper/hood get on... there better be some pictures to back up how good you think they look.  :thumbs:
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s