What did you do to your Raptor today?

Started by Yamahauler, May 29, 2008, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny T

changed oil, changed tail light, adjusted throttle cable, and rode her around the block

Alkire193

Engine Mounts
Oil
Coolant
Fuel
Fuel Tank
Exhaust
Oil tank
Lines, hoses, Cables, Connectors
Cylinder
Head
Throttle Body
Timing

....Check

.....and, we have ignition!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUVyJfmim8

Peelz

washed it, polished it, and cleaned the air filter in prep for dunes.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Quote from: Alkire193 on September 11, 2009, 07:58:00 PM
Engine Mounts
Oil
Coolant
Fuel
Fuel Tank
Exhaust
Oil tank
Cylinder
Head
Throttle Body
Timing

....Check

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Has a weird kind of whine to it. I can't tell what it is.. Sounds like when a car w/ a pro-charger rolls by and it has that nice whine to it. That's sweet though man. Grats on the newfound power. Let us know how the first ride goes. 8) :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

I forgot to install a little washer that goes on the shift lever. This is a picture of it missing.

I have it on there now, lucky I didnt have to pull the clutch to do it. Tomorrow I get fluids, test and send to dyno if all is well. I cant wait!!

Alkire193

The whine was the oil not being soaked up around the drive gears. That was literally the first start so it hadnt gotten the oil all over yet. Thats why you see me lean over for a second. It doesnt whine anymore. And I threw on a 770 program from a guy that just got his tuned for 69 hp so if it works im going to ride this weekend just to check it out then take it to dyno. Thanks for the support Kran!

Quote from: Krandall on September 14, 2009, 07:36:22 AM
Engine Mounts
Oil
Coolant
Fuel
Fuel Tank
Exhaust
Oil tank
Cylinder
Head
Throttle Body
Timing

....Check

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Has a weird kind of whine to it. I can't tell what it is.. Sounds like when a car w/ a pro-charger rolls by and it has that nice whine to it. That's sweet though man. Grats on the newfound power. Let us know how the first ride goes. 8) :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

fireman5166

got it all ready to go to sand mountain.  :clap: I can't wait
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

dabigbratj

Quote from: Alkire193 on September 16, 2009, 10:02:42 PM
I forgot to install a little washer that goes on the shift lever. This is a picture of it missing.

I have it on there now, lucky I didnt have to pull the clutch to do it. Tomorrow I get fluids, test and send to dyno if all is well. I cant wait!!
that is an easy part to loose.
did it cause any problems?
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Danny T

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on September 18, 2009, 12:22:22 PM
painted the rims on my new paddles. :thumbs:
PICS?
Quote from: fireman5166 on September 18, 2009, 11:35:57 AM
got it all ready to go to sand mountain.  :clap: I can't wait
Care to pick me up on the way?
Quote from: Alkire193 on September 16, 2009, 10:06:32 PM
The whine was the oil not being soaked up around the drive gears. That was literally the first start so it hadnt gotten the oil all over yet. Thats why you see me lean over for a second. It doesnt whine anymore. And I threw on a 770 program from a guy that just got his tuned for 69 hp so if it works im going to ride this weekend just to check it out then take it to dyno. Thanks for the support Kran!

Quote from: Krandall on September 14, 2009, 07:36:22 AM
Engine Mounts
Oil
Coolant
Fuel
Fuel Tank
Exhaust
Oil tank
Cylinder
Head
Throttle Body
Timing

....Check

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i adjusted my TPS voltage... horrayyy

fireman5166

07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Alkire193

Quote from: dabigbratj on September 18, 2009, 11:41:28 AM
Quote from: Alkire193 on September 16, 2009, 10:02:42 PM

that is an easy part to loose.
did it cause any problems?

Nope no issues, just was a pain to get on without pulling the clutch basket. The bigger problem is when the quad still wouldnt shift afterward. I just finished tearing down and completely rebuilding the engine AGAIN. Guess what I found! The shattering of 4th gear wasnt my fault after all! One of the gears on the drive spline ceased, and I was in 4th when it happened. The gear broke because once the tranny ceased it broke the weakest link, which was that particular gear for me. So when I went back in I found the shift drum was mis-aligned with fork "L", the gearshaft had a ceased gear causing the transmission to cease and not run AND I left some small stuff loose here and there on the outside. Yea, im a dumbass, but I got her all back together now! and she starts again! AND.......SHE DRIVES! Full on 1-5 gear test this morning when all my neighbors wake up ( and the JB Weld cures). That 770 is a loud sum bitch! Wish me LUCK!

Krandall

good luck man!!!! can't wait to hear the ride report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Danny T

Alkire193

Rode my bike today! First time riding my 770 build, EVER! Not a hiccup or glitch. Now if I get a decent program on it I want to see some numbers!!