blowing fuses

Started by Kamakazi, April 11, 2009, 11:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

:confused: well i went to start the bike today, when i turned on the key i heard the fuel pump kick in, the i heard a fuse pop and the 2nd 10A fuse in a row(before the 15A) blew.  i unplugged the pc3 and it didnt help.  :confused: anybody run into this?
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Warren

you may want to run through all your wires and make sure nothing is grounding out on the chassis. it seems to me this may be the cause of this.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

bamaquad

Quote from: kamakazi on April 11, 2009, 11:58:35 PM
:confused: well i went to start the bike today, when i turned on the key i heard the fuel pump kick in, the i heard a fuse pop and the 2nd 10A fuse in a row(before the 15A) blew.  i unplugged the pc3 and it didnt help.  :confused: anybody run into this?

Hot damn, atleast mine isn't the only one doing this. I can't find the problem cuz. No wires touching nothing. Since your blowing fuses u better check your fan and Dynetak if u have one. Both of mine are shot.

Kamakazi

ill check those for sure.  does anybody know where to find what fuse is what?  on the wiring diagram it looks like is is for "switching" but im not totally sure  :confused:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

bamaquad

It tells you in the little fuse box what fuse is blowing.

Mine is always the ignition fuse.

Krandall

Weird, I am yet to blow a fuse. Running the dynatek too.... I would suggest pulling the dynatek first and seeing if that cures the issues. If so... and you're sure nothing's touching to ground out. I'd give dyna a call.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

i havent quite had time yet, but the dyna was the last thing i put in so im leaning towards that.

bamaquad

Quote from: Krandall on April 13, 2009, 08:51:33 AM
Weird, I am yet to blow a fuse. Running the dynatek too.... I would suggest pulling the dynatek first and seeing if that cures the issues. If so... and you're sure nothing's touching to ground out. I'd give dyna a call.

You pull the dynatak the quad starts right up.

Kamakazi

pulled the dynatek and it doesnt blow any fuses, guess who's gettin a call tomorrow  :mad:

bamaquad

Quote from: kamakazi on April 13, 2009, 08:19:17 PM
pulled the dynatek and it doesnt blow any fuses, guess who's gettin a call tomorrow  :mad:

What did Dynatek say about the situation? I'm going to call Wednesday.

Kamakazi

i didnt have to phone dynatek, my distributor just did an exchange for me.  let me know what they say bamaquad  :confused:

bamaquad

Called Dtynatek today and they said just send it back. They have awesome customer service but I'm loosing faith in their ignition. :(

Krandall

Will this be your 3rd?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

my new one is in my hands, i hope i dont have the same problem again  :(

bamaquad