blowing fuses

Started by Kamakazi, April 11, 2009, 11:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

how much life are u gettin out of the ignitions?  mine was 3 rides  :rolleyes:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Krandall

Quote from: bamaquad on April 15, 2009, 03:04:36 PM
Quote from: Krandall on April 15, 2009, 12:21:10 PM
Will this be your 3rd?

This will be my 3rd one.

That's insane. I must be one of the lucky ones or something. I've been running mine for a solid year now. (at least) no weird issues.
did dyna give any sort of insight, or just say. We'll send a new one?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

robkd

making me think twice about getting one now. ???

bamaquad

They just said they would send me another one. I had almost a whole days ride on this one when it blew. I was fixing to get a run on a monsterous hill and it blew right at the bottom.

My 1st one blew during hotlaps in the last race of the season last year.

They're lasting for a little while them blowing for some reason. :help:

Kamakazi

they get one more kick at the can for me, i saw one on mr that had a hole blown in it.  as for it goin on hotlaps, that absolutely sucks bama  :( if that happened to me id never run one again.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

bamaquad

Quote from: kamakazi on April 16, 2009, 10:03:42 AM
they get one more kick at the can for me, i saw one on mr that had a hole blown in it.  as for it goin on hotlaps, that absolutely sucks bama  :( if that happened to me id never run one again.

I'm just glad the 2nd one didn't blow in the middle of the hill. :)

Mikesspeed

Well it seems I have fallen in the bad luck category regarding Dynatek Prog. ignition blow-ups. I was out riding today and turned the bike off, when i went to turn it back on the ign. fuse blew. I made sure there were no shorts or cuts in any of the wires. When I attempted to start the bike again after changing the fuse the ign. box smoked pink, then blew the back off it. Slightly pissed. It has mabye 3-4 hours on it. Ill get some pics up tomorrow.
2008 Raptor 700 SE 110MPH GPS!!!!
-Barker Duals
-Trinity Intake
-PC3
-Ported Head
-Hotcam3
-778cc Big Bore Stroker
-SLC +4 Ladder Swinger

bamaquad

You can call Dynatek, and all they're going to do is tell u to send it back. Soon as I get a new one back I'm selling mine. :(

Krandall

I'm having a problem believing it's a dynatek issue... I know you know your shtuff Bama... but, I've got countless hours on my build, had the dynatek on since last June. No issues thus far ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

bamaquad

If it was just a random fuse blowing I wouldn't think that it was the Dynatek. But since it's my ignition fuse blowing that makes me go the Dynatek route.

While I'm doing my tear down I'm replacing my whole wiring harness. If it does it with the new harness it's got to be the Dynatek or something to do with the ignition itself.

bamaquad

Looks like we can add another one to the list. :(

07lightning

yep, im the lucky one. i saw this thread and decided to go check it out. there is some of the same problems on the "other" forums too.

i emailed them and let them know i wasnt real thrilled.

Kamakazi

its funny ive sold about 20 dynateks for the brute force at work and i havent had one come back yet  ??? so is it just the programmable ignitions?  if it is it shouldnt be too hard to trace the problem cuz it would have to do with the hook up to the programmer or the interface in the box, i wonder if the interface wires arent touching and shorting out.

07lightning

mine was sitting with wiring ran cleanly, and nothing touching anything else. i had less then 15 minutes of ride time.

ill be telling them to send me a non-programmable ignition and a check for the difference of the two costs.

Kamakazi

i didnt mean that you or i shorted the wiring, i was insinuating that inside the box some wires made contact.  but ya if mine blows again im goin non programmable